Author Topic: aceshigh error HELP!  (Read 1089 times)

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
aceshigh error HELP!
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2006, 04:01:51 AM »
Originally posted by Docc
Ok...same problem.  Can be playing fine with no problems for 10 minutes to an hour.....then an error message (sometimes) "AH has encountered an error...." and a black screen and computer shuts down and reboots.  Any ideas??

If your computer SHUTS DOWN on its own, id do two things first.

Check your temperatures and voltages - might be running hot.

Hunt for spyware/malware.
21 is only half the truth.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
aceshigh error HELP!
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2006, 09:53:27 AM »
Ya, it sounds like you have a fan not running. The game is pretty hard on a vedio card, so as it makes your card work harder, it makes more heat. If they get too hot, they will shut down your system. Normal use of a computer....word processing, browsing the internet and such won't push the video card so you won't get the shut downs.

Take the side cover off your computer and check the fans. Most have 3... 1 on the CPU, 1 in the power supply, and one on the video card. Dust will build up on the cooling fins and in the fans and rob them of cooling. Too clean them, shut down your computer and use a "Blast can" to blow out the crud. Small cans of compressed air can be found at RadioShack. Also a CLEAN, NEW paint brush can be used to brush things out too, just be gentle with it.

If after cleaning it out the fan doesn't restart with the computer it will have to be replaced. Aftermarket fans are avalible for most situations.

Good luck

Offline OrionV

• Zinc Member
docc
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2006, 06:45:35 PM »
u have no memory docc.  ur hard drives are running overtime. after all the baggage u lucky to have 100 mb's sys ram in the game.

Offline CapnMike

• Zinc Member
Getting lockups in game
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2006, 02:10:42 PM »
I have been experiencing screen lockups and fatal errors during online play for a couple of months now. I ran DxDiag and nothing seems to be out of order, I'll paste it below.

MOST of the time, it will occur when I am talking on vox or someone else is transmitting, but not always. It does not seem to make a difference if my screen is filled with eye candy or not - the last two times I was in the middle of a large body of water with no land in sight.

I will be flying along and suddenly everything freezes (last sounds continue to repeat) for about 20 or more seconds, then I will warp back (if I am in buffs, drones sometimes are shooting out ahead of me, etc.) and then I hold my breath to see if it will do it again. Usually I get a second, fatal screen freeze that mirrors the first, but this time at the end of the freeze the sounds stop, but the screen is still frozen. Sometimes my Windows mouse pointer will come into view when I move it, sometimes not. I had to learn the keystrokes for rebooting from the "Aces High has encountered an error and will not run" message. I always send an error report to MS, then reboot. Re-launching AH results in instant error message.

My netstatus and pings are usually very good. I always shutdown everything else before playing, so no AV, etc. is running, just the basics of XP after running EndItAll and Task Manager to shut down the garbage.

It is to the point that I get one or more dumps EVERY time I fly now. It is usually the reason I end up logging off.

Here is my DxDiag report:

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 10/13/2006, 12:38:33
       Machine name: HOME
   Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519)
           Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Dell Computer Corporation
       System Model: Dimension 8100              
               BIOS: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 XP2
          Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 1800MHz
             Memory: 512MB RAM
          Page File: 340MB used, 909MB available
        Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
    DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
     DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicode

------------
DxDiag Notes
------------
  DirectX Files Tab: No problems found.
      Display Tab 1: No problems found. DirectDraw test results: All tests were successful. Direct3D 7 test results: All tests were successful. Direct3D 8 test results: All tests were successful. Direct3D 9 test results: All tests were successful.
        Sound Tab 1: The file tbcwdm.sys is not digitally signed, which means that it has not been tested by Microsoft's Windows Hardware Quality Labs (WHQL).  You may be able to get a WHQL logo'd driver from the hardware manufacturer. DirectSound test results: All tests were successful.
          Music Tab: No problems found.
          Input Tab: No problems found.
        Network Tab: The registry information for the DirectPlay application 'FlightSimulator' is missing or damaged.  You should reinstall that application.

--------------------
DirectX Debug Levels
--------------------
Direct3D:    0/4 (n/a)
DirectDraw:  0/4 (retail)
DirectInput: 0/5 (n/a)
DirectMusic: 0/5 (n/a)
DirectPlay:  0/9 (retail)
DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)
DirectShow:  0/6 (retail)

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
        Card name: NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4600
     Manufacturer: NVIDIA
        Chip type: GeForce4 Ti 4600
         DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
       Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0250&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_A2
   Display Memory: 128.0 MB
     Current Mode: 1280 x 1024 (32 bit) (60Hz)
          Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor
  Monitor Max Res: 1600,1200
      Driver Name: nv4_disp.dll
   Driver Version: 6.14.0010.7189 (English)
      DDI Version: 9 (or higher)
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
 Driver Date/Size: 4/1/2005 16:16:00, 3980288 bytes
      WHQL Logo'd: Yes
  WHQL Date Stamp: n/a
              VDD: n/a
         Mini VDD: nv4_mini.sys
    Mini VDD Date: 4/1/2005 16:16:00, 3454656 bytes
Device Identifier: {D7B71E3E-4110-11CF-A57F-0A2003C2CB35}
        Vendor ID: 0x10DE
        Device ID: 0x0250
        SubSys ID: 0x00000000
      Revision ID: 0x00A2
      Revision ID: 0x00A2
      Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_A ModeMPEG2_B ModeMPEG2_C ModeMPEG2_D
 Deinterlace Caps: {212DC722-3235-44A4-BD29-E1652BBCC71C}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,2) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
                   {212DC723-3235-44A4-BD29-E1652BBCC71C}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_MedianFilteri ng
                   {335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalSt retch
                   {212DC722-3235-44A4-BD29-E1652BBCC71C}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,2) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
                   {212DC723-3235-44A4-BD29-E1652BBCC71C}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_MedianFilteri ng
                   {335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalSt retch
         Registry: OK
     DDraw Status: Enabled
       D3D Status: Enabled
       AGP Status: Enabled
DDraw Test Result: All tests were successful.
 D3D7 Test Result: All tests were successful.
 D3D8 Test Result: All tests were successful.
 D3D9 Test Result: All tests were successful.

