Author Topic: AI Supplements during Low Population Hours  (Read 945 times)

Offline hacksaw1

• Copper Member
AI Supplements during Low Population Hours
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2006, 09:30:19 AM »
Originally posted by Overlag
going back to 1 or 2 arenas would mean that there would be never less than 60 people..........

wow that was a simple idea, instead of coding AI to fill the empty servers:p

I don't think the LW arena gets much below 70 or 80, so there would never be a need for any AI help there anyway. Anyone who hates AI could always go there.

Regarding the other two arenas, yeah, HT could just shut down EW and MW until the beginning of US peak hours. Doesn't seem likely to me.

Personally I'd rather not fly against AI if there was enough population to engage with. But yesterday at flying time there were 6 in EW and 9 in MW. Today I just checked, EW 11, MW 9.

If AI is planned to fill up CT anyway, then it might be worth considering for other arenas that are under populated during off peak hours. AI missions would cease when the population increases to a certain threshold. So, if there are enough RP's then there is no need for AI.

And I only suggest limited AI missions every 10 to 15 minutes, not standing AI furballs.

Offline indy007

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2006, 09:39:08 AM »
Originally posted by Overlag
i always thought AI bombers could be a good thing, but whos going to shoot them down? i mean i would, id get in my 190a8 and ho the bomber stream, but the point still stands is that people are here to fight people :(

To be fair, from what I've seen (only got to watch, didn't get to fight it)... but the AI put up a better fight than alot of players I've run across.

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2006, 09:41:59 AM »
It might not be such a bad idea after all.

According to my IL2/FB experience, the AI actually fights a lot better than most dweebs.

Offline TexMurphy

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2006, 12:32:44 PM »
Atm HTs AI is alot better then the avg MA pilot.

Tex

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2006, 02:51:53 PM »
If thats the case, God help the new guys. If I wanted to fight robots I'd find a great looking offline game. It won't take people long to figure out how the AI flies, and how to beat them.

~AoM~

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2006, 03:06:48 PM »
A.I in CT is guided strategically by missions........there is no such (automated) structure in the arenas......................

I always liked the idea of a sort of A.I front line in other words a map wide battle line between each country where the ground forces fought it out.

The ground pounders would influence the battle line by reducing logistic supply to the opponents front line.............. weakening it.

The ground attackers would attrit weaknesses in the opponents front line allowing its side to push forward.

Fighters would fight over the front line protecting and attacking the ground pounders and attackers.

GV's could be used to bolster or re enforce the ground based AI units.

Capturing stuff just behind enemy lines would cut off logistics totally to  the front line locally causing a large breach and enabling use of what ever is captured.

Capturing stuff deep would just deny the use of the facility until it was captured back again.

As the battle line moved it would over run fields and towns and stuff any way.

perchance to dream..............
Ludere Vincere

Offline trotter

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2006, 03:31:31 PM »
Originally posted by FiLtH
For a mission type thing related to the CT, I dont mind adding in some AI, but for MA use I wouldnt like it.  "Hey wtg nice fight...oh..you're a robot..yuck!"

hahaha, the first time i encountered CTAI9900 or whatever its name was, it was the best fight i'd had all day. we were both in spit9s and were tangling for a good few minutes. finally he had a split second snapshot and took it to take my wing off. i wanted to say nice shot, i typed his strange looking name into one of the channels and just as i was about to start typing i remembered reading on these boards that he was a bot. my reaction was exactly the same.....ewww yuck. :rofl

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2006, 03:43:10 PM »
Originally posted by FiLtH
For a mission type thing related to the CT, I dont mind adding in some AI, but for MA use I wouldnt like it.  "Hey wtg nice fight...oh..you're a robot..yuck!"

Just think of them as HT clones :t
Ludere Vincere