Author Topic: Entering arena when full  (Read 565 times)

Offline scottydawg

• Silver Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
Entering arena when full
« on: September 13, 2006, 07:36:01 PM »
When you try to enter an arena that is at its limit (as the EWA was a moment ago 250/250), you get a 'host connection lost' message and dump to desktop.

That's a bug, right?

Offline HB555

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
Entering arena when full
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2006, 11:19:00 PM »
Nope, not a bug to loose connection to host when an arena is full.
That is as it has been, so I am just guessing here that you have never tried to enter a full aren prior to this.
Sometimes it will even do it with a few less than the full number, due to guys who have entered between the time the numbers were sent to your computer and the time you ring the doorbell, and, conversely, the reverse is true. Occasionally, you can click a full arena and it well let you in because someone has left in the same time frame as described above.
Snoopy Bell

HB555 A gentleman, with a school boys heart, and crazy enough to think he is a cartoon dog.

Offline scottydawg

• Silver Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
Entering arena when full
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2006, 05:57:06 AM »
Seems like a rather ungraceful way to handle a full arena... should just give a 'full' message and then back to the arena list, perhaps with the full arena greyed out for 5 seconds to prevent hammering.

Offline Flatbar

• Nickel Member
Entering arena when full
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2006, 04:22:52 PM »
For those of us who try to keep their computers in top shape for gaming this is a real problem.

I use FSAutoStart to launch AH. FSAS does many things but one of the last things it does is to defrag your RAM. A boot to desktop like this defeats that feature and a total reboot is necessarey to get back to that optimal performance setting.

I'm hoping that this can get fixed since I don't see HTC upping the most popular arena caps until those who dislike the current settup become vocal and active on the BB's enough to force a change.

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
Entering arena when full
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2006, 02:21:24 AM »
Well said Flatbar.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline NOT

• Nickel Member
Entering arena when full
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2006, 06:48:24 AM »
suggestion- dont try to enter a full arena.:rolleyes:

AKNOT

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
Entering arena when full
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2006, 07:20:57 AM »
Yeah would be nice to jut get a "arena full" message instead of das boot. Maybe it can be included in an update:D
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
Entering arena when full
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2006, 07:35:58 AM »
I think Skuzzy explained once that the dump to desktop ensures that theres no loose strings still open after a failed attempt at logging in/disco.
21 is only half the truth.