Author Topic: Windows Vista RC1  (Read 302 times)

Offline OrionV

• Zinc Member
Windows Vista RC1
« on: September 21, 2006, 06:02:23 PM »
Skuzzy,

Any known issues with Microsoft Vista RC1.  About to order copy thru MSDN, but don't want to install, if AH has issues.

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
Windows Vista RC1
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2006, 06:44:50 PM »
dont install it on your main gaming pc ... unless you use a seperate hard drive

And I mean Seperate ... all on its own with your other hd's disconnected

Prepare for a 2-4 hr OS install ... some drivers are availiable but not all of them depends on what hardware you have.

it needs at least a 10 gb harddrive for the install (I used a 15 gig)
as for a gaming OS its still junk and uses too much memory at an idle .

RC1 does play ah2 but it currently locks up for no reason . theres still a stupid (as i call it ) "Thinking Stall " in it . you open a file /program/mp3/movie ect it will sit and think for 5 mins befor it figures out its ok to play/open it .

add a second hard drive with your stored goodies on it for a quick install and this "Thinking stall" gets 1000x's worse .

so yes it plays ah2 and alot of the other games but the performance isnt there .

P,s. the hackers are having a heyday with it too ...
« Last Edit: September 21, 2006, 06:47:22 PM by Roscoroo »
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline OrionV

• Zinc Member
Windows Vista
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2006, 04:20:08 PM »
thx, may hold off a bit.........................o r create 2nd boot drive.

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
Windows Vista RC1
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2006, 05:05:59 PM »
dont marry it or you'll be formating bolth partitions /drives ... use a seperate drive ... ive been thru that mistake 2 times now.
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline Irwink!

• Nickel Member
      • http://msn.com
Windows Vista RC1
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2006, 09:19:22 AM »
I downloaded and installed Vista RC1 on a spare box a few days ago. I am NOT impressed at all. It is a major resoure hog and in my opinion a step backward for MS. The best thing I can say at this point is that it looks pretty. I wouldn't dream of trying AH on it unless your hardware is cutting edge. I installed it solely because at some point I'm going to have to deal with it in the work environment, although I can't see business users flocking to migrate anytime soon. There was alot of grumbling about XP when it rolled out five years ago. While XP had a lot of problems when first released it was still clearly superior to 98 and ME. I don't view Vista in the same light.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Windows Vista RC1
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2006, 09:30:58 AM »
I won't even concider upgrading to vista till it IS an upgrade !  LOL!