Author Topic: Host Change Thurs 10/19  (Read 6101 times)

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
Host Change Thurs 10/19
« Reply #45 on: October 19, 2006, 08:30:42 PM »
Originally posted by Waffle BAS
Thank god they're not taking away the all-you-can-eat-buffet - I'd leave for sure!
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline MIShill

• Copper Member
Host Change Thurs 10/19
« Reply #46 on: October 19, 2006, 08:35:29 PM »
I don't much care about arena size as long as there is some semblance of #s balance. A "horde" can be 5 v 1 or 30 v 5 at any location. I must say, as an inveterate Rook, I have totally been on defense when in LWA#1 since the change. Rooks must have lost 90% of the resets, so dynamic redirects may prove interesting.

-MI-

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Inc. Aces High
Host Change Thurs 10/19
« Reply #47 on: October 19, 2006, 08:38:23 PM »
Originally posted by hubsonfire
Originally posted by Waffle BAS
Thank god they're not taking away the all-you-can-eat-buffet - I'd leave for sure!

yup - you got me there - I'm 5'2" and weight 320...but I can still kick your arse. :D

Offline Husky01

• Platinum Member
Host Change Thurs 10/19
« Reply #48 on: October 19, 2006, 08:38:42 PM »
All

Hitech I just have one question.  In your add for Aces High and the home page of the website. It says somthin around the lines of Form a squarden fly with your freind ext.  Now my idea of a squad is a group of guys that choose to fly toghter and want to fly toghter to have fun. But from my understanding It seems that you are limmiting squads to flying toghter. Now instead of waiting to get into LW1 to fly toghter we get kicked into the LW2 with no say about it. Now i know all the guys at HTC is trying to imporve the game. But one of the games big draws "plusses" was being able to fly with your friends and your squadies. Now Im not complaining only asking you What would you do if you were in a squad and wanted to fly with guys but you couldnt do it. Hitech Im not asking that you change the format of the arenas but modify it that if 75% of my squad is late war 1 let all the other squadies sign into late war 1 if 65% are in Latware 2 let them sign into late war 2. What do you all think of that idea? May consider it but in the end its your game.
BearKats
9GIAP VVS RKKA

Offline reeb

• Copper Member
Host Change Thurs 10/19
« Reply #49 on: October 19, 2006, 08:54:57 PM »
funny thing about the herd thing....LW1 had 90+ bish 70+knit and 40rook...it dont seem to be helping that herd thing.
Just my 1/2 a penny and thankyou for shoping S Mart

Offline HawkFive

• Zinc Member
What HT wants?
« Reply #50 on: October 19, 2006, 09:03:15 PM »
HT says "I want this or I want that". What about what we (the customers) want.Many people have said they do not like what you have done (limiting numbers and making smaller arenas) but you do not seem to listen.It should have been clear to you that when you upped the cap in late war and a large majority of players concentrated there that was what most wanted(a larger arena size) but you guys seem determined to do what the customer base does not want.

Some say it is HT's game and he can do what he wants.Ford tried that with the Edsel.It is ultimately the customer who has to be pleased if one is to remain in business.

I still want to play the game,I get on every day but I do not like small numbers and limited fights.Why not have arena with 500 and those who want smaller ones can migrate to the other two?

Thanks for a good game,I just hope you get back to larger arenas.

Offline jtdragon

• Copper Member
spawn points
« Reply #51 on: October 19, 2006, 09:15:52 PM »
Only problem I see with this map now is the vehicle spawn points are to far from the bases, most are a 20/30 minute drive, afew are closer but most aren't. This map could have  good GV play if the drive wasn't so long,
A pilot shot down is back in the fight in 5 minutes.:confused:
JT

Offline Donzo

• Gold Member
      • http://www.bops.us
Re: spawn points
« Reply #52 on: October 19, 2006, 09:22:56 PM »
Originally posted by jtdragon
Only problem I see with this map now is the vehicle spawn points are to far from the bases, most are a 20/30 minute drive, afew are closer but most aren't. This map could have  good GV play if the drive wasn't so long,
A pilot shot down is back in the fight in 5 minutes.:confused:

Maybe they're trying to discourage GV use? :noid

Offline Flayed1

• Silver Member
Host Change Thurs 10/19
« Reply #53 on: October 19, 2006, 09:25:36 PM »
For me the change really dosn't matter much as I prefer the MWA better but I do see where it might be a problem for squads trying to fly togeather.. And I'm not talking about the so called mega squads. This would be a problem for any 32 maned squad.   Fix that issue and I'm ok with it for the most part.
From the ashes of the old we rise to fly again. Behold The Phoenix Wing!

Offline jtdragon

• Copper Member
GV play
« Reply #54 on: October 19, 2006, 09:35:11 PM »
I like the game but If they don't want GV players all they have to do is say so and I for one will leave. Look at the numbers playing GV's when we have TT, says alot like GV's, but we don't play them all the time, most of us like to fly for a change of pace.
JT

Offline EagleDNY

• Silver Member
My take so far...
« Reply #55 on: October 19, 2006, 09:44:56 PM »
I tried the new LW setup early this evening, and it was pretty much just furball hell.  The new balancing makes for two big furball arenas, but looks like it pretty much leaves all the big squads out in the cold.  How is it going to be possible for guys that want to fly together to arrange to do so?  Are squad nights going to be a thing of the past?

As it was, we had to pick up our squaddies from both LW arenas and move over to midwar to be able to fly together, which is sure to elicit another round of whining about disparate numbers as 40 knights invaded midwar at the same time and skewed the numbers over there.

My conclusion so far is that this change will make the big squads move into midwar and leave the latewar multi-arenas to the furballers.  I don't know if this is what HT intended or not, and I don't know if this ultimately helps the situation.  

EagleDNY
$.02

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
Host Change Thurs 10/19
« Reply #56 on: October 19, 2006, 09:54:44 PM »
What on Earth stops you from running any kind of "strat" or toolshed mission?

I fail to see.

Furball hell?

lol, please.  The arena is what YOU make of it.

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
Host Change Thurs 10/19
« Reply #57 on: October 19, 2006, 10:04:53 PM »
Well I commend you guys for experimenting and trying different setups....you've also made it very difficult to link up with friends/squaddies.

Just saying....not that it'll much matter.

Offline KTM520guy

• Nickel Member
Host Change Thurs 10/19
« Reply #58 on: October 19, 2006, 10:07:33 PM »
I guess GV play, team work, friendships, and working toward a reset are things to be discouraged now. No big deal. Mid War is the only place to have a little fun anyway. Thing is though, MW only has decent numbers for a few hours a day.
Everything King Midas touches turns to gold. Everything Chuck Norris touches turns up dead.

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
Host Change Thurs 10/19
« Reply #59 on: October 19, 2006, 10:12:20 PM »
Again there is nothing to stop anyone from working toward a reset or taking bases.  Nothing.

Should I say it again?

Nothing.

:aok