-------------
Sound Devices
-------------
            Description: Santa Cruz(tm)
 Default Sound Playback: Yes
 Default Voice Playback: Yes
            Hardware ID: TURTLE_BEACH\SANTA_CRUZ_WDM_INTERFACE
        Manufacturer ID: 1
             Product ID: 100
                   Type: WDM
            Driver Name: tbcwdm.sys
         Driver Version: 5.12.0001.4193 (English)
      Driver Attributes: Final Retail
            WHQL Logo'd: No
          Date and Size: 6/23/2003 12:15:14, 554304 bytes
            Other Files:
        Driver Provider: Voyetra Turtle Beach
         HW Accel Level: Full
              Cap Flags: 0xF5F
    Min/Max Sample Rate: 8000, 48000
Static/Strm HW Mix Bufs: 96, 95
 Static/Strm HW 3D Bufs: 96, 95
              HW Memory: 0
       Voice Management: Yes
 EAX(tm) 2.0 Listen/Src: Yes, Yes
   I3DL2(tm) Listen/Src: Yes, Yes
Sensaura(tm) ZoomFX(tm): Yes
               Registry: OK
      Sound Test Result: All tests were successful.
HARR!
CapnMike

Offline OrionV

• Zinc Member
Freeze ups
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2006, 04:27:20 PM »
Capn Mike have u ever updated ur sound card.  Ur configuration is similiar to my old Dell and it has the same sound card.  I also had the same problem with freezes.  Been a couple of years so memory is foggy but think i went to Santa Cruz web site and downloaded a newer driver. I also played around with the configuration some. Got it to work fine after that.  Hope that helps.:)

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
aceshigh error HELP!
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2006, 04:32:11 PM »
Also, you really need to install the 61.77 version of the NVidia drivers.  The driver you are using will cause problems with your video card.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Docc

• Copper Member
aceshigh error HELP!
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2006, 07:44:41 PM »
Thanks for the help guys.  In my case I had 2 problems.  I had 2 different brands of memory simms installed....took one out and reduced the memory to 512M and the game had no more memory errors but did have lower frame rates.  Heat was the second problem.  By taking the side panel off and having a desk fan blow onto the processor and video card the temperature stabilized and was much cooler.  No problems now.

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
aceshigh error HELP!
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2006, 05:42:50 AM »
CapnMike, also turn down sound hardware accelleration to standard.

Docc, glad it worked out :).
21 is only half the truth.

Offline mustard

• Zinc Member
aceshigh error HELP!
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2006, 10:36:59 AM »
thank you guys for posting this. its been happening to me lately as well.yesterday everything was fine. but last nite i logged on and it happened 7 or 8 times in a row. nothing was changed at all. it has been a frustrating couple of weeks. i dont know anything about computers so i guess im gonna have to hire someone to go through it.

Offline CapnMike

• Zinc Member
aceshigh error HELP!
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2006, 02:03:02 PM »
Originally posted by Skuzzy
Also, you really need to install the 61.77 version of the NVidia drivers.  The driver you are using will cause problems with your video card.

Well, I didn't have time before my Squad Night to do a defrag or anything, but I tried rolling back the drivers to the 61.77 and that seemed to help. I flew for about 5.5 hours and didn't get a single screen freeze, but I am getting some small "stutters" during gameplay. I'll run a defrag and see if that helps.

Why is it that the newer drivers would cause these problems? Are there drivers newer than the 61.77 that still work well with AH?
HARR!
CapnMike

Offline MajWoody

• Gold Member
aceshigh error HELP!
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2006, 05:31:11 PM »
I too got the ah has encountered a problem & needs to shut down error. I haven't changed any settings. I never had any errors before but yesterday I got that one.
Lets keep the stupid to a minimum.
Old Age and Treachery, will overcome youth and skill EVERYTIME

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
aceshigh error HELP!
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2006, 06:34:17 AM »
CapnMike, NVidia and ATI optimize drivers for the currently released video cards.  Sometimes this induces problems with older cards.  In almost all cases, there is usually an older driver, for older video cards which will simply work better than newer drivers which are optimized for a different architecture.

All NVidia video cards, older than the 6000 series should be using the 61.77 drivers for the best and most stable performance.

All ATI 9000 series video cards work best with the Catalyst 4.12 drivers with the ATI Control Panel, not the Catalyst Control Center.

Anytime you get the Windows crash error, it is normally associated with either sound or video card drivers.  Not always, but 99 percent of the time it is.  People who allow the Windows auto-updater to run are in for a lot of stability issues due to vide and sound card driver updates.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com