Author Topic: Lagging  (Read 626 times)

Lady Gundam

Lagging
« on: April 23, 2000, 07:05:00 PM »
Hi, I recently downloaded this game and the result has been this terrible lag(every 3-4 seconds the screen/picture moves).  How can I get rid of it?
Also the words are not readable. I could just barely make out the word "quit" in order to get out of the game. I really want to learn to play this game and would really appriciate your help. Thank you.  

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
Lagging
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2000, 07:46:00 AM »
 To start, your best best is to describe your PC system completely and also what video settings you've chosen.

-Westy

Lady Gundam

Lagging
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2000, 04:45:00 PM »
Hi, Westy.
Thank you for responding to my post. Of what I know of the system I use it has 64 ram, total hard disk space is 2 gig., the graphic card is a RageIIC PCI, display resolution is 640x480, sound card is PCI 388-A-3D, modem is Parallel cable on PLT1, operating system is Windows 98, ver.4. That's all I know but if you wish to know something else I can always find out.
As for you wanting to know the video settings I've chosen? None for the game because it was impossible to read the words. It was all in chicken scratch, if you're familiar with that saying, writing. Everything lagged including the mouse arrow.
I love games, such as yours, where you can fly in planes and a friend highly recommended your website and told me about the game Aces High so I came on and downloaded but was so disappointed I couldn't play.  
I know it's no ones fault it's just one of those things that can happen and I'm not mad or anything like that.  Just wanna play.  
Your help, Westy, will most definitely be appreciated. Later days, mate.  

Offline tshred

• Copper Member
Lagging
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2000, 03:20:00 AM »
LadyG, I would suggest getting the latest drivers for your video card, and also the latest version of DirextX, which is 7.0a I believe. You also didn't mention what speed or type of CPU you have. I am not familiar with the video card, but it sounds like it is a video driver issue. Check the ATI website (it's an ATI card isn't it?hehe)for the latest drivers, and also Microsoft for the latest version of DirextX.

ts

Lady Gundam

Lagging
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2000, 01:46:00 PM »
Hi, tshred,
I'll look into what you suggested and get right back to you if all went well. Thanx, mate. Bye.  

Offline av8or

• Copper Member
Lagging
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2000, 09:43:00 PM »
i am running the same video card as you and i had to install directx 6.1 before it would work properly with aces high. also there is a folder in the ace high directory that i had to delete, but since you probably had the card already installed then that shouldn't be a problem.I also had to set all the colors on the card to default settings.

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
Lagging
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2000, 11:50:00 AM »
Looks like tshred and av8or took you to the next steps already!

-Westy