Author Topic: Can you find your squad?  (Read 1224 times)

Offline FBBone

• Nickel Member
Can you find your squad?
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2006, 01:40:07 AM »
Originally posted by storch
no doubt that the problems facing a larger squad are inherently different to those of a smaller group of players.   if you all had to absolutely cram into the same arena that the other many people squads want to be in of course you would flood it out, and you do.  why not go to the other arenas?  bone just offered up the reason that he doesn't like the other arenas because they are unpopulated.  I suspect the real reason may be another, I'll get to that in a minute.  

my point is this.  if any squad, irrespective of size wants to play together they have four  venues that they may select from.  if a sixty member squad logs on en masse and there are already thirty players present in the subject arena then this arena is no longer devoid of players.

I suspect the real rub here is that the mega squads would prefer to be in the fastest, cannonest planes and biggest ord carrying bombers so they can do...well..... whatever they like to do and do so while taking the path of least resistance.

this is all well and good I suppose but then it's your own choice that prevents you from playing together which is the basis of your argument.

you guys want the old MA.  it needed to die, I'm glad it's gone.  I look forward to the further evolution of this game.  I think the move to separate venues of play was a brilliant solution to a game killing problem.

just saying.

Just saying?  Are you that thick?  FBs are mostly a base capturing squad, and now you want us to follow the furballers around?  Cmon Storch, its time for your meds.  I thought  the furballers wanted to be left to their ways, and thats fine with me.  I like to furball sometimes, I dont fly bombers, theyre boring.  I leave the goon driving to someone else too.  I'll vulch like a mutha tho if given  the chance, and you now want the war winners like me to follow you?  You cant have it both ways.  I stated above that when I feel like furballing, I'd be more than happy to go to the other arenas with the furballers, and when I want to take real estate I'll leave them alone out of respect, I've read somewhere that they'd appreciate that.  

As Plmmr said, we don't have many guys that log in even on squad night, so when I can't wing up with em, yeah it is an issue.  As I stated earlier, its a small one and I'm sure it will be fixed.

Also, since you missed it in my previous posts and likely didn't read the first paragraph very well in this one either, I offered more than one reason.  Read my post again SLOWLY if you must................

That you dont bother to read or think before you post is evident, so please dont try to psychoanalyze me.  Freud youre not, Edipus maybe, but not Freud.

Offline lagger86

• Nickel Member
Can you find your squad?
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2006, 01:54:03 AM »
Actually for the first time in a great while, my squad was on in full...I don't think the arena changes have made much differance, and with the new cap on the ma...er the L1.... L2 errrr the orange and blue....whatever.....The point is with squad channel you can coordinate throughout the arenas and with the new rules you CAN get into the same arena, just takes some work. I haven't been around long, but I find it isn't too hard to adapt to the changes, and in my honest opinion....once you get past logging in...the game is still the same (although I have only been around for 4 months) yeah I suck I'm still "new"...but I have alot of fun playing this game...changes and all.
Lagger

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
Can you find your squad?
« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2006, 01:59:27 AM »
Distilled Storchism: (for Bone)

If what you really want to do is fly together, you have your choice of arenas to do so in. If what you really want is the old MA, but you're claiming that it's only your squaddies that you want to fly with, you're SOL.
If you want a little of both, then the adjustment period might seem to take a while, and it might be uncomfortable, but is a necessary evil in ridding the game of what HTC perceives to be unhealthy tendencies and habits. We thank you for your patience in this matter, and being from a squad of similar size, we understand your concerns and the issues from which they arise, and we encourage you to approach these issues creatively, and hope that you will find a happy medium as we have. Thank you and good day.

;)
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline FBBone

• Nickel Member
Can you find your squad?
« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2006, 02:18:43 AM »
Originally posted by hubsonfire
Distilled Storchism: (for Bone)

If what you really want to do is fly together, you have your choice of arenas to do so in. If what you really want is the old MA, but you're claiming that it's only your squaddies that you want to fly with, you're SOL.
If you want a little of both, then the adjustment period might seem to take a while, and it might be uncomfortable, but is a necessary evil in ridding the game of what HTC perceives to be unhealthy tendencies and habits. We thank you for your patience in this matter, and being from a squad of similar size, we understand your concerns and the issues from which they arise, and we encourage you to approach these issues creatively, and hope that you will find a happy medium as we have. Thank you and good day.

;)

As I stated earlier.......

I understand that not everyone has the same preferences as me, and I applaud having a choice, but I dont get to choose to fly with my squad? Not much of a choice, and thats my only real problem with the split. I do, however, think that it will be fixed and I will be able to go on my merry way.

Anyhow, thanks, but no need to break down Storch's post.  He's really not that complex.

Offline FBplmmr

• Silver Member
Can you find your squad?
« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2006, 06:33:25 AM »
ended up in LW2 last night

I logged in EW
I typed "where we at"
FBgrit typed "LW2 i think. just me and a friend at 25 .. good fight"
I confirmed he was in LW2 by the text tag
I logged into LW2 and went to A25
I began augering
FBgrit was there with FBtod and some new guy.. right before I left FBlazy came on.

