Author Topic: Iran's leader calls for TV debate with Bush  (Read 1941 times)

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
Iran's leader calls for TV debate with Bush
« Reply #45 on: August 30, 2006, 02:18:30 AM »
NWO!  :lol
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline B17Skull12

• Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: August 30, 2006, 02:38:04 AM »
didn't the same thing come up with iraq and sadam and bush said no.  
II/JG3 DGS II

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: August 30, 2006, 07:30:57 AM »
I say they should go for it.

I havent seen a good vaudville routine in a while
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #48 on: August 30, 2006, 08:21:59 AM »
I could never stand to hear klinton speak..  He never seemed very smart but.... cagey... like a used car salesman..

One thing is certain...  if he spoke first... by the time he let the other guy speak we would all be snooooozing soundly and be spared listening to how the jews had hooves and such and how America was imperialist...

lazs

Offline lukster

• Gold Member
« Reply #49 on: August 30, 2006, 09:08:54 AM »
Originally posted by FiLtH
Barbarians pretending to be civilized.

I think you just described about 90% of all human males. ;)

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: August 30, 2006, 09:29:33 AM »
True Lukster...but we fake it better.

~AoM~

Offline Mightytboy

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
« Reply #51 on: August 30, 2006, 10:26:17 AM »
Originally posted by Shifty
Again?

When was the last time he got his butt kicked? He beat Gore, Kerry, He's got Saddam in a cell. He's run so many rings around you supposedly  more intelligent Dems, you need Canadians , Scandanavians and EuroPIONs , to help you bash him.  You guys are so busy hating Bush you can't find your own asses. Yet you still say he's the stupid one.:lol

I agree!

They can make fun of him all they want but it still doesn't change the fact that he was smarter than anyone the Dems could throw at him.

Don't agree?

Then why did he win both elections?

If the Dems were so much smarter they would have been able to beat him with no problems.

Didn't happen so that theory is out the window.

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: August 30, 2006, 11:08:19 AM »
Originally posted by Neubob
Personally, I don't see the point of such a debate.

There's another point that Ahmadinejad is making and it's not aimed at Bush or the U.S. He's grandstanding for his own people. By making this challenge, he's saying that he is Bush's peer.
sand

Offline lukster

• Gold Member
« Reply #53 on: August 30, 2006, 11:15:11 AM »
Originally posted by Sandman
There's another point that Ahmadinejad is making and it's not aimed at Bush or the U.S. He's grandstanding for his own people. By making this challenge, he's saying that he is Bush's peer.

Middle east seems to be full of grandstanders. Of course those in the pulpits are only preachin' to the choir. Anyone fooolish enough to believe that Ahmadmanjihad wields more than a tiny percentage of the power Bush has is delusional. Of course there's no shortage of those in the middle east either.

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline Charon

• Gold Member
« Reply #55 on: August 30, 2006, 02:39:14 PM »
Why doesnt Bush and the Iranian president fight it out on the Mall in Washington DC. I'd pay to see that. Much more exciting than a debate.

I like this approach, Bush in the McGavin role and Ahmed...whatever... in the Mako role.

The Challenge
1970-USA

PLOT DESCRIPTION
This TV movie proposes that at some future date, America will be at loggerheads against some unnamed Asiatic power. Realizing that all-out nuclear war will decimate the planet, the two countries decide to boil down their argument to two combatants. Darren McGavin, an army malcontent, is the American "delegate', while martial-arts expert Mako is the Asian. They are place together on a small Pacific Island and ordered to duke it out on behalf of their countries--winner take all. According to the press release, both men learn "that there is a higher morality than temporary politics." The shamefaced director of The Challenge was able to hide behind the pseudonymous cognomen "Allan Smithee"; unfortunately Darren McGavin and Mako weren't offered that option. ~ Hal Erickson, All Movie Guide

I remember seeing this when it ran, actually. Not bad for 5 years old :)

Charon
« Last Edit: August 30, 2006, 02:41:27 PM by Charon »

Offline RedRadr

• Zinc Member
« Reply #56 on: August 30, 2006, 02:40:15 PM »

hot dang  sand, they aint no foolin you is they?

you just as smart as he is....

Offline Seagoon

• Gold Member
      • http://www.providencepca.com
« Reply #57 on: August 30, 2006, 02:54:46 PM »
As far as I know, Ahmadinejad speaks Farsi and Arabic but no English so any "debate" would have to go through the painful process of simultaneous translation. Not that such a debate will ever happen.

Incidentally, Ahmadinejad actually has a masters in Civil Engineering and PhD in "traffic and transportation engineering and planning." On another note, G.W.B.'s grades in University though far from stellar were better than both Kerry's and Gore's. But really that only goes to show that the days when America's politicians were some of the brighter bulbs in the box are long over.

Having read Ahmadinejad's blog and several of his translated speeches, he shows an excellent grasp of Shi 'ite theology and doctrine and an ability to play the "third world underdog nation vs. the big nasty colonial west" political card that he doesn't believe but realizes plays well in the world media.

What would be peronally amusing however, would be having a man who mentions Allah, the teaching of the Koran, the imminent advent of the 12th Imam and the ultimate destiny of Islam and the duty of all to embrace it, every third paragraph (for instance: "Oh Almighty God, please, we beg you to send us our Guardian- who You have promised us- soon and appoint us as His close companions." - From his latest Blog - a reference to the return of the hidden Imam) debating someone who would be forced to only speak American secularese and make mention of "God" in the most general and vague terms.

Ah well, it all a moot point really. In the end they'll get enough Uranium 235 or Plutonium to make several bombs. You can't have all that proven Pakistani, North Korean, Russian, and Chinese technology fueled by lots and lots of lovely oil money and not end up with a few working A-bombs at the end of the day, and since the West has adopted an "all carrots and no sticks" stance, my prediction is that Iran will soon be joining N.K. in the "be nice America, we can and will nuke your allies" club.

- SEAGOON
SEAGOON aka Pastor Andy Webb
"We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion... Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #58 on: August 30, 2006, 02:57:59 PM »
Originally posted by RedRadr
hot dang  sand, they aint no foolin you is they?

you just as smart as he is....

Can someone translate this to english please?
sand

Offline Seagoon

• Gold Member
      • http://www.providencepca.com
« Reply #59 on: August 30, 2006, 03:11:38 PM »
Can someone translate this to english please?

Well I'll give it a try. The sentence appears to have three parts.

Hot Dang Sand - "This Sand is Damnably Hot" or possibly a reference to a spicy Vietnamese recipe with an unusual main ingredient.

they aint no foolin you is they? - Question: "An unspecified group of other individuals are/are not (this remains indeterminate due to the use of the double negative) capable of deceiving you, are they?"

You Just as Smart as He is - "All things being equal, I [the speaker] find you to be the mental equal of the President of Iran."

Hope this helps.  :D

- SEAGOON
« Last Edit: August 30, 2006, 03:18:33 PM by Seagoon »
SEAGOON aka Pastor Andy Webb
"We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion... Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams