Author Topic: So 3 arenas arent working great  (Read 2151 times)

Offline DadRabit

• Nickel Member
So 3 arenas arent working great
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2006, 11:54:20 AM »
S! max

agreed

S!
David (Daddy Rabbit) Jester
S! 68KO
S! A8WB
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. Ronald Reagan

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2006, 11:57:50 AM »
Originally posted by DadRabit
S! slap

1.  i never said that was a statement.  sarcastic applys here.

2.  being a "mouthpiece" for all is not my intent sir. i am expressing my belief as to where i see the faults of the game in its present state.

3. as far as embracing, i fail to see the upside in dividing the community.

4.  we agree on this.  new maps r my biggest complaint.

my 2 cents

S!

DR ... the community was already greatly divided before the change ... most fail to realize or acknowledge that .

The change has now allowed (people like me) to enjoy what I like the most and that is the fights that are offered in the EW and MW arenas and not have to deal with the MA style gameplay ... for the most part.

my 2 cents (were close to a nickel now)

<>
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline DadRabit

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2006, 12:02:00 PM »
:rofl
David (Daddy Rabbit) Jester
S! 68KO
S! A8WB
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. Ronald Reagan

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2006, 12:02:10 PM »
I hope they don't raise the cap.... MW and EW have alot going for them it's just that many go to LW when they can't find a fight in the other arenas. They are not in LW because they want to be, but because they are forced there by low numbers.

Yes I like both EW and MW..... hope to see more in these arenas soon.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
Re: Re: So 3 arenas arent working great
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2006, 12:41:19 PM »
Originally posted by indy007
Without direct access to HTC's own numbers, how do you know that the goals have *not* been met?

oops. Typo made the orignal unclear. Here's what I meant...

Originally posted by Simaril
The LW has turned into a
[edit]MA[/edit] clone, packed into smaller arenas. Frustration with arena caps, and the failure of LW2 to develop as a second but equal arena, have seen the max numbers in LW1 climb up to essentially middling MA ranges.

So, for the majority of AH players, for the majority of the day, the primary arena will remain "sick" by HTCs measurement criteria...since nothing has changed.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2006, 12:44:25 PM by Simaril »
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline indy007

• Gold Member
Re: Re: Re: So 3 arenas arent working great
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2006, 01:09:22 PM »
Originally posted by Simaril
oops. Typo made the orignal unclear. Here's what I meant...

Right on then. I'll bow out.

I avoid late war like the plague unless there are absolutely no fights to be found (or started) in EW or MW. Then, I just find whatever side is on the receiving end of an attack and up into it with a ki84.

Ultimately though, the problem stems from the players and the sheep mentality. That takes time for behavioral modification to get the end results. Changing number caps I just don't see as being able to do that.

Offline DaPup

• Copper Member
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2006, 01:09:37 PM »
I think they are working fine but that the limited numbers in EW and MW make those arenas a little less fun than the LW for me personally. The community seems to have gotten over the changes with the exception of a few.

If having the 3 arenas brings back some of the older players and gets the fun back into the game for others then they are a success!

If you don't like the EW and MW and don't fly there then you should suck it up and say nothing derogatory about them and vice versa about the LW.

The changes gave us more of an offering and I can't see how that can be anything but positive.

Offline rogerdee

• Gold Member
      • http://rogerdee.co.uk
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2006, 01:23:23 PM »
i dont like how the game has changed because of the low numbers in ea and mw when i am useualy on,so for the moment i am limiting my time doing some skining and trying to make a map for the ew arena.

one thing  my squad has done and i think other squads could try it to rotate arenas.Our squad nights are friday sataday and sunday  so due to time zonees and work ect we have a good chance of meeting up.

now we change arenas each night and are learning new ways to attack and fly ect and capture.

we were in early war and found a cv on the doorstep,the town was almost dead  and no one was defending so we upped  a squadron of ju88 and went for a torpedo attack.

15 ju88 in head on attacks the cv didnt stand a chance and it was fun.

that night we had some good fights with the rooks and all below 5k.

i agree the maps suck i sent  a email in asking if we could do some changes to the maps we make like  grass fields for early war  and some other changes like barracks and ammo but have had a reply yet.

i think with different maps with fields set up different  hangers  guns barracks small changes   but still a difference  the learning experience starts again and the fun comes back
490th battling bulldogs
www.rogerdee.co.uk

it does what it says on the tin

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2006, 03:45:24 PM »
Gotta say though...with the LW like it is now, with fewer of the truly sharp pilots,  it feels more like harvesting than fighting. There are certainly days when thats a good thing!
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2006, 04:28:01 PM »
Originally posted by SlapShot
DR ... the community was already greatly divided before the change ... most fail to realize or acknowledge that .

The change has now allowed (people like me) to enjoy what I like the most and that is the fights that are offered in the EW and MW arenas and not have to deal with the MA style gameplay ... for the most part.

my 2 cents (were close to a nickel now)

<>

In the past :

I payed , I played
you payed , you played

currently

I pay , I can't play
you pay , you play

See the difference ?

I've zero interrest in EW or MW as they are when I can log.

Offline FBplmmr

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2006, 05:41:21 PM »
if LW had a bigger cap .. MW and EW would be perfect!!:cool:

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2006, 06:07:02 PM »
EW= fighter town #1

MW=fighter town #2

LW=old MA with lower numbers.

Offline uberhun

• Nickel Member
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2006, 07:16:37 PM »
ahh...they work just fine. I up a plane, I fly, and I die. No big change.
I think this was done partly for combat tour. Seperating the planes into time periods. Then again WTF do I know ($.02):huh

Offline Killjoy2

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.nortonfamily.net
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2006, 07:31:37 PM »
It seems like far fewer people are playing.  Even the MA (errr LWA) doesn't have enough for a GV fight by 11pm California time.

The EW and MW are dead much earlier.  

I suggest the answer is to include EW and MW in the Main as EW Fighter Town and MW Fighter Town.  

While your at it lets have a Allied vs Axis town.  

We have the big maps with plenty of options already.  It's just a matter of limiting which planes can get up where.  If we still need to reset, exclude the Fighter Towns just like we do V-bases.

Offline CAV

• Nickel Member
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2006, 08:00:35 PM »
If I was King for the day...

This is how I would fix the arena set-up.

1) The MA stays the same as it is now, all planes enabled.

2)EW & MW becomes ETO & PTO arenas. With rollin planes set from early war to late war, with maps to match the plane sets.

3) Add a "Fightertown" for guys who are just looking for a fast furball type fight.

Yes... AH2 would look alot like AW from the "Good old days" of Air combat flight sims. I still miss that game sometimes.

CAVALRY
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG301