Author Topic: blue screen; Voodoo3 2000 PCI  (Read 629 times)

Bloody

blue screen; Voodoo3 2000 PCI
« on: April 22, 2000, 03:48:00 PM »
Oops, I've gone and done something very bad.      Your assistance would be appreciated.

I went into AH settings and tried to change the color settings from 16bit to 32bit.  Next thing I see, is a totally messed up screen.  All I could see was a faded blue screen; no AH clipboard or anything.  My display was stuck on that blue screen; so, I shut down my system by hitting the on/off button.

Once I rebooted, I tried getting into AH.  I saw nothing but that same faded blue screen.  I figured, "hell, i'll just re-install the game & all will be fine."  3 uninstalls, 3 reinstalls and about a dozen reboots later and still, all I see is that frickin faded blue screen when I load AH -- no clipboard, no tower, nothing.  (grumble   )

If anyone (HTC staff?) has any idea what I might be able to do, I would appreciate the feedback.  What really sucks is today is my first day of a weeklong "vacation" from work, and now I can't even play the damn game.  lol.  (*$@#)

fyi: i'm using win98.  my videocard is the Voodoo3 2000 PCI.

thanks for your time.  

Eagerly awaiting a solution,
Bloody
  bloody_ah@yahoo.com  

[This message has been edited by Bloody (edited 04-22-2000).]

Bloody

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2000, 04:23:00 PM »
Well, if anyone runs into the problem that i described above, here's how you can get rid of that blue screen (wish i had seen it before I reloaded the game several times.  hehe):

"If the game locks up after you have selected your preferences, try deleting the video.cfg file out of your Aces High settings directory and run the game again.  When you get the Select Video Card screen, choose the lowest settings, ie. 16 bit color and 640X480 resolution and try running the game again.

Rock

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2000, 04:37:00 PM »
From what I hear, VooDoo wont Do Thirty-two(bit).

Offline qts

• Nickel Member
      • None yet
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2000, 04:46:00 PM »
The Voodoo 3 cards don't do 32 bit colour. Reset to 16 bit and you'll be fine.