(on a side note.. for fun screen shot the text buffer in the LW arena and compare it to a screenshot of the hte text buffer in the ew or mw)

storch

Can you find your squad?
« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2006, 07:18:05 AM »
Originally posted by FBBone
As I stated earlier.......

Anyhow, thanks, but no need to break down Storch's post.  He's really not that complex.
thank you for saying that, it is true however it seems to me that keep missing the point.

it seems by what you (collectively) repeatedly post is that you (collectively) want to have your cake and eat it too.

in any event (as I am now attempting to clarify) the post wasn't generated at you specifically (more to the collective), it seems that all the mega squads capture undefended bases and they all do it the same way yet they all claim to be "different".  they also all claim to be jonesing for their now lost time of togetherness with their cartoon soulmates.  they are all now expressing grief and deep sorrow, posting mournful wailings over their love lost.

I'm simply calling BS.

what you (collectively) want is the LW because you have the "better" inventory to truly and completely punish those offensive sheds in one pass.

it gives your members great joy to see multiple "field X has been captured by the XXXXXXX" in succession.  this is all fine,  you can do the same thing while holding hands and having fun in the all of the other arenas but it would take more work and be considerably more challenging.  I submit to you that longer time to capture=more hand holding amongst squaddies=more fun according to your logic.  If this is incorrect then please point out where I'm going wrong here.

allow me to stretch a tad and draw a parallel from the real world.  I believe that this behavioral pattern is also exhibited in our current society by the handwringing liberals in attempts to subornate our great American second amendment with loud cries of "think of the children" when all they want is to have their way.  having their way means their way or the highway.  maybe not specifically, again I'm generalizing here but that is my perceived tone of these sundried posts with the same melodramatic conclusions.

just saying.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Can you find your squad?
« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2006, 08:00:51 AM »
Not only is it not a problem but it is better than before.

Now a red typed message comes on and we know where the other guy is and if we are in several arenas we simply ask "what is going on"

Now, even if one arena is total crap with nothing but lame milkrunning... we have two other choices and we have "scouts" in those arenas to tell us which is the best with the best action.

lazs
Public Relations Officer for the BK's

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
Can you find your squad?
« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2006, 08:03:28 AM »
"what you (collectively) want is the LW because you have the "better" inventory to truly and completely punish those offensive sheds in one pass."

Since we're into determining everyone else's conclusions for them-

What you want (singularly) is the destructible building code deleted so we can all truly and completely enjoy only the furball aspect of the game in the most singular (non-squad/ 5's-a-horde) manner possible.
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline FBBone

• Nickel Member
Can you find your squad?
« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2006, 09:28:24 AM »
Originally posted by storch
 bone just offered up the reason that he doesn't like the other arenas because they are unpopulated.  I suspect the real reason may be another, I'll get to that in a minute.  

That didn't sound like you were addressing the "collective". :aok

it seems by what you (collectively) repeatedly post is that you (collectively) want to have your cake and eat it too.
[/B]

I don't claim to speak for anyone except myself.  I wouldn't pesume that what I say is the same thing all FBs think.  Nor would I assume its the same for any other squad.  Im sure that any issues the BOPs are having are completely different than mine, and they might think the issue is worse than I do.  The BKs have no issue at all.  Good, I don't wish them, or anyone else in this game ill will.  I simply stated that I (me) (one person) am having a tough time during peak hours getting together with my squaddies.  You might note here that I am still paying and playing.  I'm not taking any more of a break than the few days between playing that I normally do, and I'm not sending HTC nasty e-mails about how they need to fix it or I'm gone.  I simply replied to the original question that, yes, I find it difficult to get together with my squaddies.

At any rate, I partially agree with Lazs, I think that it is better EXCEPT for the one (1) issue I (singularly) mentioned.:D

storch

Can you find your squad?
« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2006, 09:37:40 AM »
not at all thndregg.  if you actually read what my suggestion is you can clearly see that I am saying that you toolshedder types have four arenas from which to choose.  furthermore I have repeatedly stated that you guys have every right to be toolshedders because you pay to play.

while I don't understand your affinity to toolshed eradication I respect your desire to play that way.

storch

Can you find your squad?
« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2006, 09:39:57 AM »
Originally posted by FBBone
That didn't sound like you were addressing the "collective". :aok

I don't claim to speak for anyone except myself.  I wouldn't pesume that what I say is the same thing all FBs think.  Nor would I assume its the same for any other squad.  Im sure that any issues the BOPs are having are completely different than mine, and they might think the issue is worse than I do.  The BKs have no issue at all.  Good, I don't wish them, or anyone else in this game ill will.  I simply stated that I (me) (one person) am having a tough time during peak hours getting together with my squaddies.  You might note here that I am still paying and playing.  I'm not taking any more of a break than the few days between playing that I normally do, and I'm not sending HTC nasty e-mails about how they need to fix it or I'm gone.  I simply replied to the original question that, yes, I find it difficult to get together with my squaddies.

At any rate, I partially agree with Lazs, I think that it is better EXCEPT for the one (1) issue I (singularly) mentioned.:D [/B]
:D