Author Topic: Squads in login  (Read 350 times)

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Inc. Aces High
Squads in login
« on: October 23, 2006, 04:24:06 PM »
Squad function seems like most of the "hub-bub" on the BBS. Could it  be resolved by allowing squad memebers to join arenas that squadmembers are in..

is there a way to add squad memebership as a check in the login-process?
Where squad members who try to login to an arena where their squad is flying would get a priority in  que or something? Or if the squad leader is in an arena, the rest of the squad when logging in, would be sent to the arena the squad leader is in....force em to fly with their squad....

or give a checkbox option, to log in as a non squad member if they wanted to fly without their squad? But then scores dont get added to the squad score.

2 cents...
« Last Edit: October 23, 2006, 04:35:48 PM by Waffle »

Offline Clifra Jones

• Silver Member
Re: Squads in login
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2006, 04:35:26 PM »
Originally posted by Waffle BAS
Squad funtion seems like most of the "hub-bub" on the BBS. Could it  be resolved by allowing squad memebers to join arenas that squadmembers are in..

is there a way to add squad memebership as a check in the login-process?
Where squad members who try to log to an arena where their squad is flying would get a priority in  que or something? Or if the squad leader is in an arena, the rest of the squad when logging in, would be sent to the arena the squad leader is in....force em to fly with their squad....

or give a checkbox option, to log in as a non squad member if they wanted to fly with out their squad? But then scores dont get added to the squad score.

2 cents...

Oh great, so we go from mega-squads to tera-squads to google-squads. All so they can log on to the same arena and dominate.

Why not have arena nights. where you squad agrees to fly in a particulier arena.  If tat one is full send a text out to move to another. And WOW maybe split up to balance the sides if your unbalancing said arena.

JMO

storch

Squads in login
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2006, 04:36:45 PM »
we don't have any memebers in our squad.  I'm jealous.  where can we get memebers?

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Inc. Aces High
Squads in login
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2006, 04:38:36 PM »
Squads are 32 people....

People want to fly with their squadmates....

Squadmates cant get into the same arena together...

how do you fix it?

and belive it or not, groups of people (squads in AH) or clans or whatever you want to call them, are also a factor in the "lifespan" of a subscriber... Once people become friends with other people online, and there's a relationship built, players find it harder to leave. Some players maintain a subscription, even though they may only be online less than 5-10 hours a month.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2006, 04:43:18 PM by Waffle »

Offline Husky01

• Platinum Member
Squads in login
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2006, 04:41:03 PM »
Not to say i told u so but i suggested same thing a few days back but no one ignoleged me. BTW great idea i like squads in one arena let u fly with ur buds.
BearKats
9GIAP VVS RKKA

Offline 2bighorn

• Gold Member
Squads in login
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2006, 04:44:41 PM »
Originally posted by Waffle BAS
Squadmates cant get into the same arena together...
Since when?

Offline TalonX

• Silver Member
Squads in login
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2006, 05:07:31 PM »
Originally posted by goldelks
Not to say i told u so but i suggested same thing a few days back but no one ignoleged me. BTW great idea i like squads in one arena let u fly with ur buds.

Ignoleged?   Ignoleged?    Wow.  And you have shot me down?   I acknowledge I need some work then.

:D

-TalonX

Forgotten, but back in the game.  :)

Offline KTM520guy

• Nickel Member
Squads in login
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2006, 05:59:19 PM »
Squads are bad, death to all squads.
Everything King Midas touches turns to gold. Everything Chuck Norris touches turns up dead.

Offline Husky01

• Platinum Member
Squads in login
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2006, 06:09:42 PM »
Me kno tooo spil
BearKats
9GIAP VVS RKKA