Author Topic: FSO: 1942 Invasion Burma - Event Issues  (Read 257 times)

Offline ghostdancer

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
FSO: 1942 Invasion Burma - Event Issues
« on: October 15, 2006, 09:15:13 AM »
Gentlemen,

In every frame you learn things and things don't go exactly as you plan or figure they will. There were several issues in this frame.

[list=1]
  • We did test air bases to see which you could actually launch from (as you know by my email and posts about what are good airfields). However, we made the incorrect assumption that all bases that you spawned to hangars at were air bases since that is what they were indicated to be on the clip board map.

We were unable to get out of the hangars and assumed that the base was still an airfield but that their was a bug with the hangars.

Wrong assumption on our part. We couldn't get out of the hangar because it was a vehicle base.

So disregard the clip board map. The following bases are the only airfields and the only places which can rearm and refuel you:

Allies
A1
A4
A10
A11

Japanese
A2
A5
C13 (if used to simulate an airfield)
C40 (if used to simulate an airfield)

This issue, wrong assumption caught me by suprise as well and I apologize for not doing an air fly over of the bases to double check the nature of the bases.

• With only a few active bases in the Rangoon terrain, the large distances between bases and targets, and the fact that we are using early war planes I will be revising the fuel burn rate down from 1.5 to 1.3 or 1.2 (still doing some testing to see which is the better revised rate) . There were definite fuel issues involved since you pilots on both sides could not rearm and refuel at front line bases but had to travel back the full way to their launch bases.
  • We had a much lower turnout than I expected. I selected targets and dispersed them geographically based on a turnout out of 206 (min combined turnout based on committement levels is 173 for this event, and max is 238 ... 206 is the difference between the two). Three squads were under their min -2 levels (11 players less than what should have been) but still we had low numbers for the frame.

The net affect of this was forces very stretched across the north, center, and south and the early war planes made it very difficult to switch southern forces to the north for both sides.

I will be tightening up the target areas so that if we have a low turnout again that it will be possible for squads deployed to less active front to be redeployed to a more active front so that they can see some combat action.
[/list]

Sides were evenly matched so no squads need to switched to another side to balance things. Plus, 2nd life rule worked effectively and their was no imbalances caused by it.
X.O. 29th TFT, "We Move Mountains"
CM Terrain Team