Author Topic: Gunner  (Read 523 times)

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
Gunner
« on: September 03, 2006, 11:26:32 PM »
Okay this really ticks me off....I wish the gun positions in buff's would remain where they were last left when leaving the position...I'm sick of being in my tail gun, leaving it facing straight back, jumping into say the ball turrett, and then coming back to my tail gun and find it 90 degrees full left....It takes about 1-2 seconds to get orientated, and get the gun back where u want it, and those 1-2 seconds most of the time mean life or death...

please fix
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
Gunner
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2006, 11:55:10 PM »
Amen!:aok
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
Gunner
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2006, 07:21:23 AM »
Emmm Mr Cav sir, did you ever happen to notice.

All buff guns track the same target at the same time. As much as they can anyway. So if your in nose gun and tracking a target obviously tail gun won't be on target. But its going to swinging left or right  trying to get on target.

So how do you expecct to jump back into any gun and find it where you left it?
Unless you "uncoupled" the gun, so it would not track, and could not fire. Its never going to be where you left it. Its simply not possible as long as all bomber guns track the same target.

And did you really want bomber guns not firing if your attacked?

If all bomber guns were independant again, and only guns fireing would be the ones your manning. IE no AI, no otto, if your not in the gun shooting nothing shoots. Then you could leave the turrent and the gun would stay where you left it. But surely this isn't what you want?

Offline Schutt

• Silver Member
Gunner
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2006, 07:38:54 AM »
CC Ghost,

but it would be nice if the gun once the tracked target moves out of its arc of fire  moves back to center, then when you aim a target that can be reached moves back to that direction. Would certainly cost a second or two for the AI gunner to move it to there. But then at least its centerd if i jump in a gun on the other side of the buff, which would greatly help the orientation.

Offline viper215

• Silver Member
      • http://www.bops.us
Gunner
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2006, 12:23:42 PM »
:aok
- Viper215 - Birds of Prey - Falcon Wing -
               - www.bops.us -

Offline MWL

• Nickel Member
Gunner
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2006, 11:57:16 PM »
Greetings,

I have found that if I go from rear to pilot to front (or the reverse) the guns are centered for those 2 positions.

Regards,