Author Topic: Arena Log in  (Read 368 times)

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
Arena Log in
« on: October 21, 2006, 04:19:28 PM »
With the new arena set up , if your squad is in LW1 and LW1 is over the CAP, is there any way to log in to LW1.  It appears that I always end up in LW2????
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Re: Arena Log in
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2006, 04:59:41 PM »
Originally posted by Traveler
With the new arena set up , if your squad is in LW1 and LW1 is over the CAP, is there any way to log in to LW1.  It appears that I always end up in LW2????

I think you answered your own question ... NO ... but there is a BUT

The only time that you would be able to leave LW2 and join LW1 is when the population of LW2 surpasses 80% of its current cap. At the point, the cap for LW1 will be increased and people will be directed to LW1 instead of LW2. At that point you can join LW1.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
Re: Re: Arena Log in
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2006, 05:11:14 PM »
Originally posted by SlapShot
I think you answered your own question ... NO ... but there is a BUT

The only time that you would be able to leave LW2 and join LW1 is when the population of LW2 surpasses 80% of its current cap. At the point, the cap for LW1 will be increased and people will be directed to LW1 instead of LW2. At that point you can join LW1.

that's what I was afraid of, so this new setup does nothing to promote Squad paly, one of Hi Tech's stated goals,  "Changing the mind set of the Heard Mentality to I fly with my squad in this arena"

The only thing it does is balance total numbers in an arena, not the numbers on different sides, so it does not balanced game play, it's balanced Servers for performance.   The "heard" can still exists in any one arena.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes

Offline FBplmmr

• Silver Member
Arena Log in
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2006, 09:48:49 AM »
if your squad loved you they would go to where you were..or where all of the squadies could get in.:lol

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Re: Re: Re: Arena Log in
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2006, 10:04:09 AM »
Originally posted by Traveler
that's what I was afraid of, so this new setup does nothing to promote Squad paly, one of Hi Tech's stated goals,  "Changing the mind set of the Heard Mentality to I fly with my squad in this arena"

The only thing it does is balance total numbers in an arena, not the numbers on different sides, so it does not balanced game play, it's balanced Servers for performance.   The "heard" can still exists in any one arena.

No ... I disagree ... it was more like ... "Changing the mind set of the Heard Mentality" ... period.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Arena Log in
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2006, 10:30:29 AM »
Heard? People who hear? Not sure what that has to do with training. Do you mean herd? As in herd of Cows?
Then I guess you came to right place as we do offer help and training. Even if it's with diction and spelling. :)

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
Arena Log in
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2006, 02:27:55 PM »
Originally posted by DamnedRen
Heard? People who hear? Not sure what that has to do with training. Do you mean herd? As in herd of Cows?
Then I guess you came to right place as we do offer help and training. Even if it's with diction and spelling. :)

You'll notice it was in quote marks, it's a quote from Hi Tech, not me.  Considering you offer to help with diction and spelling, just thought you should know that.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
Arena Log in
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2006, 03:34:44 PM »
Traveler, Ren responded to Slap who responded to you.

Regards,

hap

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
Re: Re: Re: Re: Arena Log in
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2006, 04:02:39 PM »
Originally posted by SlapShot
No ... I disagree ... it was more like ... "Changing the mind set of the Heard Mentality" ... period.

What Im after is arenas with 200 - 300 players in them.

I have listed many resones why I am after this.

I do not realy care what type (i.e EW MW LW) of arena you wish to fly in.

2nd to accomplish this , the "Herd mentality" must be change to , this is the arena I fly in with my squad.

HiTech

113th LUcky Strikes

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Arena Log in
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2006, 10:32:33 PM »
All joking aside I'm not sure that there aren't more herds. In fact, we seem to have gone from a few arenas to more. That spreads out different fun for more folks. However, only time will tell. Try giving it a chance for 6 months and see what happens.  A wait and see attitude never hurt anyone. If no one fly's in an arena you may see changes. If they do then perhaps those are changes for the better. As I see it right now we have one additional arena to mess around in that we didn't have before. The only real limit is for the LW arena as it appears most folks like to fly there. If thats the case then that will show up in the final talley. If the talley is a losing proposition then we'll see what happens. Right now get up, fly and have some fun is my thought.