Author Topic: idea for bomber perks  (Read 2651 times)

Offline Reynolds

• Gold Member
      • http://flyingknights.csmsites.com
idea for bomber perks
« Reply #45 on: September 03, 2006, 08:39:00 PM »
Originally posted by MWL
 Very the rate that bombs fall to a random number - either by varying the rate of fall of each bomb or delay release from bomber by a random 1/10 of a second or so to reduce the accuracy of high level bombing.  The lower the drop, the less effect of the variation.

NO YOU IDIOT!!! THAT IS QHAT WE ARE COMPLAINING ABOUT!!! If you make high-altitude bombing even HARDER, MORE people will be dive-bombing Lancasters and TFFing B-17s!!! Its not us 20k bombers people are bothered by, its those low-level guys. Bombing from that high is hard enough, because it takes a long time (I have to launch at LEAST 6 sectors from my target and decote at least 45 minutes to the run-up) you have cloud cover (Sometimes its thin and you can see right through, sometimes you cannot se anything) But if you now want to make it hard for us to bomb accurately from up there, I will be the only retard who bombs realisticly! As it stands I have to force some of my people to go up there, and all your suggestion would do is make the problem worse. Intensify ack. That is my solution. Make ack 100%. Make it so any bomber who dares venture under 16,000 gets incinerated before he gets his doors open. In real life any bomber down that low was as good as dead. They are too slow to avoid the ack. Set the skies on fire, and watch the Lancasters burn!

Offline MWL

• Nickel Member
idea for bomber perks
« Reply #46 on: September 04, 2006, 12:24:14 AM »
Sigh,

Idiot is such a offensive term.  Perhaps you should consider a more appropriate post such as, "No, this will cause even more unrealistic actions such as dive bombing Lancs. I totally disagree with your idea."  Which is a valid point.  But that should be addressed in the flight mechanics (wings ripped off or compression etc . . . .)

You might as well say STFU, you have no contributions here.

However, high alt bombing is unrealistic in the game.  You know it I am sure.

I agree with you on the ack.  Dive bombing buffs and suicide LAs should face effective base defense.  

Regards.

Offline justfreds

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
idea for bomber perks
« Reply #47 on: September 04, 2006, 02:25:35 AM »
why dont you just perk the bombs?
it would make dive bombin lanc noobs go away

Offline Reynolds

• Gold Member
idea for bomber perks
« Reply #48 on: September 04, 2006, 11:12:39 PM »
Sorry bout the idiot part, im just really annoyed at the fact that all of these ideas punish us high-alt. bombers more than they punish those dive-bombing lancs.

Offline MWL

• Nickel Member
idea for bomber perks
« Reply #49 on: September 04, 2006, 11:52:02 PM »
Greetings,

No prob, I need a thicker skin.  I can see your point, I also wish the 4 engine dive bombers could be delt with in some manner.

Regards,

Offline Reynolds

• Gold Member
idea for bomber perks
« Reply #50 on: September 05, 2006, 04:21:08 AM »
The funny thing is, the only thing they are good for is CV killers. They never seem to hit more than 2 hangars for all of their effort.

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
idea for bomber perks
« Reply #51 on: September 05, 2006, 11:05:20 AM »
I can take a jeep to an enemy base and ping one of the buffs, the pilot flips out and augers all 100 of them into the ground. I then drive my jeep back to base and get 99999999 perkies for landing 100 kills in a jeep :)
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline Reynolds

• Gold Member
idea for bomber perks
« Reply #52 on: September 05, 2006, 12:13:42 PM »
If only that were true...