Author Topic: here ya go Mars, this is what you need to do :)  (Read 920 times)

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline macleod01

• Gold Member
      • http://www.71sqn.co.uk
here ya go Mars, this is what you need to do :)
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2006, 09:55:56 AM »
WTG Sir! The potatod destroyed by one man (With Solas as help at the end!). I was wondering if you could be so kind as to tell me, sir, HOW THE HECK you made it home! Very impressed. Happy I serve under you sir!
seeds have been laid...but they arent trees we're growing. we're growing organic grenades!- 321BAR
I'd have a better chance in running into a Dodo Bird in the middle of rush hour, walking down the I-5 with two hookers in tow before I see a useful post from glock89- Ack-Ack

Offline v1st

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2006, 06:51:51 PM »
great video nice flying.. side note (s) to solar had i great 1 vs 1 3 weeks ago wish had film..  ask him about it both in 205 fought from 15 k to deck 10 minute fight

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2006, 07:35:21 PM »
I'll make sure he gets the salute sir.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2006, 10:26:18 AM »
Not to take away from your ACM and SA skills ... but this is also a testiment to how much the potatolettes really suck when it gets down and dirty. You really never should have made it out of there alive ... even with a Tempest.

Most of the kills showed a complete lack of ACM, SA, and shooting-skill by the potatolettes, which isn't suprising in the least.

Damn near pissed my pants watching JB76 spray and pray from D1.5 ... too funny.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2006, 10:30:14 AM by SlapShot »
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2006, 11:06:30 AM »
I can't watch AH films from work,  Windows Media player would be nice.

Bat what was the number disparity??  Was it you against 30 guys, you on perch?  Just curious since I can't watch it.

Slap said you had a tempest?  Sounds like a nice BnZ lunch stealing.  While admirable and fun once in a while and something I have done, still doesn't cure my no advantage early era, SA streached to the max, plane jones - ie furball - that is lacking.

The thing is when it's you low against 30 guys, you are the only one they are looking at and it is more a game of dodge ball until they finally get their act together and one guy reads a move ahead of his buddies and is in the right place to pick you.

This is unlike a furball, where there are close to equal numbers and not all 30 guys trying to kill one guy.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2006, 11:12:53 AM by mars01 »

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2006, 11:18:14 AM »
It wasn't quite thirty guys ... he landed 6 kills ... should have had 7 ... but he DID fight (quite well) the Tempest.

Like I said before ... they sucked, but he did show nice skill in the Tempest. It didn't really matter that he was in a Tempest ... he would have spanked them anyways.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline FX1

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2006, 11:22:44 AM »
Bat you should have been dead about 15 times (:

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2006, 11:35:21 AM »
Slight hi-jack (sorry Bat).

I don't like the way people toss around a vulgar, debasing, insulting word ("potato") as if it's nothing. Look your views on the horde are one thing, but stop throwing around disgusting words like they're every day. If you tossed around the word "potato" in conversation your mother would b-slap you 6 ways from Sunday (I don't care what age you are), your girlfriend would leave you and everybody would stop associating with you.

It's one thing to swear. Swearing is fleeting. It's another thing to try and cultivate a trend to toss about vulgar words like they were nothing. That's no different than calling your neighbor "prettythanghole" and pretending it's an acceptable term.

Please stop using this term. Not only is it vulgar and base, your casual flinging of it is no more acceptable than the idea of calling women b****es.

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2006, 12:39:56 PM »
thats pretty unfair to the guys out there , although i agree that my flying was only semi good at best.   JB76 and I had a good chat afterwards, and it is my opinion that he flew very well, in a 190 A5 not a dweeb ride, but coulda maybe made those chances count, maybe.

what you guys have to remember is that the top notch skill echelon dont come out to play regularly, so when a dweeb like me has a great fight against a few other dweebs.......essentially this is what the MA is, and what makes up 90% of its encounters.

the 190 was shooting from maybe 1.0k at most, and not missing by much.

if you want my opinion, its the attitude 'look at these tards playing my game all wrong, they all suck, and i cant have fun because of them' attitude that could sour the gameplay for some people.

Originally posted by mars01

The thing is when it's you low against 30 guys, you are the only one they are looking at and it is more a game of dodge ball until they finally get their act together and one guy reads a move ahead of his buddies and is in the right place to pick you.

This is unlike a furball, where there are close to equal numbers and not all 30 guys trying to kill one guy.

just for the record it was me, alone, at an enemy base. started high, worked a few ropes and spiral climbs, then got chased low by a spit16 and 190 only to reverse and furball with them and finally an La7 comes in.

please watch it mars, i dont think you get much more adrenalin pumped sorties that this.

S! all
« Last Edit: September 05, 2006, 12:42:29 PM by B@tfinkV »

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2006, 12:59:50 PM »
Heck, mine started pumping just WATCHING it!

More than once I said "Oh crap!" and cringed but was shocked you didn't get insta-gibbed. You were spot on with that "I don't know how I'm still flying" comment at the end!

EDIT: P.S. Your gunnery amazes me. I'd never have hit any of those. Espeicially not with the self-control of short bursts you have. I'd have forced myself to work more for the shot and as a result been in a worse position (and not survived). I'm somewhat shocked that the 190A5 was able to keep up with you so well. Doesn't fly that fast when I'm in it!

Offline FX1

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2006, 01:05:17 PM »
Bat i was just kinding.. I bet that you really dont fly a tempest that much. Next time take a spit 16 thats the perfect set up for the 16.

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2006, 01:58:01 PM »
what you guys have to remember is that the top notch skill echelon dont come out to play regularly, so when a dweeb like me has a great fight against a few other dweebs.......essentially this is what the MA is, and what makes up 90% of its encounters.

Bat I wasn't trying to take anything away from you, just trying to get a feel for what the film was about till I can actually watch it.

Don't get me wrong, I like the occasional high alt cherry run into terrible odds.  Those are about the only ones I will climb for, my plane of choice is the F4U4 or Temp.

My point was more a response to the "What I need to do" part.  You see, I know I can log in 99% of the time and have the option to defend a capped base, drop bombs, fligh high and safe and pick or all of the above.  The problem is there is no way to get my fur fix.  And when I miss FesterMA, Donut etc and I have had my fill of the above mentioned flying all the crap maps, I really start to need a fur fix.  It's not that I can't or haven't flown all the other ways, it's that I get tired of flying those ways all the time cause most of the time that is all there is.

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2006, 01:59:51 PM »
So Krusty what do you call women that bang 5 different men a week or night??

If I am around some one whom is a potato that's what I will call them.  Get rid of the potatods and you don't have to see the word. :aok

You want to clean up the rhetoric but let the potatos stay.  I would rather clean up the potatods and the words will go away. :aok

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2006, 02:23:24 PM »
Mars you go too far. You want me to call you a studmuffingot? Does it matter if the term applies? You're tossing around terms out-of-place, so I can too.

Please take a look outside yourself before you decide unilaterally to adopt terrible words as every-day ones.