Author Topic: Your Vote  (Read 890 times)

Offline Lance

• Silver Member
Your Vote
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2000, 10:19:00 AM »
1776:  Heh!  I guess painting the rest of the country as a liberal communist or an I-dont-give-a-damn middle of the roader with your own itsy-bitsy, teensy-weensy brush makes the manure easier to swallow

Caveman:  Where did I ever contradict Bush's reasons for going to court?  The problem with the way you make Bush's case is that you take some truth and mix in conspiratorial conjecture about the other side without any evidence to back it up.  That is why I have to view your "facts" and "truths" with suspicion.  My die-hard democrat friends are absolutely no different, and I view their opinions with an equal ammount of suspicion.

Am I really going out on a limb saying that both parties regularly sacrifice America's belief in itself and its government to further their agenda or undermine their opponents?  For arguments sake, let me go ahead and say that the Dem's are the only ones at fault here.  Who forced Clinton's impeachment down America's throat?  Oh, but there is some justification for that, as I am sure someone will be more than happy to point out.  Well, the Dem's are justifying what they are doing now, and their fanatical followers are believing it just as fervently as some of you believed in the justifications for Clinton's impeachment.

At some point this has to stop.  That is why I am very disappointed in the party (democrat) that I traditionally vote for.  As for the Republican party, I see no difference.  The shoe has been on the other foot many times.

Gordo

Offline CavemanJ

• Silver Member
Your Vote
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2000, 10:42:00 AM »
Gordo you said:

As for who entered the court system first, it hasn't been either party yet. Some individual voters have filed suit over the Palm Beach ballot, and the Bush campaign is supposed to seek their injunction tomorow.

From the way you wrote that it seemed you were saying Bush was seeking an injunction against the PBC voters' suits, when Bush's filing is to stop the manual recount in a few select districts.

But that still dinnae change that the DNC filed a suit, then withdrew it, so they could rewrite it.

Offline Lance

• Silver Member
Your Vote
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2000, 06:03:00 PM »
Ahh, nope, not what I meant.  I can see where it was confusing.

Gordo