Author Topic: The best part of the game is now history  (Read 3055 times)

storch

The best part of the game is now history
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2006, 02:38:39 AM »
See Rule #4, #5
« Last Edit: September 29, 2006, 10:45:18 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2006, 02:55:46 AM »
xNOVAx, I'm in the same boat. I have'nt flown with a squadmate in a week. I hate the thought of pulling the plug on my account, but as it is now, the game isn't worth the price of admission to me.:( :( :(
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Flatbar

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2006, 03:07:58 AM »
See Rules #2, #4
« Last Edit: September 29, 2006, 10:45:55 AM by Skuzzy »

storch

« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2006, 03:17:20 AM »
See Rule #2
« Last Edit: September 29, 2006, 10:46:13 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline gatt

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2006, 04:02:54 AM »
Originally posted by Bruv119
EW and MW  always have plenty of room  maybe take your squads  in there  and you can all be together again nice and happy.

The more people who complain about not getting into the LW arena is stupid.  

You guys loved the old MA and now you refuse to try the new offerings.

If your squaddies are happily playing in LW and you cant get in how about the CO of whatever squad decides to try something different.

Remember that some players like me dont have anymore fun in any arena, not only LW. I dont give a damn of what arena I play in, EW-MW-LW. I used to fly the 205, so at least two arenas should be good for me. Problem is: the fun is apparently gone, gone with numbers (in Euro time) and squad mates.
"And one of the finest aircraft I ever flew was the Macchi C.205. Oh, beautiful. And here you had the perfect combination of italian styling and german engineering .... it really was a delight to fly ... and we did tests on it and were most impressed." - Captain Eric Brown

storch

« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2006, 04:24:41 AM »
I just logged off it's 0522 here making it mid morning GMT.  there are 80+ players on in LW which is similar to what it was prior to the change.  there is apparently plenty of room for squad play as well.  I fail to see the problem, especially for the europlayers.

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2006, 04:58:02 AM »
If your squaddies really want to fly together, they can meet in the same arena as the squad channel works fron an arena to another...when I log in I say "hi" on squad, and if pple are responding me from another arena we just agree on an arena to play on....I don't really understand what the problem is, maybe your squad just doesn't really want to stick together
now posting as SirNuke

Offline gatt

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2006, 05:03:36 AM »
Usually, during my euro time playing (some free week-ends and some evenings at 08-11pm, GMT+1) the Main was up to 300-400 players. About squaddies, I meant I now find less of them playing. BTW, like I said, we'll see and judge.
"And one of the finest aircraft I ever flew was the Macchi C.205. Oh, beautiful. And here you had the perfect combination of italian styling and german engineering .... it really was a delight to fly ... and we did tests on it and were most impressed." - Captain Eric Brown

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2006, 05:39:53 AM »
storch the only problem with euro times are that there arent enough players to go around  lol

thats why we been talking about getting people out of LW and into EW, MW  or finding ways to improve the gameplay for us.
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
Re: The best part of the game is now history
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2006, 06:25:23 AM »
Originally posted by xNOVAx

I used to fly almost every night for a mission or two with my squaddies, but I havent even logged an hour since the change.  

If this statement is true , you have'nt given it much of a chance, have you?

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2006, 06:37:28 AM »
*blinks repeatedly*

I must have missread this... did we just get an offer to play with frau storch? (quicly calls ticketing office)

:O :D

Saw (le lover)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2006, 06:39:32 AM by Saintaw »
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline Hammy

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.leedsstarafc.co.uk
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2006, 07:02:23 AM »
Deleted
« Last Edit: September 29, 2006, 10:42:22 AM by hitech »

Offline jtdragon

• Copper Member
time off
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2006, 07:26:43 AM »
After almost 4 years for playing a game that I enjoyed I have decided to take sometime away from it, As it is set up now I've lost desire to play, not all but alot of my friend that played during the day time have left, not all quit, but not playing, I'm not closing my acount yet but will wait awhile and see what happens. To everyone that I played with over the years HAVE FUN.
I'm think that they are setting the game up for the people who only play a couple of hours a week and will be making it so that newbies will be able get right into the game. This is a hard game to learn quick and a lot that try the free two week's do not stay because of that so I think we will be seeing more changes to help them.
SFC John Brown, US Army (Retired)

Dusted off my old battlegorund 2 Gettysbury and will see If I can get a major win for the north (someone shoot me). Can defeat the north every time.

Offline xNOVAx

• Silver Member
Re: Re: The best part of the game is now history
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2006, 07:40:37 AM »
Originally posted by Shifty
If this statement is true , you have'nt given it much of a chance, have you?

Thats flight time.. I've logged on plenty hoping to see some squaddies to fly with at no avail..

I then proceed to log off and go do something else.

This game to me is more about the people, and less about the actual game.

NOVA - Army of Muppets - Inactive

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." -Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2006, 08:05:49 AM »
Originally posted by Noir
If your squaddies really want to fly together, they can meet in the same arena as the squad channel works fron an arena to another...when I log in I say "hi" on squad, and if pple are responding me from another arena we just agree on an arena to play on....I don't really understand what the problem is, maybe your squad just doesn't really want to stick together

Agreed.

I have to admit that these posts mystify me.

If your enjoyment of this game stems from your ability to travel with your crowd....then why don't you keep doing that?  There is nothing preventing you from staying together.  It may mean that you can't fly your favorite plane when you're together, or that you have to fly for another country when you're together, or that you must fly in a different time period from the one you're used to.  But you can still fly together.

If the complaint is that you want to fly with your squad, BUT you also insist on flying your favorite plane, and/or that you just aren't happy unless your radar is filled with red and green dots....well, square your shoulders and try to be brave.  It's your interaction with your squad that really counts, isn't it?

I mean, isn't it?

- oldman