Author Topic: So 3 arenas arent working great  (Read 2149 times)

Offline scottydawg

• Silver Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
So 3 arenas arent working great
« Reply #60 on: October 20, 2006, 01:01:56 PM »
Originally posted by straffo
It's allways interresting to discuss with a wall... except a wall is usefull when you're just a tool.

Gee, a request for helpful comments degenerating into a flame war.  Didn't see that one coming.
:rolleyes:

Offline tedrbr

• Silver Member
« Reply #61 on: October 20, 2006, 02:23:41 PM »
You'd really have to take a look at the server population records and the numbers of people that log into the online game, but log out when they see LW is full, or EW and MW are nearly empty.  Not sure what all HT servers track.

Population is key to finding a good fight.

Maybe the Early War and Mid War arenas should be rotated for a while.  I like both --- I prefer mid-war --- but I'll still findmyself in LW when EW and MW have almost no one online.  

Rotate them once a week on Weds like the old MA maps?  So, one week you have EW available, one week you have MW available?  See what happens with population numbers then.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #62 on: October 20, 2006, 03:05:18 PM »
Originally posted by tedrbr

Population is key to finding a good fight.

I would like to play on EW and MW, but during my workday playtime at 9-11 pm GMT+2 they are almost empty. Logging into a game with 5  to 10 players a country fighting for some 75 fields isn't something I'd call a massive multiplayer game! For that size of maps even the 100 person LW arenas are underpopulated. Think of it: Each player has his own base :rolleyes:

And compared to those numbers, what if our co-operating squads community with about 30 to 50 players would be online all at the same time? I suppose there aren't many squads that big, if any. Having some organized action with that size of a group would certainly raise some whining...
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #63 on: October 21, 2006, 09:25:16 AM »
so straffo... you were happy that the old ma gave people who like early war planes the choice of either flying them at a huge disadvantage or simply switching to late war planes that they don't like or... leaving?

I would say that you now have all the same basic choices except on a more fair basis...you can hope to get into an arena where you can still fly late war planes aginst anyone dumb enough to up in an early war plane (if you can get on to that arena)  or...you can fly planes you don't like in the two other arenas but still maintain some advantage by picking the best of those.... or... you can leave.

No matter what... you have a lot more choice than the early war aficianados had in your olf MA paradise.

lazs
Public Relations Officer for the BK's

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #64 on: October 21, 2006, 09:53:09 AM »
Yet another twisty interpretation.

Where did I wrote I was happy with the previous  situation ?

All I say is it was their choice.

But with the current setup.

It not my choice the fly in EW/MW.

Offline shiningpathb4me

• Copper Member
Re: So 3 arenas arent working great
« Reply #65 on: October 21, 2006, 02:11:51 PM »

What ideas can we suggest that would meet the goals of increasing community and player retention?

And keep it civil.... [/B]

It's hard to think of an intelligent response to a question that refers to the "community".  What community? I think alot of you thought you had a "community", and have now discovered that it was an abstract philosophical concept more nebulous than "God".

AH2 is nothing more than a sophisticated Fighter Ace. There is no goal, no objective, and no squads (unless you had a full 32 man unit to start with- now you still have enough to actually go take a base if you know what you're doing)

I already have a family and a community, thank God. I didn't subscribe because I had unfulfilled need other than playing a cool game. The game is gone.