Author Topic: New arena format Part 2 - Use this thread, don't open duplicates  (Read 35143 times)

Offline Donzo

• Gold Member
      • http://www.bops.us
New arena format Part 2 - Use this thread, don't open duplicates
« Reply #150 on: September 14, 2006, 08:09:51 PM »
So here's what I don't understand.
From what I can see on the boards, the early war arena is full most of the time with the other two arenas being mostly empty.  So what does this provide for the influx of new players?  
It leaves them the choice of arenas filled with late war planes.  Isn't this counter productive to the thought by many of the furballers that people should "learn" something about fighting besides flying fast planes and running?  Or hiding in the horde?  Or mastering the ho?
It also leaves them disgruntled because they download the game and give it a try only to find nearly empty arenas with no fights or a concentration of vulchers...or a full arena.  Wow what fun!

I say split the difference and have just two arenas...one early war, the other the MA as it was.

Offline Domin

• Copper Member
« Reply #151 on: September 14, 2006, 08:13:16 PM »
Originally posted by goldelks
Its simple for me.........

1. Can I live with it? Yes.
2. Do  l like it?          No.
3. Is there anything we can do about it?   No.
4. Will i try and look at the positives on this change?. Yes
5. Do I think this is going to hurt larger squads in the game. YES.
6. Do i think this will settle the "hoard" problem? No.
7. Will things go back to the old way? Most likly not.

Dear HTC community,

I know old habbits die hard. I know this change came on VERY fast. I relise that it has improved game play and hurt it at the same time. I know the "loners" dont mind, while at the same time I know the large squads are upset. Please lets bear with it and at LEAST give it a week or so, before we make are final judgement. Intill then lets hope for the best, and that what ever HTC decidedes to do is in the best intrence for the community.

All
              and please lets jsut give it a chance
                   P.S. if it matters I do not like the change.

HTC will find a good medium. Just a little time. Now when they turn into CRS (ww2ol) and have the attitude it's our game we will build it how we want it and it doesn't matter what you think then we are in trouble. But HTC really does care..
« Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 08:17:13 PM by Domin »

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
« Reply #152 on: September 14, 2006, 08:19:58 PM »
LOL....keep it coming boys...

Comedy Gold!![/COLOR]

Offline Gary26

• Nickel Member
« Reply #153 on: September 14, 2006, 08:29:52 PM »
From what i see so far it dosent matter how many people like or dislike the old MA is gone. Too bad. I have talked to about 25 people (give or take a few) that have said they will cancel this game because of the change, myslef included. I have read all 17 pages of post's word for word. Although i cant give a good percentage most have been negative or atleast negative to the way it was done. Why not give us the old MA back until you guys (i.e. HTC) figure out how you will better make the transition. I would hate to quit but, i have had too many problems finding a good fight. One arena is full, the other is too lopsided and u cant fly good planes cuz of ENY or on country is ganging up on an empty arena for reset points. Why not just merge mid and late and make them another MA style arena and give the furballers the early war. It would be nice to see a response from staff on what is gonna happen, or atleast your ideas for the next week or so. I personally feel kind of snubbed by the lack of response from staff. I know HTC has heard the "dont forget who got u here" before, but we could use some input your thoughts and plans thus far. It is your lack of response that is getting some people upset. Please dont think i intend any disrespect because that is not the case. This game has made me many new friends, been my hobby for 5 years and almost cost me my marrige.(to bad my planned failed) Just need a little feed back from u so far.:aok
C.O. VMF-213 Hell Hawks

VMF4

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #154 on: September 14, 2006, 08:32:35 PM »
I think just two "main" arenas would be great.  an early- mid arena and also a mid- late arena!  Perk all 4 cannon planes and let it ride!:aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Domin

• Copper Member
« Reply #155 on: September 14, 2006, 08:33:36 PM »
Uh ok the increase of arena cap seems like a no brainer. Take away MA it's cool. But atleast let us get into the arena we want to play in. Don't say go to a different arena.. call me a "freak" but I want to play with my squad. Sorry to sound negative but trying to get in while being sent back to the desktop because it's full isn't my idea of a fun time.

