Author Topic: Why does it take a SEX scandal to bring down a politician?  (Read 1373 times)

Offline Recap

• Zinc Member
Why does it take a SEX scandal to bring down a politician?
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2006, 05:50:55 PM »
Originally posted by Mace2004
It's funny how, when you have no legitimate counter argument, you go for gratuitous personal and sarcastic attacks.

Exactly what kind of argument where you looking for in regards to your confessed partisanship?  Ok here you go, anyone that is so blindly partisan and doesn't look at each individual situation on a a case by case basis is wrong.  There you go.  Knock yourself out.

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2006, 05:52:46 PM »
Dems cant beat the Republcians on any of the issues.  Debate them?  On what stances of their own?

So sure, let's just use a sex scandal to paint everyone near the guy as bad and hope it sticks.

Clearly the Dems arent too savvy....that stone tossing in the glass house is gonna get em.

Offline Mace2004

• Silver Member
      • TrackIR 4.0
« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2006, 05:55:01 PM »
Originally posted by Recap
Well those sound like some extremes to me.  Personally, I thought,

We left Afghanistan too soon.  

Never thought of Bush creating a Nazi nation.  That one is just weird.

Thought Bush went to Iraq because there was an overall feeling that his Dad didn't finish the job when he had the chance and felt a desire to finish the job.

The war is about oil. As well as about a 1000 other things.

If he knew about 9/11, even being dumb as a stump, he'd done something I think.

Personally, can't stand this administration or the Democrats.  I'm probably one of the millions of people who feel like they have noone to represent their ideas.   It's called noone is right all the time.  It's called compromise. It's called the middle. Right now there are only extremes.

Well, this is a point that we agree on.  Right now, there are two very distant extremes.  I certainly also agree that there are points that should be discussed and debated.  There are things that, in retrospect, probably should have been done differently but we need to recognize that this is true in every single war.  Everything cannot be boiled down to malicious intent by the Republicans.  

The problem as I see it, and in my own personal opinion, is that the Democrat Party has gone off it's rocker and will say and do anything, regardless of the cost to the country, to defeat Bush.  What they fail to realize is Bush is done and it doesn't make sense to continue to let Bush hatred drive their politics.  

The US needs two strong and moderately sane if imperfect political parties.  Despite the fact I'm a conservative, I do not like some of the things the Republican Party has done; however, the current state of the Democrat Party really disturbs me.  I'm not kidding or poking fun when I say the Party is politically "insane" because I think it really is and that's not good for the Nation.
Mace
Golden Gryphon Guild Mercenary Force G3-MF

Offline Recap

• Zinc Member
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2006, 05:59:00 PM »
Well, this is a point that we agree on.  Right now, there are two very distant extremes.  I certainly also agree that there are points that should be discussed and debated.  There are things that, in retrospect, probably should have been done differently but we need to recognize that this is true in every single war.  Everything cannot be boiled down to malicious intent by the Republicans.  

The problem as I see it, and in my own personal opinion, is that the Democrat Party has gone off it's rocker and will say and do anything, regardless of the cost to the country, to defeat Bush.  What they fail to realize is Bush is done and it doesn't make sense to continue to let Bush hatred drive their politics.  

The US needs two strong and moderately sane if imperfect political parties.  Despite the fact I'm a conservative, I do not like some of the things the Republican Party has done; however, the current state of the Democrat Party really disturbs me.  I'm not kidding or poking fun when I say the Party is politically "insane" because I think it really is and that's not good for the Nation.

To be honest, I have no idea what the Democrats stand for.  It basically seems to be everyone who can't find a spot in the Republican party I guess.  Kind of the leftovers.  Ahh well, good talking to you all.  Really.  Gotta go for a bit, but will be back later.  Glad we could agree on something.

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2006, 06:10:46 PM »
Originally posted by Recap

We left Afghanistan too soon.  

ahh, the USA and NATO are still in afghanistan.  And they are kicking butt.

Offline tikky

• Copper Member
« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2006, 08:46:46 PM »
Originally posted by john9001
ahh, the USA and NATO are still in afghanistan.  And they are kicking butt.

This line sounds like it came from GOEBBELS or BAGHDAD BOB.  Talibs and Al-Qaeda in Afghanistan went silent for 3 years and now they are on a rampage! You idiots created a 2 side war...

