Author Topic: Turn off Kill Messages in the MA(s)  (Read 582 times)

Offline XPSteve

• Zinc Member
Turn off Kill Messages in the MA(s)
« on: September 16, 2006, 01:17:06 PM »
I'd actually prefer not to know if it was a noob or some vet who just sent me spiraling toward the ground in a ball of flames. Its not realistic(not that alot in the MA(s) is) and should also reduce the channel 200 ''your momma/HO dweeb/spit dweeb/you suck'' comments which is about all you see on 200. I like 200 but all the cut downs scroll my text so fast I miss country chat and squad chat. Granted there would still be smack talk, alot of ''who was the Lgay7 I just tooled'' or ''fly a real plane moron'' but even the guy that got shot down won't know if its the guy that just killed him, so maybe the 2 man. scroll my text for 3 pages, back and forth smack talk would be reduced. Just my thoughts.

Offline forHIM

• Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2006, 03:42:49 PM »
XPsteve,

you can personally squelch the kill messages.  From the Help section of the web site:

* Channel 2 - The country channel allows players to broadcast just to their countrymen.
    * Channel 3 - The room channel allows players to broadcast to anyone in the room.  When in flight, everyone who takes off from the same field is in the room.  When not in flight, the room is the Tower.
    * Channel 4 - The squad channel allows players to broadcast to their squad mates.
    * Channel 5 - The mission channel allows players to broadcast to other players in their mission.
    * Channel 6 - The kill messages channel.  This channel may be squelched and unsquelched.
    * Channels 100-199 - Anyone tuned to the same channel in this range and also in your country will hear you.
    * Channels 200-299 - Anyone tuned to the same channel in this range will hear you, regardless of country.
    * Channel 904 - The CM channel is used by Campaign Managers in the Special Events arena.
    * Private channels are tuned using the GameID.

The colored text in the radio buffer corresponds to the channels as follows:

* Channel 1 is gray text.
    * Channel 2 is green text.
    * Channel 3 is purple text.
    * Channel 4 is red text.
    * Channel 5 is dark gray text.
    * Channels 100 to 199 are yellow text.
    * Channels 200 to 299 are yellow text.
    * Channel 904 is turquoise text.
    * Private channels are white text.
    * Blue text is the god mode channel, used only by HTC.

So just do a  "/.squelch 6" should get rid of the kill messages on your FE and allow the squad / country / 200 items to stay on your buffer longer.

Offline XPSteve

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2006, 04:31:20 PM »
A couple things. Will channel 6 squelch ''forHIM shot you down'' or ''forHIM landed 5 victories in a 190-D9'' or both and I wasn't refering to the kill messages scrolling the text as much as the resulting text on 200 from someone seeing that vulched them 5 times or HO's. Then on 200 comes a page of back and forth for 5 minutes.

Offline simshell

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2006, 10:41:46 PM »
although its often fun to see who you killed

turning it off would surely help in reducing abuse cases HTC's and the players have to deal with

because some person felt that getting killed in a Video game warrents insults and abuse
known as Arctic in the main

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2006, 06:09:40 AM »
I think I can speak for many of us flying for 10+ years....We have friends on every country, and want to know who we faught.  No thanks.

Offline Hades55

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2006, 06:28:52 AM »
Simshell

I believe the opposite. The old AH1 system was better.

Report the kill as it happens,  Him has kill Him 6 ,
where number is the kill number in this flight, landing or not.

This will help Many Chickens ,who now run for home, to stay
and fight because you have Glory for your kills landing or not.

Who cares for rank when all see who are you and what big hero you are ? :)

Points must be given for every kill landed or not.

Just add 50% more points if someone land the kills if someone want and needs
even the last point.

LIke this you will have again the big furballs of the past.

Every one will fight until he die. Running will stop.

A guy before said for text flood problems who indeed exist.

The solution is a second two line window Only for kills who can be dissapeared if you dont want it.
And even better make it open in a 6-8 line window to watch the kills,
if someone want to.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2006, 06:37:10 AM by Hades55 »

Offline Sweet2th

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2006, 10:14:15 AM »
he is right, when it's turned off the shyt talking disappears and it seems like more of a game with the kill messages turned off.I have them turned off in my H2H room and have way more fun with it off than with it on.

Offline 332nd outlaw

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2006, 05:37:22 PM »
arguments for either way can be made and in the end it is more presonel prefernce then anything but the only sure way to not have to listen to the trash talk on 200 is not to tune too it in the first place.

but my prefernce is like murdrs as i too have found others that fly other countries that i like to fight and it is nice to know when a fight with one had just taken place.

and sorry i prefer not to have my text bar filled up every time someone kills someone else.

Offline Sweet2th

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2006, 07:20:11 PM »
i too have found others that fly other countries that i like to fight and it is nice to know when a fight with one had just taken place.

Seems kinda babysealish to me and the i am better than you at internet games crap is way old.Turning the kill messages off keeps it what it is , a game.In real war time they didn't always know who was who and in what plane and this game is suppose to be modeled after WW2 aircraft and simulate dogfighting . It just makes the game way more fun.

To each his own though.