Author Topic: Most Intense Fighting Situation  (Read 866 times)

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
Most Intense Fighting Situation
« on: September 09, 2006, 03:36:30 PM »
What really gets your adrenaline pumping and leaves you walking away with sweaty palms? Doesn't have to be something you necessarily have to like doing.

Mine would be a vertical scissors. Me and someone of relative equal skill and even E get going straight up and try to get behind the other person. Can't throttle down too much or the other person will be able to rope you. Can't just go straight up or they will be able to get a shot off, and can't pull out because like any other scissors they will be able to saddle on your 6. Usually leads to both planes stalling out and can lead to a normal scissors or series of split S's to the deck.

Offline Major Biggles

• Gold Member
      • 71 Squadron Website
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2006, 04:39:04 PM »
yup, going for the merge, heading up through multiple immels, against a pilot you know is very good, in a fight you know is important :)

either that, or being all alone in a big furball, taking on 4 or more at a time. infact, being in the last two of a KoTH round is usually quite a rush, i love it, gets the blood pumping :)

71 'Eagle' Squadron RAF

Member DFC

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2006, 04:45:37 PM »
Itīs a very weird thing: In normal combat situations I never get sweaty palms. I maneuver, shoot, kill and get killed, all quite coldblooded.

BUT: When I sneak up an unsuspecting victim in my 262 or Tempest, i suddenly get sweaty hands and my hart begins to beat faster. I guess I have too much time to think: "Do I aim right? What was my convergence again? Should I shoot now or fly even closer? But will he detect me and break?" Itīs total nonsense, but thatīs the way it is... :rolleyes:
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2006, 04:51:25 PM »
Try the King of the hill event, its full of emotions like that, especially when you are in the last 2 fighting )
now posting as SirNuke

Offline Auger

• Nickel Member
      • AKs Home Page
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2006, 05:01:19 PM »
I'm right there with Lusche.  I may have a little bit of sweat going on in a good fight, but buck fever hits HARD when I have a sneaky bounce going.  My heart races, my hands start to tremble a bit, please don't let him see me...

And then I usually blow right past with a single non-damaging ping.  AAAARGH!

Offline Spatula

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2006, 09:38:18 PM »
I love those really long twisting, climbing, turning, stalling, loose 15,000 ft extended 1on1 brawls that seems to go on for 1/2 hour and ends up slugging whats left of it out on the deck with the stall buzzer going like mad. When someone finally wins, i gotta take a break and several deep breaths, and wait 15 mins to stop hands shaking :)
Airborne Kitchen Utensil Assault Group

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Re: Most Intense Fighting Situation
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2006, 10:14:12 PM »
Originally posted by Raptor
What really gets your adrenaline pumping and leaves you walking away with sweaty palms?  

Flat scissors, flaps out, treetop level, 100 yards separation, early or mid-war planes.  

- Oldman (Gives you time to really stress out your heart muscles because neither plane has Instant Death Weapons.)

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
Re: Re: Most Intense Fighting Situation
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2006, 10:30:36 PM »
Originally posted by Oldman731
Flat scissors, flaps out, treetop level, 100 yards separation, early or mid-war planes.

Doing the above with Oldman while both of us try not to be the first to auger.

Offline mussie

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2006, 10:26:36 AM »
Any fight that is low and a good match between my skills and the Con's

But I love getting on somones six in a YAK at tree top (or lower :) )level... Once I get on someones six in a Yak-9U they usually auger trying to shake me...

Mind you I had someone (Lynx ?)  in my sights once and he ended up flying through the BH, I chassed him and made it through the BH but ended up stalling out.....

To me AH is like riding a Motorcycle... With a motorcycle its not about the destination, its about the ride getting there... With AH its not about the kill, its about the fight....

Offline mussie

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2006, 10:27:36 AM »
Oldman (Gives you time to really stress out your heart muscles because neither plane has Instant Death Weapons.)

Dam Straight Oldman

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2006, 10:30:21 AM »
oldman wins.  a large part of the player base will never know it tho.... mores the pity.

lazs
Public Relations Officer for the BK's

Offline croduh

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2006, 10:41:52 AM »
Koth, i am in the last 2 left, a20

i was blacking out as i headed towards the con, pw, didn't see nothing,
started shooting, hear a boom, thought it  was me,

i got back from blacking out and saw everybody congratulating me on a round won.

I started jumping all over my room:D

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2006, 11:49:57 AM »

- Oldman (Gives you time to really stress out your heart muscles because neither plane has Instant Death Weapons.)

Still the most intense 1 v 1 I can remember.  9K to the deck with a Spit 16 driver against my 38G.  Got into the flat scissors with the flaps out.  This is the top of the roll for me a little over 500 feet, lower part was 20 feet.  Shot him down after 5 heart racing minutes at 250 feet.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2006, 12:14:28 PM »
KOTH is always fun, but I've missed the last 2 months due to work (will miss this month's Sat KOTH as well). I really got going last KOTH I played in. Match was P40E's, it was down to the final 2. Me vs. BluKitty. Me and Blu had some brush ups earlier that night and there was some tension between us. Not to mention Blu was a Wabbit and I had 1 win. We started at co-alt (around 3k) and soon ended up on the deck. He worked his way to my 6 and if I pulled off a certain manouver I would have been able to get on his 6. Unfortunately for me I was too low and slow to pull off the move and augered into the water:lol

Offline stephen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2006, 01:08:37 PM »
Trying to land an F4U on a cv with either half a wing, or pilot wound,..but never both...at the same time, I mean, nvrmnd...
Spell checker is for Morrons