Author Topic: Am I the only one that feels this way?  (Read 2717 times)

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
No sir i dont like it
« Reply #90 on: September 15, 2006, 12:08:43 AM »
Originally posted by Grits
Hiya Rey. :)

ok, enough is enough, tell me who rey really is! hes in my squad and now i think he is someone we all know quite well.

or is he just plain rey?

so confused.
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline Amigo

• Zinc Member
No sir i dont like it
« Reply #91 on: September 15, 2006, 12:21:57 AM »
Originally posted by Yeager
I was amazed to see a prefab mission a few nights back with literally three dozen LA7s and several formations of low alt dive bombing lancs (that ended up suiciding the field).  These mega squad guys were ruining the game, turning it into a joke.

Yeah I remember reading in my WWII history books that real bombing strikes rarely had more than 6 planes in them.

:rolleyes:

Offline WilldCrd

• Gold Member
      • http://www.wildaces.org
No sir i dont like it
« Reply #92 on: September 15, 2006, 12:25:37 AM »
Originally posted by FALCONWING
Wow with staff like oldman, i wonder why the AvA sucked.

Good luck developing a personality that will attract people bud!

Hey can you get HiTech to forcefeed your next failed venture down guys throats that were actually having fun? (just not your way)

Wow nice personal attack!! yeah thats gonna help:aok

wow what moronic suggestions...

i guess all of you whiners fly during the same 2 hours??...well our squad is 24/7...shall i go ot he computer every hour to see hwere we are at any given time??

hmmmm...or maybe send hourly emails to let people know..lmao

dont sweat it gurls...as i have already said..this change favors large squads..i am actually not in favor of it because i enjoy the competition...but when BoPs make up 1/5 the population of early war I hope you dont whine too hard...you had ample warning!

oh and get ready for the problems we had with Air Warrior....20k planes and people nonengaging for long periods of time....milkrunning...flying 1/2 hour to find a fight and then the guy running into his ack...gluck deacking with your early war planes gun...long periods of time whe arenas were completely dead./QUOTE]

wow hers another !! on top of the fact that oldman, hornet and others are right, whe have or had these issues already in the old MA

hornet please "give it some time" so you can truly comprehend what those phrases mean...

other old airwarriors are around who can tell you what semi empty arenas provide as entertainment...

but no worries..you see we loved that too..we didnt know better...so most will adapt to this as well!!!

the game just went arcade on me..thats cool..i need arcade in my life too..but for those who enjoyed the tension of the strat portion...it just reverted 10 years.

I AM glad to hear "hurri dweebs" and "190 alt monkeys" terms showing up in the wonderful early war arena already...now that there is no la7 to bash...the next best non slow turnfiter insults will have to adapt to the plane set....makes me warm inside

Gotta be honest here. HT and crews decisions and what they "do" to the game are only half of the equation. Its also up to us as part of the community to make something out of this game. This is why HT has a loyal following, WE add to the game. so instead of being negative, and bashing every single friggin change how about making an effort by being proactive and getting ppl together thru emails, phone, fax whatever and getting folks to meetup in certain arena's and as a group do what ya'll enjoy to do?
so may ppl complaining and bashing the changes, attcking each other, its easier i guess than to make an effort and be a part of the process to make the game better for all instead of getting what you want and they you want it!! the ppl like this that are saying they are leaving....dont let the door hit ya....:furious
Crap now I gotta redo my cool sig.....crap!!! I cant remeber how to do it all !!!!!

Offline Hawco

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
No sir i dont like it
« Reply #93 on: September 15, 2006, 12:27:26 AM »
Originally posted by WilldCrd
its a CONSPIRACY!!!

btw skuzzt was the 3rd gunman on the grassy knoll!!

1 last thing you pay a subscription....that doesnt enttile you to a explanation of anything HTC does. its a company and this is a bussiness decision as much as it is one to improve gameplay. as a company that is privatly owned and operated they dont have to give anyone a explanation of why they do anything.
Your demanding of one isnt going to get you one. Honestly i dont know of any private company that would explane any decision they make to someone who doesnt work for them in an official capacity.

just out of curiosity, why do you think they OWE you an explanation?