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2006, 11:14:21 PM »
Originally posted by tikky
This line sounds like it came from GOEBBELS or BAGHDAD BOB.  Talibs and Al-Qaeda in Afghanistan went silent for 3 years and now they are on a rampage! You idiots created a 2 side war...

They run across the mountainous border of Pakistan and set off suicide bombs---I'd hardly call that a 2 side war....and what do you think they SHOULD have done?
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Mace2004

• Silver Member
      • TrackIR 4.0
« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2006, 12:19:52 AM »
Originally posted by tikky

Oh yeah, we started a two-front war just like Hitler did.  Yeah...Bush is just like Hitler...yeah..that's the ticket.  

Where are you at tikky?  Europe?  Seen the immigration figures for Muslims there?  How about the Muslim population of UK or Canada?  How about that great idea to allow Sharia law in Muslim enclaves in the UK?  Riden a train in Spain lately or visited a nightclub in Bali?  Seen a lot of level-headed Muslims refusing to burn cars in France?  How about the intellectual Muslims that think murder and mayhem is the appropriate response to a freakin' cartoon?  Maybe there are bunches of upset Muslims running around protesting against the murder of Van Gough?  No?  Maybe they're not protesting that because they're out protesting the murder of a Catholic Nun because someone didn't like something the Pope said?  

You really think this is ONLY a 2 front war?  It's only "2 sided" if you've got your blinders on.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2006, 12:24:40 AM by Mace2004 »
Mace
Golden Gryphon Guild Mercenary Force G3-MF

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2006, 01:10:05 AM »
The pay is too good?

hap

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2006, 04:01:54 AM »
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: October 07, 2006, 09:14:50 AM »
Looks more like a list Midnight but I don't think I'd call Kennedy a murderer.  He probably would have gotten off with manslaughter.  Byrd may or may not still be a racist but could you see a Republican surviving more than a few days after having been found out to have been a member of the KKK?

Here's one who hung on pretty long...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strom_Thurmond

I wanna tell you, ladies and gentlemen, that there's not enough troops in the army to force the Southern people to break down segregation and admit the nigra race into our theaters, into our swimming pools, into our homes, and into our churches.

Point being... making a selective list does not constitute a trend.

Offline lukster

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: October 07, 2006, 09:22:12 AM »
I'll see your racist politician and raise you one still in office.

Robert Byrd

"Byrd commented on the 1945 controversy raging over the idea of racially integrating the military. In his book When Jim Crow Met John Bull[6], Graham Smith referred to a letter written that year by Byrd, when he was 28 years old, to segregationist Senator Theodore Bilbo of Mississippi, in which Byrd vowed never to fight:
"with a Negro by my side. Rather I should die a thousand times, and see Old Glory trampled in the dirt never to rise again, than to see this beloved land of ours become degraded by race mongrels, a throwback to the blackest specimen from the wilds."[7]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Byrd

I see you guys already went here. Obviously I didn't finish reading the whole thread.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2006, 09:28:55 AM by lukster »

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: October 07, 2006, 10:05:05 AM »
I'll see your repetition and raise you one redundancy...

:D

Offline Debonair

• Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: October 14, 2006, 02:29:20 PM »
W0W, it sems that yesterday Jerry Studds dies while 69ing some dude:O :O :O :O

i saw it in teh newpaper "Gerry Studds Dead at 69", but i'm afraid to link it
:confused: :confused: :noid :noid :huh :lol

Offline parker00

• Copper Member
      • http://www.68thlightninglancers.com/joomla/index.php
« Reply #44 on: October 14, 2006, 02:54:29 PM »
Originally posted by Captain Virgil Hilts
^^^^^ :rofl :rofl :rofl

Talk about reaching. I think we can safely say the Republicans dumped Foley. No one is saying they shouldn't have. What's funny is that the Democrats are throwing a hissy fit and bringing this up at election time, and then there are clowns like you who are spewing a bunch of crap about it, trying to make it bigger than it is.

Bigger than it is? :lol  Do you have a son? Would it be a big deal if a old man was sending him messages like Foley did? To me this just shows a small insite into what this guy has done or could do in the future. You are just as sick as he is if you don't see this as an issue!!!