Author Topic: ok,lets try this--Fighter arena??  (Read 2872 times)

Offline indy007

• Gold Member
ok,lets try this--Fighter arena??
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2006, 10:45:48 AM »
Originally posted by LYNX
from Lazs2
what we have now is the solution... rarely is the mid and early war arena screwed up so much that the toolshedders can ruin the fight everywhere at both arenas..

Riddle me this Lazs2.  HTC expects an influx of new players...right ?  So when the 2 MA's or Late wars / pretty colour arena caps max out.  Where will all these new / older players end up ?

In Late War Magenta? HTC already said he'd open more arenas as the LW's filled.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2006, 11:09:49 AM »
Fighter only arena is fine by me with a few restrictions.

One, it is an arena with a few decent maps. Fields at min spacing (3/4 sector), CV's for CV fights, some terrain features like valleys and rolling hills. Masps to rotate on time only (since I suspect HT would require "capturable fields")

Plane sets would follow the EW/MW/LW specifications and rotate every three days (unless we could have 3 indvidual fighter arenas each featuring a specific planeset).

Absolutely NO perk points awarded in a fighter arena; not for kills or resets. Thus, if HT insisted on reset capability, there would be no point reward that milkers could use in other arenas. Similarly, no rank or score would be recorded for this arena. It'd be just for the joy of the fight.

Just a couple thoughts on what I'd be looking for in such a place.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2006, 11:10:40 AM »
Originally posted by indy007
In Late War Magenta? HTC already said he'd open more arenas as the LW's filled.

Thank you Indy.  Personally I havn't seen HTC post anything about making more than 2 "Late war" arena's but if that is the case then we are indeed closer to the Aces High "Nirvana".

Perhaps there should be a "Gentlemens agreement" with regards to base capture in EW and MW.  Impossible to implement but the majority would stand with the plan.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2006, 11:13:29 AM by LYNX »

Offline indy007

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2006, 11:33:17 AM »
Thank you Indy.  Personally I havn't seen HTC post anything about making more than 2 "Late war" arena's but if that is the case then we are indeed closer to the Aces High "Nirvana".

Perhaps there should be a "Gentlemens agreement" with regards to base capture in EW and MW.  Impossible to implement but the majority would stand with the plan.

Right on. Earlier thread HiTech said his vision was 1000+ arenas @ the 300 cap. I don't know if we'll ever see 300,000 players online... but it'd be neat. :)

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2006, 11:43:18 AM »
Originally posted by lazs2

HT's new arenas are letting things work...  we have lots of places to take off from now and do what we want including finding a fight or milkrunning if that is what blows air up your skirt.
get better.

lazs
Public Relations Officer for the BK's

True - but they are only "letting things work" for the guys in EW / MW, which are never no-where as full as the others.

For people who say give it time it will work itself out and then comparing it to AW, look where it is now!!!!!
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo
2 x 2Gb Corsair 1066 DDR2 memory

Offline doc1kelley

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2006, 11:49:35 AM »
Originally posted by storch
I can't believe this but I'll side with the BKs here.  I don't think the BKs have ever said "play our way" to anyone.  from what I understand is that they and other furballers are saying is play the way you want and we will too.  I have never seen the furballers drop what they are doing and attack tank and bomb and capture town.  have seen the griefers stop what they are doing and attack, even shut down fighter town.  I don't know if you grasp the subtle difference there.

just saying,

That is all they say, or to be honest, a vocal part of the BK's as I have to admit that I haven't seen a majority chime in and I actually have some respect for some BK's.  You storch are a different matter, what has been posted by the vocal minority of the BK's in here is the "play it may way" as their mantra.  You are just one of their groupies.

All the Best...
Jay
awDoc1
awDoc1
The Flying Circus Rocks! We're clowns of a different color!

Beer! helping ugly folks get laid!

Offline mQuinn

• Zinc Member
« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2006, 11:51:10 AM »
I don't fully understand this overpowering need to win the war displayed by many toolshedders.  -Storch

I really don't understand why this is so hard to comprehend.  Some people like the strategic elements of the game.  They like to do things other than furball all the time.  What is so complicated that this cannot be understood?  In fact, there are whole squads in this game that are based around strategic base capturing.... plenty of them.    

This is exactly like BF2.  Some people play the game to just run around and fight the whole time and others play to win the maps.  Just because some people prefer style A does not mean style B is invalid.

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2006, 11:54:51 AM »
Originally posted by Kev367th
True - but they are only "letting things work" for the guys in EW / MW, which are never no-where as full as the others.

For people who say give it time it will work itself out and then comparing it to AW, look where it is now!!!!!

Sorry Kev excuse my ignorance.  I'm from Warbirds and know why that sim is err "tits up" but I know nothing about why Air Warrior folded.

In brief mate why did it fold and what do you mean by "look where it is now".

Sorry for avacadotering on

Offline uberhun

• Nickel Member
« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2006, 12:12:59 PM »
Maybe, the solution could be a limted  life arena, similar to FSO. People would fly very differently hence improve game play and elimnate hoarding.
I also would like to echo Laz's last setiment in respects to the new arenas. Early war and Mid war have been great. I would recommend these arenas to the purists, who want to "Dog Fight".

