Author Topic: Chinese cars are coming to US!  (Read 629 times)

Offline 1K3

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Chinese cars are coming to US!
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2006, 11:52:22 PM »
I would not buy a Chinese car... lets say for the next 30 years...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=EBlQHHaszVg
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Wvm_9aUI-bA&mode=related&search=

Offline Neubob

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My Movie Clip Website
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2006, 12:10:00 AM »
Originally posted by ChickenHawk
They are already sending people into space.  Seems like if the Chinese weren’t very mechanically sophisticated that they wouldn't even be able to get their rockets off the ground.

By that rationale, our automobile market should have been flooded with Russian cars decades ago.

When I visited China in 2003, I heard the Chinese themselves complain about how crappy their native-made autos were compared to everything they imported. They even had a Cherokee knock-off that was described, by a guy we met in Beijing, as exactly like the American Jeep, only with a life expectancy of six months.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 12:13:23 AM by Neubob »

Offline mora

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2006, 02:35:48 AM »

storch

« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2006, 07:31:35 AM »
I will not buy anything chinese.  especially not anything mechanical or any tools.  everything coming out of china is junk and reflects their lack of respect to the end user.  there is no such thing as pride in their design or workmanship this is clearly demonstrated in all they produce.  if in the farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrr distant future they wisen up and do what the Japanese did I would reconsider my opinion.  I doubt I will ever have to eat these words though.

Offline Rolex

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2006, 08:53:36 AM »
It's very likely that your keyboard, mouse, monitor and most, if not all, of the electrical parts on the pcb's of your PC were made in China. Perhaps the entire unit was assembled there.

There are variances in quality in China as everywhere. You can source bad stuff and good stuff. The US distributor and/or retailer has purchased and sold the bad (cheap) stuff to you, so your opinion is understandable. They could have purchased the good stuff if they wanted to, and your opinion might not be the same.

But, cars are a different and it will be a tough road for Chinese car manufacturers to set up the service and dealership requirements to make a dent in the US market.

storch

« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2006, 09:13:48 AM »
I kinda of doubt my computer was made in china it was made right here in Miami, I couldn't respond to the components within the computer but I suspect not.  my keyboard was assembled in thailand, my CH joystick/throttle/rudder pedals say made in USA.  the stinking mouse was indeed made in china and it sucks.  while it has become impossible to completely boycott chinese goods here but one can mitigate by careful selection and conscious decision making.

but there is hope for china, we have American pop culture on our side, yes they will succumb to our influnece yet.  them and their little dogs too.

Offline Neubob

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My Movie Clip Website
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2006, 09:17:12 AM »
Originally posted by Rolex
It's very likely that your keyboard, mouse, monitor and most, if not all, of the electrical parts on the pcb's of your PC were made in China. Perhaps the entire unit was assembled there.

There are variances in quality in China as everywhere. You can source bad stuff and good stuff. The US distributor and/or retailer has purchased and sold the bad (cheap) stuff to you, so your opinion is understandable. They could have purchased the good stuff if they wanted to, and your opinion might not be the same.

But, cars are a different and it will be a tough road for Chinese car manufacturers to set up the service and dealership requirements to make a dent in the US market.

Most of the crap we use is assembled somewhere else--much of it in places you wouldn't even want to visit. It's not the assembly process that's in question here, it's the design and developement. Anyone can do a decent job of assembling. The Chinese, as proven by the crash test, may well have a problem in designing objects of superior quality. Following the schematics provided by a client and coming up with them yourself are two very different things.

Offline ASTAC

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2006, 11:49:10 AM »
Originally posted by storch
where oh where has the Yugo gone? :aok

They stopped importing them when Yugoslavia started having all the trouble with bits declaring independence all over the place.
That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2006, 12:20:10 PM »
Originally posted by storch
where oh where has the Yugo gone? :aok

The Yugo was piece of crap compilation of cheap Italian parts screwed together by a bunch of lazy drunken Serbians - not a fine pedigree by nay standard.

The chines cars at first will be utter crap, but the chinese will aggresively improve them and will earn some share of the low end market in the next decades nad move up from that.

Japanese did that beggining in the 60s or 70s.

The koreans came on in the 80-90s...

The chiese will soon be doing it...

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2006, 12:29:07 PM »
China has demonstrated its flexibility towards investment when targetting new markets. The amount of investment used to rival the European high quality clothing market, for instance, is phenomenal. 'Made in China' is increasingly becoming an indicator of quality.

I can see them doing the same with automotive manufacture. It's just a matter of time.
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.