Author Topic: Most Intense Fighting Situation  (Read 865 times)

Offline Sketch

• Silver Member
      • http://www.arabian-knights.org
Most Intense Fighting Situation
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2006, 01:27:15 PM »
Had about a 15 minute battle with Shim in his Ki84 while I was in my F4U-1.  Started at about 13k and we ended up on the deck flying through the trees.  He got around on me and got some good hits on me and I lost an elevator and aileron.  Yeah... things from there didn't get pretty, on my par that is!  :rofl   Sketch starts brushing off leaves   Those trees hurt!
~Sketch~//~Arabian Knights~
Sketch's Gunsight Collection 2008
Sketchworks Arabian Knights Soundpack
~Oderint Dum Metuant~

Offline Hornet

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2006, 02:22:14 PM »
KOTHs or the old Wild Wednesday's could be good, the closing 30mins of final scenario frames where your group is expected to make a stop on a enemy force definitely felt like showtime...squad v squad duels...basically any scenario where winning and losing means something to you and your opponent.

The situations for a good fight are often there in the MA but I rarely can get past a clinical focus on my technique/tactics to get worked up there. Like gambling, there has to be enough at stake to make you nervous, to get my adrenaline flowing.
Hornet

Offline texastc316

• Silver Member
      • Mighty 316th
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2006, 08:22:59 PM »
Flyin an FM2 when your base is overrun, doin circles 20 feet off the ground tryin to kill/stay alive. Only last a few minutes at most, but yeah, I like it
TexsTC-CO/Court Jester-Mighty 316th FS "CREEPING DEATH"  in MA/FSO

The eager pilots are not experienced. And the experienced not eager.

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2006, 10:08:59 PM »
Being 1 fight away from a tournament win.

Offline ClaymoreMuskies

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.joehannon.com/
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2006, 10:50:04 PM »
flying a DrIII with 6 nme on ya as you cycle all views to build up a SA model in 3d in your head every 2 seconds! Then again that was AW days but.. WW1 combat is tight - heck you can spit on the other plane ;)

--)-Clay---

Offline FX1

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2006, 11:06:57 PM »
I have a film made three nights ago with some of the best flyn one sortie run. Anyone like to post it on a server?

Offline LEADPIG

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2006, 03:34:06 PM »
I was watching a show about Randy Cunningham in Vietnam. He said he didn't get cold or scarred while flying but operated on his training and knowledge  instead. He did say that when it was all over and you sit alone that all of a sudden the emotions that you were ignoring all of a sudden come back, and sitting by yourself crying, sweating, and shaking were not uncommon. His backseater Willy Driscoll said that that the pressure during a dogfight was so intense that people would physiologically break down and urinate, vomit, and defecate on themselves, and still have to fly the mission, sounds somewhat similiar to the effects founds on infantryman during WW1 when war become so mechanized. Though in the air the effects are pretty much the same.