Author Topic: Why does it take a SEX scandal to bring down a politician?  (Read 1375 times)

Offline parker00

• Copper Member
      • http://www.68thlightninglancers.com/joomla/index.php
Why does it take a SEX scandal to bring down a politician?
« Reply #45 on: October 14, 2006, 03:02:07 PM »
Originally posted by Recap

Personally, can't stand this administration or the Democrats.  I'm probably one of the millions of people who feel like they have noone to represent their ideas.   It's called noone is right all the time.  It's called compromise. It's called the middle. Right now there are only extremes.

:aok

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: October 14, 2006, 04:33:20 PM »
Originally posted by Hawco
Republicans do what they are good at, first they have mass denial sessions, then they blame the other side and then the victims, They done it in Katrina remember? so called rapes etc at the superdome  stopped them from getting aid in and such.....

This type of statement still to this day blows me away.

I'm sure there were SOME victims in the wake of Katrina....But to me...most of those that claimed to be "Victims" were FRKIN DUMB ENOUGH TO STAY AFTER REPEATED WARNINGS.

They were'nt victims...they were idiots. They were people looking to see what they could get for being stupid.

Victims my a**
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: October 14, 2006, 04:53:59 PM »
Beautiful wonderful irony....

Yes Fox actually said Foley was a Dem... LOL

Offline lukster

• Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: October 14, 2006, 05:41:16 PM »
Not so beautiful hypocrisy.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: October 15, 2006, 08:22:44 AM »
If you know DC you know this isnt even a scandal. Page sex is not new nor a shock to most on the hill. The publicizing this is an Oct surprise in an attempt to sway the election. period.

ps

term limits would fix this too ..
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Gunthr

• Gold Member
      • http://www.dot.squat
« Reply #50 on: October 15, 2006, 10:24:53 AM »
what with the fizzling out of the "sex scandal" - maybe even some backlash - and the successful UN censure of North Korea and that pot belly pig who was shamefully honored by Clinton's sec of state, and the failure of Air America, I think ole MT is like a dog that has been hit by a car - laying by the side of the road gnashing his teeth and snapping at anyone who comes near...  ;)
"When I speak I put on a mask. When I act, I am forced to take it off."  - Helvetius 18th Century

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: October 15, 2006, 10:28:32 AM »
Who you calling "ole"!!??

Offline Gunthr

• Gold Member
      • http://www.dot.squat
« Reply #52 on: October 15, 2006, 11:47:15 AM »
with 13000 + posts, I think its safe to say you've been around a while  :)
"When I speak I put on a mask. When I act, I am forced to take it off."  - Helvetius 18th Century

Offline x0847Marine

• Silver Member
« Reply #53 on: October 15, 2006, 01:19:42 PM »
It takes a scandal because people are too lame to vote the drunks out of office. Even when they are exposed as do nothing crooks & pervs, the team rallies to pass the buck and cloud the issue.. polishing that **** to a spit shine.

Folks blindly pick and support their  "team" rather than being independent thinkers.

Offline lukster

• Gold Member
« Reply #54 on: October 15, 2006, 01:31:16 PM »
"Independent thinkers" are the ones that put Bill Clinton in office. More like not thinking imo.

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: October 16, 2006, 07:55:13 PM »
This is why sex scandals don't bring down Dems:

Former Republican Congressman Mark Foley resigned in disgrace after revelations of his lewd computer messages to a former house page became public — and has been universally disavowed by the GOP.

But a Democratic congressman who actually had a homosexual affair with an underage House page and remained an honored figure within the party right up until his death Saturday is being praised as a "pioneer" for gay rights.

Former Massachusetts Congressman Gerry Studds was censured for his actions by the House in 1983 — but he never apologized — in fact defended the relationship — and was re-elected six times.
Congressman Barney Frank said Studds gave people "the courage to be who they are."
Ted Kennedy said Studds “changed Massachusetts forever and we'll never forget him."
And Congressman William Delahunt said "even now, his legacy is alive and well in the halls of Congress.".

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,221417,00.html
(And THIS guy actually boinked a minor)
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #56 on: October 17, 2006, 07:31:22 AM »

Offline BigGun

• Silver Member
« Reply #57 on: October 17, 2006, 11:22:22 AM »
Originally posted by Mace2004
Perfect example of the power of a sex scandal being completely relevant to your political party.  1984, two sex scandals with young pages.  One guy was a Republican, second was a Democrat.  Both actually had sex vice sending IM's or e-mail as Foley did.  

Did they even have email or IMs back in 1984? I thought Gore invented internet long after that.

Offline x0847Marine

• Silver Member
« Reply #58 on: October 17, 2006, 12:23:42 PM »
Originally posted by lukster
"Independent thinkers" are the ones that put Bill Clinton in office. More like not thinking imo.

He was a democlone (and trailer trash), bought and paid for by the team via massive corporate donations.  

Independents are growing.  44 percent of those aged 18 - 29 ID themselves as Independents, but the clones have the election boards infested with hack loyalists, in 1 case they conspired to illegally kept an Independent off the ballots to protect their grip on power. A federal judge chastised them publicly and forced them to include another opinion in the mix.

True American values right there huh? using their power to censor those they think are a threat...its the democrat / republican way. We are people fed up with politics as usual and want to end BS like this, which scares the clones to death..

http://www.independentnation.org/rise_of_independents.htm

"..The growing independence of voters, after all, has been proven by the votes in every Presidential election since my childhood—and the tendency, frankly, is on the increase."
—Franklin D. Roosevelt, 1940

"..self-identified moderates rising from a bare plurality of 36 percent in 1980 to 50 percent in 1998 and 2000.."

"..only 14 percent of the electorate said they always supported the candidates of a single party."

Offline x0847Marine

• Silver Member
« Reply #59 on: October 17, 2006, 12:37:07 PM »
Originally posted by bj229r
(And THIS guy actually boinked a minor)

And his clone teammates marched in lockstep to protect him, like good party robots.

Just like Hastert with "Fat fingers" Foley, with the stench of corruption all around Foley, Hastert smells nothing but roses. Where the is smoke, there is fire.. unless you're a urine soaked clone surrounded by attack parrots.