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #156 on: September 14, 2006, 08:34:05 PM »
Scares me when I hear that something has grown to a certain point and its time for change.

~AoM~

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #157 on: September 14, 2006, 08:39:51 PM »
Originally posted by Gary26
I have talked to about 25 people (give or take a few) that have said they will cancel this game because of the change, myslef included.  

I can name that many who don't play because the game didn't change. 2 dozen out of 4 or 5 thousand isn't the end of the world, no matter how much you might hope.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline TexInVa

• Nickel Member
« Reply #158 on: September 14, 2006, 08:48:54 PM »
[soapbox]
There appear to be a few people who've become the voice of the Aces High subscribers. I'm glad that those chosen few can speak for the majority. It's good to know that everybody hates the changes and that they've elected you to voice their opinions.

That's bull.

I've read through both threads and I see those that hate the change use one tactic after another to try to get their way, from spouting economic ruin/ business suicide to complaining about squad trimming to flaming HTC for the plane sets to polling public opinion. And now I see that I apparently hate this change because I loose the ability to find the kind of game play I want because the MA has disappeared.

That too is bull.

What I'm reading here is 20-30 individuals throwing temper tantrums, some of whom have decided that they're going to spend their $15 on something else.

Bye.

But you won't go. Or if you do go, you'll be replaced. Either way, my game play hasn't changed.

You are a subscriber, paying for a service provided. If the service doesn't meet your expectations or you are dissatisfied, stop subscribing. I honestly doubt you're going to change anything. It's not for you to make decisions or dictate service.
[/soapbox]

I love the change. Why? Pick one reason from any one of the multitudes who like the changes. I like them all.

I think it's fantastic that I can fly my Zero or Spit-IX or TBM against other early war aircraft, get into a tangle or three and not worry about being cherry picked by some B-n-Z'n LA-7 or P-51 or N1K1 or Spit-XVI. What I thought sucked about the old arena was that to survive, I had to up the same rides. I don't like those planes.

I'm very satisfied with the new setup... :aok

Offline Swager

• Silver Member
« Reply #159 on: September 14, 2006, 08:49:29 PM »
Anybody got that Barbie fired up yet??

I got the beer!
Rock:  Ya see that Ensign, lighting the cigarette?
Powell: Yes Rock.
Rock: Well that's where I got it, he's my son.
Powell: Really Rock, well I'd like to meet him.
Rock:  No ya wouldn't.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #160 on: September 14, 2006, 08:52:39 PM »
I got one flight for my 50cents today. Tomorrow more likely to have even higher eny and no P51 to fly. The weekend will be even worse. I hope htc finds a solution soon.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Airscrew

• Platinum Member
« Reply #161 on: September 14, 2006, 09:01:30 PM »
Originally posted by Edbert
It seems most of those in favor of the new format have been here 2+ years, and most of those opposed to change are newer.
Am I the only one noticing that trend?
If you've been here any length of time you'd know that change has been constant.

Yes I have noticed that.   Some people havent been here long enough to remember when the MA cap was 200 or 250.  And I'm sure it was probably lower before I joined the game.   I suggest that those of you that dont like the change, that arent willing to experiment, that arent willing to learn new things, that arent willing to try something new, and that arent willing to find ways to compromise.   Leave my game. You're hogging up all the bandwidth with your whinning... no smiley here.

Offline Bode

• Zinc Member
« Reply #162 on: September 14, 2006, 09:08:56 PM »
All you had to do was perk the freaking LA7 and Spit 16, Hell why not just make it Allies and Axis planes against each other with 2 countrys, like is the real War, Problem I see is that you listen only to yourselfs and not to your customers. :furious :furious
« Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 09:13:32 PM by Bode »

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #163 on: September 14, 2006, 09:09:17 PM »
Originally posted by WMLute
If you have a Fw 190A-5 in Early War that was put out in  6-43

Heh.  Now you'll have the Kev factor in ALL of your arenas!

Heh heh heh.

- oldman

Offline Husky01

• Platinum Member
« Reply #164 on: September 14, 2006, 09:10:29 PM »
Grits im here for your interainment!!!! but really jsut give it time all
BearKats
9GIAP VVS RKKA