Author Topic: new player help  (Read 450 times)

Offline blade2009

• Zinc Member
new player help
« on: September 12, 2006, 01:43:04 PM »
ive played a few fligth sims bfore but im not that good ive been using the c.202 and the seafire mk2 can any one give me any tips about theese planes like optimal speed and stuff i tend to use 50% fuel  and also if any one can give me tips on landing 75% of the time i miss the runway or summat falls off when i try and land so any help wud be gr8 thanks

blade

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
new player help
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2006, 01:45:05 PM »
practice a lot offline and set up time with a trainer... you'll be amazed at how quickly you progress.  Or go into the TA and ask if someone can help you.  I know widewing is in there a lot and he's a great source of help and info.  Good luck :aok
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Major Biggles

• Gold Member
      • 71 Squadron Website
new player help
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2006, 01:52:56 PM »
i can give you one tip that'll help you a lot...

the c202, while great fun to fly, and definitely commands respect, is not only a very hard plane to learn in, and fly properly, but it's guns are also about the weakest on any fighter around. i'd heavily recommend you go with a spit mk8 or the mk 5 and 9, because they're nice and easy to mess about in, they have a decent gun package, and you'll progress well from them ;)

71 'Eagle' Squadron RAF

Member DFC

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
new player help
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2006, 02:01:21 PM »
Hi Blade!

The C202 is one of the weakest plane in the bunch. Im not saying you cant learn in it, but it will certainly make it a more frustrating and tougher time for you. For starters, i usually recommend the Spitfire Mk8 or Mk9 (Seafire or Spitfire Mk2 also great) or an F6F. They generally have a good performance and are forgiving the odd mistake. Stick to one plane for the time being. This will help you get familiar with what it can and cant do and how to use that against the different opponents.

To compare speed/climb charts and other performance values, i recommend DokGonzos Aircraft page and for a quick rundown of almost every plane in the set Sodas Aircraft page. You can also right click any plane in the list in HANGAR (in game) and get speed/climb charts.

For other help, hints, tips and tricks i recommend the HELP File as well as http://www.netaces.org.

For takeoff and landing practice - just come by the Training Arena. Usually someone there thats willing to help. The key to landing is SLOW and SHALLOW.

trainers@hitechcreations.com to contact the Trainer Corps for practice sessions. Please include your gameID and times you are available.

Welcome to Aces High :)!
« Last Edit: September 12, 2006, 02:06:07 PM by Schatzi »
21 is only half the truth.

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
new player help
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2006, 02:03:10 PM »
^^^^^

good advice... Spits a great plane to start with
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline blade2009

• Zinc Member
new player help
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2006, 02:13:05 PM »
ty ill stay away from the c.202 for now  :D ty

Offline dhaus

• Copper Member
new player help
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2006, 05:58:02 PM »
I learned about flight sims playing air warrior for 2 years.  Got here after several years off and couldn't do a darn thing.  For some reason, the C205 was the first plane I landed multiple kills in.  Reasonably fast, good guns with a great ammo load.  Just don't try to turn & burn in it, unless you're against a 190.  I haven't tried it much since the last update, so it may have changed somewhat.

Offline SAS_KID

• Silver Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/saskid
new player help
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2006, 09:11:58 PM »
C202 is a lot different to the 205. C202 takes more SA than ACM to stay alive (Like a P40). 205 just climbs.:cool:
Quote from: hitech on Today at 09:27:26 AM
What utter and compete BS, quite frankly I should kick you off this bbs for this post.

The real truth is you do not like the answer.

HiTech

Offline dhaus

• Copper Member
new player help
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2006, 06:33:16 PM »
True, which is why I mention the 205 as an alternative to spits.