Author Topic: Fraps v2.8 released  (Read 303 times)

Offline TinmanX

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Fraps v2.8 released
« on: October 21, 2006, 09:10:06 PM »
I don't know how many of you care, but I got an email from Fraps today aout their new software version for Duel Core machines, thought I'd share;

Dear Registered User,

A new version of Fraps has just been released.  As a registered user of the software you are entitled to free updates to the program.  You can download the full version of Fraps 2.8.0 from the Members Area at the following page:

<>

-------------------------
FRAPS 2.8.0 RELEASE NOTES
-------------------------

Got Dual Core?  For video capture we're happy to announce the removal of resolution restrictions on multi-core systems.  So whether you want to record in 1280x1024 or go for HD 1080p you now have the choice :)

We're also proud to once again be a sponsor of the Machinima Film Festival.  For anyone interested in the convergence of games and cinema this is THE event to attend and we look forward to seeing the year's best Machinima.  If you're in the New York area on Nov 4th-5th please consider checking out the the festival and saying hi!  More information: http://festival.machinima.org/

---------
CHANGELOG
---------

- Added full-size video capture up to 2560x1600 for dual core CPUs
- Added G15 gameinfo screen (mapped to 4th button)
- Added Targa (TGA) screenshot format support
- Added dual core optimizations to Fraps FPS1 codec
- Added extra digit to counter (now displays above 999 fps)
- Improved full-size D3D9 video capture speed (10-20%)
- Fixed G15 display not scaling properly with high framerates
- Fixed Company of Heroes reporting 999 fps
- Fixed mouse cursor offset in some windowed applications
- Fixed flickering movies recording Flight Simulator 9/FSX with dual monitors
"...and then we discovered why. Why this 'Cheech', who had fought with gods and demons, why he flew the Zeke. He was being kind, giving us a chance to run away."
Aces High Films
I'm the "timid" "runner" in the zeke "BnZing" you.