Author Topic: Problems with CH hats and throttle  (Read 1037 times)

Kivi

Problems with CH hats and throttle
« on: April 11, 2000, 10:42:00 AM »
I just downloaded the latest AH and I am having problems with my joystick setup. I am usin CH F-16 Combatstick, Pro Throttle and Throttle. Everyting works very well in that other simulator, but in I am experiencing two problems in AH:

First, hat 1 does not work at all anymore. I have configured hat 2 as buttons 7-10 and they work ok. I had similar configuration for the other hat but turning the hat does not do anything. Looks like AH does not even register them anymore.

Second problem is with the throttle and AH: I have configured one in the throttle button as a shift button. When I push it down, AH it sends "stick set 2" keystroke and when I release it I get back to stick set 1. This enables me to have a really confusing controller and it works very well in the other simulator. However, AH does not seem to register these.

Any ideas? My SA suffers a lot when I cant use the other hat to look in diagonal directions.  

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Problems with CH hats and throttle
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2000, 10:03:00 AM »
First off, make sure you have a dedicated  game card for CH stuff.
then make sure you map your Fighterstick with the appropritate template with the CH KEYS program.  I don't do ANYTHING with Aces High key map controls, I  do it all in the macro file of CH KEYS.

Then, I calibrate within windows (4-axis-3 button), I then use WINCENTER in the CH directory, 3 times , then I calibrate within the Aces High game itself.

No problems here.

------------------
Ripsnort(-rip1-)
=CO=II/JG2~Richthofen~
JG2 Communications Officer
Aces High Training Corps
JG2 "Richthofen"

Turning Spitfires into Bud Lite cans since 1992

[This message has been edited by Ripsnort (edited 04-12-2000).]