Author Topic: here ya go Mars, this is what you need to do :)  (Read 921 times)

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
here ya go Mars, this is what you need to do :)
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2006, 02:33:23 PM »
I'm with Krusty on this one Mars.  It's a cute term but I wouldn't want my kids to be reading it and there are some young kids that read the boards.  No need to use expletives to make your position stronger.  Just my opinion. *shrug*
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline icemaw

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2006, 03:06:25 PM »
blah blub blah blub blah blub blah
Army of Das Muppets     
Member DFC Furballers INC. If you cant piss with big dogs go run with the pack

Offline pluck

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2006, 03:12:39 PM »
if ya guys want to get technical, potato is not really an explitive.  It can refer to women who well, you know.  however if may also refer to someone who will sacrifice their principles to achieve a certain gain:)  which i think might be an appropriate term for thse potatod warriors:)  man people get offended easy, just a sign of the times i guess.
-Vast
NOSEART
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2006, 03:21:34 PM »
I suppose that's a discussion for a different thread.  Somebody else go throw that chum out please.
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2006, 03:29:09 PM »
Mars you go too far. You want me to call you a studmuffingot? Does it matter if the term applies? You're tossing around terms out-of-place, so I can too.
Call me what you want Krusty I could care less.  I have thick skin, broad sholders - Uhh oh can I use broad there LOL -  and a set of balls.  :aok

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2006, 03:35:52 PM »
You miss the point entirely. Why am I not surprised? :rolleyes:

Offline pluck

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2006, 04:33:43 PM »
Originally posted by Dichotomy
Somebody else go throw that chum out please.
:confused:
-Vast
NOSEART
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2006, 04:51:10 PM »
Originally posted by mars01
Bat I wasn't trying to take anything away from you, just trying to get a feel for what the film was about till I can actually watch it.

Don't get me wrong, I like the occasional high alt cherry run into terrible odds.  Those are about the only ones I will climb for, my plane of choice is the F4U4 or Temp.

My point was more a response to the "What I need to do" part.  You see, I know I can log in 99% of the time and have the option to defend a capped base, drop bombs, fligh high and safe and pick or all of the above.  The problem is there is no way to get my fur fix.  And when I miss FesterMA, Donut etc and I have had my fill of the above mentioned flying all the crap maps, I really start to need a fur fix.  It's not that I can't or haven't flown all the other ways, it's that I get tired of flying those ways all the time cause most of the time that is all there is.

ok i do see your point, and know how frustrating that is.

is there any chance you can force yourself to ignore the bad parts and enjoy something fun? its sad to see a much loved vet like yourself hating the game so much.

if you ever want to go DA and mess around in P40s or something let me know sir.
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2006, 05:45:48 PM »
me too Mars... I don't agree with your delivery sometimes but I understand your position and frustration and I know I could learn a thing or a thousand flying with / against you there.   :aok

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2006, 09:12:48 AM »
is there any chance you can force yourself to ignore the bad parts and enjoy something fun? its sad to see a much loved vet like yourself hating the game so much.

I don't hate the game bat.  If I did I would just quit and move on to the rest of the stuff I love to do.

I do still enjoy this game when I am lucky enough to be on when the fighting and maps are good.  The other times I will up and play much like the rest, being forced to via map and game play styles, and fly till I get bored.  Where as in FT I log off mentally and physically (reaction wise) drained and satisfied.

The funny thing is, when I get my fill of fighter town, granted it take a while lol, I will sometimes go and join the guys taking bases or flying cap etc.  That's the thing and why I don't want to limit game play as some would twist my post into.

As for the DA, that would be fun.  I suck in there and need the work as much as any so I'm in, you too Dichotomy.  The only place I feel I have any clue is dodgeing 3 to 5 guys and reversals, so if you guys are interested in that you can join me in the MA or just fly wing if you see me on.  Either way it would be fun.

I don't agree with your delivery sometimes
You have to take my delivery with a grain of salt and a good sense of humor.  A lot of what I write is because it makes me laugh as I get my point across.  That's all, I don't mean that much disrespect as much as I mean to be fun or poke some fun.  And it is a great barometer for the guys that take this stuff too seriously.  IMH that's what real life is for.  :aok   In the end this and even these boards are just a game.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2006, 09:15:45 AM by mars01 »

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2006, 09:17:38 AM »
*stooges style eyepoke ;)