You work for HT ?
I'm a partner (with 3 0thers) in 4 different private Companies that done 97M this year to date, any changes that I do, I always explain to my customers, mind you, there only such bodies as the Federal govt, Lockheed Martin and a few States here and there.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2006, 12:34:34 AM by Hawco »

Offline xbrit

• Silver Member
No sir i dont like it
« Reply #94 on: September 15, 2006, 12:29:17 AM »
Just for the record
Bat Rey isn't me  coz I'm Spartacus
With ref to the arena changes I can only speak for me and I agree everyone is entitled to an opinion, I like it so far , on wednesday night I had a fun time in EWA and tonight hard fights with good and friendly competition between rivals in MWA.
Viper I can understand what your saying about Squads and maybe some will need restructuring to work around this but please give it time before making a decision that you may possibly regret later. I'm not trying to belittle your opinion or any other person here, if you decide it isn't for you then I'm sure that is really what is best for you but maybe it will just require an open mind and possibly a more structured organisation for the present Squads.
Maybe an idea would be for the rosters for each arena to be visible from the log in screen so that you can see were you squadmates are, I don't know and I am far from the right person to be coming up with sensible ideas.
Anyway I think I will be drifting between EWA and MWA so far these have provided me with what I think "I" have been missing and now back to our regular scheduled programs.

Offline WilldCrd

• Gold Member
No sir i dont like it
« Reply #95 on: September 15, 2006, 12:34:28 AM »
Originally posted by Hawco
You work for HT ?I'm a partner (with 3 0thers) in 4 different private Companies that done 97M this year to date, any changes that I do, I always explain to my customers, mind you, there only such bodies as the Federal govt, Lockheed Martin and a few States here and there.

I can neither confirm nor deny this.

2 words for ya tho: plausible deniablity

EDIT: well since you decided to edit AFTER i posted allow me to respond.
The "customers" you listed are very different from what we have here. i know cause i used to work at lockheed for SBC and did some govt work.
Most stuff especially with the govt as a customer is contract based not always but most. since they and in tern lockheed ussually would require MUCH more info well ahead of any changes because the contracts ussually stipulate it. Also tax payers fund the govt and to a larg extent lockheed, we are like shareholders so to speak so yeah your company would have to answer to your particular customers about any sweeping changes. Its the nature of your particular customer base. Mainly because tho you are private the govt and lockheed are not and even if your not under contract Govt oversite commitees would still require it....its the nature of you customer. If you didnt they wouldnt be your customer. And im sure that it was well understood before they ever became your customer.

now HTC is all private. We are merely subscribers.
if you subscribed to Maxim and they changed something like replacing hometown hotties with articles on how to pick up really hot chicks outt your league, and you called em up DEMANDING to know why, do you really think they were obligatoed to tell you?
What if its a sekrit reason? having to do a special project they they didnt want the competition to know about yet? ya know proprietory? kinda like HT's source code? Or maybe they changed it to guage by what works and what doesnt by how many are sold at newsstands ?
Fact is its a corporate bussness decision that they dont HAVe to explain to the subscribers for reasons that arent any of our bussiness. more than likely tho HT or pyro will

I will tell ya this, THEY ARE IN BED ASLEEP!!! they question wasnt raised till well after HTC was closed!! so now ppl are bashing them with the whole "they wont answer a simple question" thing when in reality they havent even been given a chance. till 8am tomarrow morning.
What gets me is either the ppl making this goofy accusation either KNow this and are just stirring up hate and discontent or so selfish to get what THEY want they never bothered to consider it....

either way the BBs tonight has been WAY to much  fun that i havent been able to do much flying lol even with 2 puters
« Last Edit: September 15, 2006, 02:08:40 AM by WilldCrd »
Crap now I gotta redo my cool sig.....crap!!! I cant remeber how to do it all !!!!!

