Author Topic: NOVA: Life and Death in a war zone (CSAR Hospitals)  (Read 159 times)

Offline Wolfala

• Platinum Member
NOVA: Life and Death in a war zone (CSAR Hospitals)
« on: September 08, 2006, 09:24:44 PM »
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7135206666027120940

NOVA's team spent weeks living day and night with the doctors, surgeons, and military staff of the 21st Combat Support Hospital in Iraq.  ... all » The film follows the daily drama of life and death in a tented hospital in the deserts north of Baghdad. Building a state-of-the-art hospital in the dust and heat is a remarkable achievement, but it represents only the start of the difficulties faced by the doctors and nurses of the 21st CSH. Relief at the lack of military casualties is soon replaced by high drama and difficult ethical decisions as Iraqi victims arrive, many of them children with horrific injuries caused by unexploded weapons. NOVA shows how innovations in battlefield medicine have transformed the survival prospects of such casualties, and provides an intimate story of the struggle for survival in a combat hospital.

Difficult to watch, but worth it.

the best cure for "wife ack" is to deploy chaff:    $...$$....$....$$$.....$ .....$$$.....$ ....$$

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2006, 10:05:34 PM »
I'm glad the story is being told.  This is "real" journalism, not the BS put out by otherwise mainstream media or political talking heads.

It's important to get stuff like this into the true historical record because the partisan political bickering takes up so much space in the public eye.  I hope people watch the real stuff and dont' get 100% mislead by the extreme opinions out there.

Regardless of what "side" you're on, the truth ought to be your friend.
Everyone I know, goes away, in the end.

Offline Wolfala

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2006, 11:30:49 PM »
Apart from that, its just a human story.

the best cure for "wife ack" is to deploy chaff:    $...$$....$....$$$.....$ .....$$$.....$ ....$$