Author Topic: Cardinal Nation  (Read 2266 times)

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
Cardinal Nation
« Reply #45 on: October 21, 2006, 06:35:29 PM »
Bullchit Choocha. Pujols is all dedication, focus, determination, and skill. There's not an unnatural or banned substance that goes into that man's body. And he lights up top starters.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
Cardinal Nation
« Reply #46 on: October 21, 2006, 10:00:59 PM »
Cardinals win Game 1           7-2 :)
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline nirvana

• Platinum Member
Cardinal Nation
« Reply #47 on: October 21, 2006, 10:23:07 PM »
Choocha, did you see that steroid fueled home run Pujols pounded out of Comerica?:D
Who are you to wave your finger?

Offline Frodo

• Platinum Member
Cardinal Nation
« Reply #48 on: October 21, 2006, 11:43:14 PM »
Originally posted by nirvana
Choocha, did you see that steroid fueled home run Pujols pounded out of Comerica?:D
:rofl :lol

Obvious choochoo knows little about baseball, and less about the Cards.

105 mph fastball. :noid

Frodo

JG11 

TEAMWORK IS ESSENTIAL....IT GIVES THE ENEMY SOMEONE ELSE TO SHOOT AT.

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
Cardinal Nation
« Reply #49 on: October 22, 2006, 12:55:26 AM »
And even LESS about the 'roids. Those things AREN'T skill in a syringe. Give Adam Dunn a Bonds-esque dose of the juice and he'll STILL strike out 200 times a season. The difference is that when he connects the ball will travel about a mile further.

Although Choocha was right about one thing, tonight's game DID expose Pujols: As the most dangerous hitter in baseball. Then again, it's not exactly a news-stopping exposé as the ENTIRE FRIGGEN WORLD has known about it the past five years but him.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline nirvana

• Platinum Member
Cardinal Nation
« Reply #50 on: October 22, 2006, 01:02:33 PM »
Yeah but now they are going to walk him more often, Saxman.  Not that there aren't other big hitters in the line up after him.  Even Randolph said that they should have been pitching to him.  Oh well, game 2 tonight:aok

Offline WhiteHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Cardinal Nation
« Reply #51 on: October 22, 2006, 01:10:50 PM »
I cant believe the cardinal pitchers.  Man i suffered through Isringhousen for 2 seasons now.   Who the heck are these guys??  Tyler Johnson and Adam wainright.   wow.Gotta love the underdogs.

Offline Choocha

• Copper Member
Cardinal Nation
« Reply #52 on: October 22, 2006, 04:18:57 PM »
The time off has really hurt the Tigers.  Verlander, who routinely hits 100 mph, was throwing 85 mph- I couldn't believe it, I thought the gun was off.  By the 4th, he was up in the low 90's.  He served up a mid 80's fastie to the Meat Head and got rocked.

Look for Jeff Weaver (aka Dream Weaver) to be very emotional tonight, he grew up in the Tigers organization and was the ace of the staff until they sht canned him cause they thought he had head problems...something about pot, booz and sexual escapades on board the Tigers jet.

I hope for the Cards sake that the team chemist comes up big.  After all, this is the organization who featured a 6'5" roid monster- complete with acne, hair loss and other signs of roid abuse and packaged him as baseball's great hope.

To bad they can't test for HGH or other designer meds, if they could- Meat Head would be back on the Island where he came from.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2006, 04:21:01 PM by Choocha »

Offline WhiteHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Cardinal Nation
« Reply #53 on: October 22, 2006, 05:22:07 PM »
Originally posted by Choocha
The time off has really hurt the Tigers.  Verlander, who routinely hits 100 mph, was throwing 85 mph- I couldn't believe it, I thought the gun was off.  By the 4th, he was up in the low 90's.  He served up a mid 80's fastie to the Meat Head and got rocked.

Look for Jeff Weaver (aka Dream Weaver) to be very emotional tonight, he grew up in the Tigers organization and was the ace of the staff until they sht canned him cause they thought he had head problems...something about pot, booz and sexual escapades on board the Tigers jet.

I hope for the Cards sake that the team chemist comes up big.  After all, this is the organization who featured a 6'5" roid monster- complete with acne, hair loss and other signs of roid abuse and packaged him as baseball's great hope.

To bad they can't test for HGH or other designer meds, if they could- Meat Head would be back on the Island where he came from.

Well, as Big Mac says, he didnt break any MLB rules while he was playing.  He may have violated alot of federal state and local laws regarding the use of steroids, but perfectly legal in MLB.  If fact,  you cant  find a MLB team who hasnt had a juicer on it in the 90's.   So grasp at the past if it makes you secure, but the rules are the same for everybody.

Offline nirvana

• Platinum Member
Cardinal Nation
« Reply #54 on: October 22, 2006, 05:34:24 PM »
It's easy to point fingers at others before yourself, or your team in this case.  Don't kid yourself that the Tigers are perfect and don't use steroids.  We'll just watch what happens tonight.

Offline Choocha

• Copper Member
Cardinal Nation
« Reply #55 on: October 22, 2006, 06:30:37 PM »
Tigers play small ball.  There is nobody that hits HR's like mad.

Offline Choocha

• Copper Member
Cardinal Nation
« Reply #56 on: October 22, 2006, 10:27:35 PM »
Kenny Rodgers (aka "The Gambler") was dealing it....pine tar and all ..LOL.

I swear I saw Meathead shooting up between innings.

And of course..he was a no show.

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
Cardinal Nation
« Reply #57 on: October 22, 2006, 10:30:36 PM »
I wasnt shooting it up between innings
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
Cardinal Nation
« Reply #58 on: October 22, 2006, 10:54:57 PM »
Take off the rose-colored glasses, Choocha. That was FAR narrower a victory than you seem to think. The second run in the first was largely benefit of a lazy popup that blooped into no-man's land. There were quite a few well-hit balls off Rodgers that just didn't find a hole. Pujols nearly tied that game early with just another foot of elevation, and Detroit nearly blew the 9th.

Tonight was Detroit's best shot at winning out of games 2-4. Now they have to deal with the reigning Cy Young and the NLCS MVP in a hostile environment. And if Reyes pitches game 5 even HALF as well as he did game 1 Detroit will be leaving St. Louis black and blue, an possibly empty-handed.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Cardinal Nation
« Reply #59 on: October 22, 2006, 11:10:16 PM »
Originally posted by Saxman
Take off the rose-colored glasses, Choocha. That was FAR narrower a victory than you seem to think. The second run in the first was largely benefit of a lazy popup that blooped into no-man's land. There were quite a few well-hit balls off Rodgers that just didn't find a hole. Pujols nearly tied that game early with just another foot of elevation, and Detroit nearly blew the 9th.

Tonight was Detroit's best shot at winning out of games 2-4. Now they have to deal with the reigning Cy Young and the NLCS MVP in a hostile environment. And if Reyes pitches game 5 even HALF as well as he did game 1 Detroit will be leaving St. Louis black and blue, an possibly empty-handed.

Yawn.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC