Author Topic: Fight  (Read 381 times)

Offline Rocket

• Nickel Member
Fight
« on: September 25, 2006, 10:29:49 PM »
Hey all!

I have a film for anyone to look at and tell me what you think.

I fought oldman in teh AvA arena.

He was flying C202 and I had spitV. My fuel was 50% with a 1:1 burn rate in there.  Intial merge was ~5k +/-.  I had a blast with the fight and I only used the .303s.  He almost caught me when he chopped the fuel.  The only thing that helped me out here was I had just fought a C202 in the MW with my f4u-1.  In that one I got kill also and had been at one point flying 2 notches of flaps and gear down.  Unfortunately my lead and targeting sux bad.  

Anyway this was a fun fight and hit me hard with the critiques so I can get the rust off :)

http://home.att.net/~bgrindle/rocketvoldman.zip

You can hammer me here, PM, email or call me if ya got the # :D

I just wish I had filmed the Hog-1 vs C202 in the earlier fight cause it was a stall horn banging fight.  

Anyways..
Salute!
Rocket

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
Fight
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2006, 11:35:11 PM »
looks like a white knuckle fight there :)

welcome back, im a noob compared to you i geuss, only been here a few years. never the less i would offer a couple of things to improove:

1: views, seemed you lost track a few times maybe need to knock the rust off that bit?

2: er...... nah think ya pretty much nailed the rest of it.

if you want to go to TA or DA for a few practice fights sometime just shout me here or in game. i auger for DA evrey time. could be fun.

great vid, good fight.

S!

batfink
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline Rocket

• Nickel Member
Fight
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2006, 08:49:38 AM »
Bat I'll take ya up on the DA time :)

Yeah lost him a couple of times.. I like that the new film viewer you can set it to see what the person was looking at during the fight.  My SA needs some work and keeping the bad guy in front does too.  I hit him near the end right before he crashed and I wonder if that helped win or if he just finally stalled it.  We were both pretty close there.  I don't see my lead like I used to and hope that comes back.  

The other thing I gotta work on.. not jumping in when I know I can't win but I never could got over that before :lol :lol :lol :lol

btw my endurance is off.. I was abit worn out after that one!

S!
Thanks for the input!

Rocket

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Re: Fight
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2006, 01:55:45 PM »
Originally posted by Rocket
hit me hard with the critiques  

You make your airplane squirm around too much.

You fly much too low.  It makes it hard for the other guy to stay out of the water.

Your change your course all the time, you would find that your fights don't last so long if you flew straight and level a bit more.

- oldman (great great fight, hope to see you more in AvA)