Author Topic: Crossed Controls  (Read 485 times)

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
Crossed Controls
« on: February 10, 2000, 09:29:00 AM »
I fugured out part of my problem in taking off. I did indeed have a malfunction in getting the manifold pressure change going. I found out how to get full power from the engine as well as full rpm's. Now I have a bigger problem. It seems there is a cross control problem with my rudder inputs (keyboard as well as pedals) and the throttle. When I increase throtle the rudders heel over and seem to be linked to the throtle. I can't get them seperated. I have changed joysticks (TM and a cheap Micro inovations) and disconnected the rudder pedals. I am running joystick through the soundblaster card. Man this is complicated and frustrating.  

Mav

------------------
No Mercy Asked, None Given, Just pass the ammo
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Sharky

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.31stfightergroup.com
Crossed Controls
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2000, 04:33:00 PM »
Ok Mav,

I think I remember in one of your other posts you were using a TM Attack Throttle correct?  If so you have to set up your joystick as a 3 axis 4 botton joystick.

Try deleting the joystick under controllers in the Control Panel of windows.  After that add a joystick but don't select the TM Topgun or whatever joystick your using.  Just select the 3 axis 4 button joystick and be sure to check the rudder pedals box.  Recalibrate your controlers in windows and AH.  Now this may cause your "hat" not to work for views, but see if this solves your control problems.  If it does then you'll have to program your views and other fuctions using the programing utility for the TM throttle.  Thats a little tricky but others can help you with that. (I haven't used TM stuff for years and CH has a neat GUI that makes programing easy).  Anyway let me know if this solves your control problems.

Sharky

------------------
You can run, but you just die tired.

[This message has been edited by Sharky (edited 02-10-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Sharky (edited 02-10-2000).]