Offline Nwbie

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2006, 12:20:34 PM »
EW= Lotsa fun, wish more would join in

MidW= lotsa fun if peeps change sides to balance out gameplay

LateW= ho's -milkrunners-bnz'rs, squeaky voices

furboll=hub

scary isn't it?

:O

Newbs
Skuzzy-- "Facts are slowly becoming irrelevant in favor of the nutjob."

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2006, 12:33:09 PM »
Originally posted by doc1kelley
That is all they say, or to be honest, a vocal part of the BK's as I have to admit that I haven't seen a majority chime in and I actually have some respect for some BK's.  You storch are a different matter, what has been posted by the vocal minority of the BK's in here is the "play it may way" as their mantra.  You are just one of their groupies.

All the Best...
Jay
awDoc1

Can you quote me on this one Doc? I don't recall saying that. For what it's worth, I think a majority already play the way I do, but I don't believe I'd made that my mantra.

Lynx, what purpose does making one arena where only aircombat is tolerated serve? In the MA of old, the great cartoon war was the premise for fighting. Now, it's an excuse not to. So, the people who don't wish to have combat, but wish to play CTF with no opposition have changed the face of gameplay. That's their deal, I suppose, but I don't understand why those of us who play the game as it was designed should be the ones to have to leave it. That is why I don't support the idea, and believe it to be flawed.

At one time, I did think such an idea had merit, but a few days in the AvA when they ran their fightertown setup was enough to cure me. As malta pointed out, there were still idiots, and not much fighting.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

storch

« Reply #41 on: October 25, 2006, 01:31:54 PM »
Originally posted by doc1kelley

All the Best...
Jay
awDoc1
I don't think I can be called a BK groupie.  I'm pointing out the fact that in everything I recall reading all I ever see is griefers wanting the furballers to go away and not the other way 'round.

could you please post one example where anyone claims the toolshedders should go away?  I don't think you can.  here's my take on the matter. you (and others like you) are clearly intimidated by a style of gameplay you wish you were good at but are afraid to put up with the failure it takes to become proficient.

I understand how you guys who play the way you do would feel somehow threatened by people who could do what you do better than you and still beat you in a fighter v fighter game.

just saying.

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: October 25, 2006, 01:34:22 PM »
Originally posted by hubsonfire
Can you quote me on this one Doc? I don't recall saying that. For what it's worth, I think a majority already play the way I do, but I don't believe I'd made that my mantra.

Lynx, what purpose does making one arena where only aircombat is tolerated serve? In the MA of old, the great cartoon war was the premise for fighting. Now, it's an excuse not to. So, the people who don't wish to have combat, but wish to play CTF with no opposition have changed the face of gameplay. That's their deal, I suppose, but I don't understand why those of us who play the game as it was designed should be the ones to have to leave it. That is why I don't support the idea, and believe it to be flawed.

At one time, I did think such an idea had merit, but a few days in the AvA when they ran their fightertown setup was enough to cure me. As malta pointed out, there were still idiots, and not much fighting.

Thanks for replying.  Have a couple of oppinions to chuck in regarding the follwing.

I don't understand why those of us who play the game as it was designed should be the ones to have to leave it

I think the game has evolved around you.  Bombs, bombers, jabos, Cv guns etc.  It isn't today what it was yesterday.   As you say in the line below

In the MA of old,

Perhaps you guys (Furballers) can do well in EW and MW.  Hope you can police the idiots that'll turn up there.  Maybe get HTC to post MOTD on the lines of "base capture is possible but frowned upon".

Good luck

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: October 25, 2006, 01:43:19 PM »
Thanks for replying.  Have a couple of oppinions to chuck in regarding the follwing.

I don't understand why those of us who play the game as it was designed should be the ones to have to leave it

I think the game has evolved around you.  Bombs, bombers, jabos, Cv guns etc.  It isn't today what it was yesterday.   As you say in the line below

In the MA of old,

Perhaps you guys (Furballers) can do well in EW and MW.  Hope you can police the idiots that'll turn up there.  Maybe get HTC to post MOTD on the lines of "base capture is possible but frowned upon".

Good luck

The game hasn't evolved a bit with regards to the basic gameplay structure. What happened was we got another few hundred (maybe thousand) players who never really got to the top of the learning curve(arguably got nowhere near it). The path of least resistance became the only avenue to success for missions and capture attempts, and that's what we see today. Captures and the struggle between opposing cartoon forces are still part of the game, if not so much part of gameplay currently. Some of us like the struggle more than the capture, and some don't want any part of the struggle whatsoever. That's no change in the game, but rather in the people playing it.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: October 25, 2006, 01:46:00 PM »
Originally posted by storch
I don't think I can be called a BK groupie.  I'm pointing out the fact that in everything I recall reading all I ever see is griefers wanting the furballers to go away and not the other way 'round.

could you please post one example where anyone claims the toolshedders should go away?  I don't think you can.  here's my take on the matter. you (and others like you) are clearly intimidated by a style of gameplay you wish you were good at but are afraid to put up with the failure it takes to become proficient.

I understand how you guys who play the way you do would feel somehow threatened by people who could do what you do better than you and still beat you in a fighter v fighter game.

just saying.

Clearly deluded.

Delude   v.t.  fool, decieve.