Author Topic: "Ah, ah would not want to we-un...  (Read 492 times)

Offline Kieren

• Zinc Member
"Ah, ah would not want to we-un...
« on: November 14, 2000, 06:16:00 AM »
...the presidency of the United States because of a few miscounted, or uncounted votes, and I'm sure Governor Bush wouldn't either."

Tragically, the camera panned away before the Gore aide ran up, tugged the vice-president on the sleeve and said "Uh, sir, that is EXACTLY what we are trying to do!"

Offline Cobra

• Nickel Member
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2000, 06:26:00 AM »
Better yet Kieren....once Gore found out that Broward County is not going to do the manual re-count afterall, he is going to court to challenge that decision....funny..it was a democratic county with a democratic election canvassing board that made that decision.

Hmmmm....I guess its sue until you get the election.

Cobra

Offline CavemanJ

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2000, 07:26:00 AM »
I got a kick out of that too Cobra.  What I read said thier sample recount only found 4 votes for Gore, and they decided it wouldna be worth the trouble.

Then Gore's campain sues them.  It's hilarious  

Offline Cobra

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2000, 07:35:00 AM »
Rgr that Cave.

How ironic that Gore is going to court to challenge :the will of the people" in Broward County.

And not to mention the unbelievable character slander that Christopher is doing to the FLA. Sec. of State.  If anything, she has been consistent about here stance and the law.  She said, even the night of the election, that all votes have to be handed in by today at 5:00 pm.  She said this even before all of this hand count nonsense.  And yet Gore's stormtroopers go after her.  

IMO, she is the only one who is being consistent in this whole mess.

Offline Gunthr

• Gold Member
      • http://www.dot.squat
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2000, 07:51:00 AM »
I voted in Broward County and I SALUTE the testicular fortitude of it's election officials.

I don't think Gore's people care about maintaining even a pretense of honor and dignity at this stage of the game. It's Gore's lust for power that will not be denied. Apparently all that matters to this party is that they win. At any cost. They figure they can put a spin on it later. Just win at any cost now, and feed the people some crap later, to salvage their image.

It's dispicable.

"When I speak I put on a mask. When I act, I am forced to take it off."  - Helvetius 18th Century

Offline Cabby

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2000, 08:07:00 AM »
Gunthr:

The Clinton/Gore Administration has used these tactics since 1992.  Are you surprised at anything these creeps do??

The Liberal-Leftist Democrats and their thugs rival the Fascist Brownshirts and the Bolsheviks in their sheer audacity and  contempt for the intelligence of the "masses".  They are the very definition of "cynicism".

And to think i and my family were once long-time Roosevelt-Democrats.  

Cabby
Six: "Come on Cabbyshack, let's get some!"

Offline CavemanJ

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2000, 08:19:00 AM »
Yup Cobra, the Dems are really digging a whole for themselves now I think.

I was reading on msnbc.com this morning, and Christopher's statements (assuming they're not misquotes) makes it seem like Harris (FL Sec. State for those who dinnae   ) made the decision for 1700 today on her own.  He conviently forgets to mention that she's merely enforcing state laws (which the Gorons are challenging in court now).  Now all we need to make it official is Nash to come tell me I'm not worthy and that I've misread everything  

Gunthr you're on Broward county?  Do you think the will of people has been represented with the mechanical count/recount and the test sample hand counts?  Just curious for a 1st hand opinion here.

Ok Nash, I'm calling you out buddy, since you're so opinionated here.  Come dispute this if you can:

The Gorons* and the media are making it look like FL Sec of State Harris made the 5pm Tuesday decision by herself, to support Bush, and not because it's FL state law.

Then tell me the Gorons* aren't trying to hijack this election and steal it away to Nashville.

* nice contraction for the idjits running the Gore campain and continueing the fiasco in FL  

Offline Gunthr

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2000, 09:24:00 AM »
Caveman, I'm just an average-joe voter who is respectful of the election process. I assume that election officials in Broward County are doing their job and calling it like they see it in deciding that there is no reason for a hand re-re-count in Broward.

I also believe Sec. of State Harris is simply following the law. I don't think she has any discretion on the deadline issue anyway. She is bound by law.

Of course I believe that the voters have expressed their will in Broward, and I believe that one re-count should be enough. Beyond that, it's a fishing expedition. Its no longer the voters expressing their will, its Gore expressing his will.

Cabby - I know, I know. It seems I have to keep lowering my expectations for these snakes  

"When I speak I put on a mask. When I act, I am forced to take it off."  - Helvetius 18th Century

Offline Fury

• Copper Member
      • http://n/a
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2000, 09:34:00 AM »

Originally posted by CavemanJ:
.....What I read said thier sample recount only found 4 votes for Gore, and they decided it wouldna be worth the trouble.....

And then the spin doctors went to work and actually used the word "extrapolate".  Somewhat to the effect 'If we extrapolate a 4 vote change with a 1% recount, then you are talking 400 votes for a 100% recount'.

I love it when politicians try to use statistics.

Fury

Offline CavemanJ

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2000, 09:42:00 AM »
Fury I dinnae remember reading anything about extrapolation in Broward Co, just PBC, where they're talking 1900 votes for Gore.  Dinnae think I saw mention of how many votes for Bush were found in the sample count in Broward either.  Maybe Gunthr could tell us if they have it on local news?

Gunthr thx for the insight of an "average joe" who's in one of the hotseat areas  

Offline Gunthr

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2000, 11:06:00 AM »
The hand counted sampling was from a very heavily democratic section of the county.

Out of this sampling (3 precincts) Gore originally got 3,555 votes. Bush received 133 votes.

After re-counting this sample by hand, Gore picked up 4 more votes. Bush had no change.

Apparently, common sense prevaled with election officials.  

Offline Rickenbacker

• Zinc Member
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2000, 04:02:00 PM »
Now if the courts know what they're doing, _that_ one will go straight in the trash.

------------------
        Rickenbacker (Ricken)

-ISAF-
the Independent Swedish Air Force