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
No sir i dont like it
« Reply #96 on: September 15, 2006, 12:38:14 AM »
Originally posted by Guppy35
Ya know Falconwing ....

Hell, Tiff ..... do you really expect to get this across?

Well .. guess it could happen.

Pigs can fly!

I'd just say "get over it or sumpin." ;)

Offline Sweet2th

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
No sir i dont like it
« Reply #97 on: September 15, 2006, 12:42:50 AM »
Now the La-7's have no one to HO-N-GO?

Spit 16's run out of targets?

I think it's an awesome idea, now if HTC will just turn off the kill message it will be truly fun fun fun!!!!!!!1

Offline MIShill

• Copper Member
No sir i dont like it
« Reply #98 on: September 15, 2006, 12:52:11 AM »
Go to another arena when the one you want to be in is full.....hmmmmmm.....reminds me of Air Warrior. Did I REALLY want to be in WWI planes? Limits on arena size punish large squads. Since Shillelalagh is lucky to have 3 on at the same time it won't hurt us. Now what are the LTARS going to do????????
-MI-

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
No sir i dont like it
« Reply #99 on: September 15, 2006, 01:02:54 AM »
Falcnwing, I never had any real trouble with you in the past, but now you're just acting like a complete and total *******.

Oldman doesn't make the AvA suck, but you and your ilk definitely made the MA suck. Cancel your account, tell your whiny squadmates who've also melted down to do the same, and all of you just go the hell away already.

Bat, I could tell you, but I don't think you really want to know who Rey is. ;)
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline WilldCrd

• Gold Member
No sir i dont like it
« Reply #100 on: September 15, 2006, 01:12:28 AM »
Originally posted by hubsonfire
Falcnwing, I never had any real trouble with you in the past, but now you're just acting like a complete and total *******.

Oldman doesn't make the AvA suck, but you and your ilk definitely made the MA suck. Cancel your account, tell your whiny squadmates who've also melted down to do the same, and all of you just go the hell away already.

well put hubs :aok  

Offline SFCHONDO

• Silver Member
No sir i dont like it
« Reply #101 on: September 15, 2006, 01:20:49 AM »
Originally posted by 999000
Still waiting for the real explaination!

HT did give an explanation as to why he did this in his Stickies. Did only a few of us read his original posts?
        HONDO
DENVER BRONCOS    

Retired from AH

Offline SkyChimp03

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Re: Change It Back
« Reply #102 on: September 15, 2006, 01:28:24 AM »
Originally posted by viper215
Ok its the second day of this "update to make the game better" and it is SO STUPID im sick of this haveing to go to all arenas to find my squadies...yea yea were makeing arena to arena comms thats not going to help on squad night when all 90 of my squadies granted 50 of em want to fly want to get into an arena thats full and then they cant fly with the rest of their squad....yaya fly in a different arena why not just spilit the squad in hall?

Im giveing this stupid "new ah" a week 2 at most if this is not changed I quit.

you can whine and cry all you want but nothing will change thier mind.

I love the new arenas well all but for numbers but they said they would up them 100 or so.

About your squad mates we dont need 90 hotards flying around so split up.

Offline WilldCrd

• Gold Member
No sir i dont like it
« Reply #103 on: September 15, 2006, 01:50:20 AM »
Originally posted by SFCHONDO
HT did give an explanation as to why he did this in his Stickies. Did only a few of us read his original posts?

yup, if HT and crew post anything that isnt what certain non-sticky readers want.....then they dont read, ignor it, suddenly forget what they read or most likely throw the ussual hissy fit make their demands , threaten to quite ect since it isnt what they want.....sorry got a lil dizzy writing that all down....

basicaly some didnt hear what they wanted to hear soooo we get what is going on now....pandemonium

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
No sir i dont like it
« Reply #104 on: September 15, 2006, 02:00:58 AM »
Originally posted by hubsonfire

no really, go ahead, its not like i'd care even if it was morpheus, hitech, or osama.

im curious, not that bothered.
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]