Author Topic: Joystick Mapping  (Read 787 times)

Offline Gandolf

• Zinc Member
Joystick Mapping
« on: August 23, 2001, 05:02:00 PM »
Does anyone have the mapping layout for a Sidewinder Force Feedback PRO I can't figure out how to get it mapped to the right stuff.  :confused:

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
Joystick Mapping
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2001, 05:37:00 PM »
Its all about preference Gandolf.  I use a SW PPro 1 non-ff but I'll give u the breakdown on how i have mine mapped.

Hat switch - views
Hat switch + A button - up45 views
Button 3 - wep
button 4 - zoom
Button B - auto angle
Button C - flaps up
Button D - flaps down
Button 10(shift button) cycle secondary weapons
Button 0(trigger)- secondary weapons (like cannon on trigger)
Button 1 - primary weapon(MG's)

SKurj

Offline Zapata

• Zinc Member
Joystick Mapping
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2001, 01:53:00 AM »
SKurj,

Could you explain how you get 45 degree up views using the A button with the hat button?  I have a MS FFB Pro, but can't get the key mapper to accept two-button actions for one function, like you described.  It would be great to look to the side or side and up, my choice, without having to use the number pad as a second "hat switch".  Thanks.

Zap

Offline Rocket

• Nickel Member
Joystick Mapping
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2001, 02:20:00 AM »
map button A to be keypad5  that is straight up. Then you will get up angles in combination with the hat  ;)

I have a MS Precision Pro 2 USB and like my old sidewinder I don't use the software from MS to map the stick.  I do everything with the in game config.  It is much more flexible that way.  IE. There are 4 configs possible with the in game mapper on mine config one has the hat for views and config 2 has the hat for trim.  With a punch of a key I can swap configs in game and trim out and 1 button and back to view mode for the ole hat.
  You could even go as far as config 1 for fighters. Config 2 for bombers. Config 3 for vehicles and Config 4 for boats.

S!
Rocket

Offline Zapata

• Zinc Member
Joystick Mapping
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2001, 02:39:00 AM »
Excellent!  Thanks for the tip Rocket, feels like I've had blinders removed.

Zap

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
Joystick Mapping
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2001, 12:53:00 PM »
ERMMM I do it differently!! I do not use the MS profiler at all.
I just map my "up view" to the A Button, then when i press it and move hat i get the 45 up views.
OHH I did map the hat in AH as well

SKurj