Author Topic: X52?  (Read 494 times)

Offline 68slayr

• Nickel Member
X52?
« on: October 24, 2006, 04:21:11 PM »
i'm lookiing to get a new joystick.  (this time i'm not going for a crappy logitec stick  but going to spend some money)  I've been told about the saitek X52.  Would that be good to get?

Or is there something else out there?

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
X52?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2006, 04:30:17 PM »
I only know of one person who didn't like his X52. I'm not saying there are'nt others . Most of the guys I know with them seem to like them. Of course if you got the bucks there's always that cougar thing I keep hearing about.

BTW I'm still using an X45 and still love it.

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
X52?
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2006, 04:31:43 PM »
I like the X45 better than the X52 but you can't get them in the stores anymore.
I am now using an X45 throttle using saitek SST programming software for its command assignments, an X52 joystick with the buttons/commands assigned inside AH hardware config and CH Pro Peds USB for rudder. It works well though the feel is totally different as the X52 is much softer touch than the X45 ever was.
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
X52?
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2006, 04:37:18 PM »
After using a bunch of cheap sticks and going to the X52, I would say that I'm pleased so far. If I had the funds, I would definitely go for CH gear. However, the X52 has thus far been a far better stick than my Wingmen, Cyborgs, or the Evo, and for much less than a full CH setup.

The programming software, if you bother playing with it for a bit, also allows you do some pretty cool things that make life a bit easier, IMO.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
X52?
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2006, 09:03:18 PM »
Originally posted by hubsonfire
After using a bunch of cheap sticks and going to the X52, I would say that I'm pleased so far. If I had the funds, I would definitely go for CH gear. However, the X52 has thus far been a far better stick than my Wingmen, Cyborgs, or the Evo, and for much less than a full CH setup.

The programming software, if you bother playing with it for a bit, also allows you do some pretty cool things that make life a bit easier, IMO.
I have to agree. While it's not my MSSWFF, it's a well built stick with few if any flaws. There may be some software issues, but you can get around them. If the X52 was a FF, it would be near perfect.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Wolfala

• Platinum Member
X52?
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2006, 01:54:12 AM »
I'm on my 2nd X52 - only the 2nd because it took 1.5 years to wear the first one out where it was disconnecting randomly from the USB. Kinda annoying to be pulling out of a dive and losing roll and elevator control - I got proficient at USB pulling and putting it back in - it would redetect and i'd pull out at the last minute, sometimes.

Mostly i'd just augur with something expensive like a 262. But I bought a spare X52, keeping it in the closet until I figured it was time to swap them out. So, 1.5 years later, which is the longest a stick has ever lasted for me - i'm on #2.

Still rock solid.

Wolf

the best cure for "wife ack" is to deploy chaff:    $...$$....$....$$$.....$ .....$$$.....$ ....$$

Offline TMAW

• Zinc Member
X52?
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2006, 01:02:06 PM »
Hey Wolfala I had the same problem with mine disconnecting. It turned out to be static electricity discharging when I touched the pinky switch. What I had to do was just disconnect the joystick from the throttle, then re-connect it. I only have the problem in the winter months.

TMAW aka Tinman

Offline Wolfala

• Platinum Member
X52?
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2006, 02:41:50 PM »
Ok, i do the disconnecting thing, but the only way it redetects is by unplugging from the usb and back in again. is there a different way to ground the switch?

the best cure for "wife ack" is to deploy chaff:    $...$$....$....$$$.....$ .....$$$.....$ ....$$

Offline Flayed1

• Silver Member
X52?
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2006, 08:56:16 AM »
Love my X-52. Will be 2 years old next month and still works darn near as good as when I bought it..  Paint is wearing off where my hands rest and the twist rudder is a tad sticky and spikes just a tad in the center but just upped the dead band a bid and all is well, besides I'm wanting some peddles any way. :)
From the ashes of the old we rise to fly again. Behold The Phoenix Wing!

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
X52?
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2006, 04:19:11 PM »
Originally posted by Eagler
I like the X45 better than the X52 but you can't get them in the stores anymore.
I am now using an X45 throttle using saitek SST programming software for its command assignments, an X52 joystick with the buttons/commands assigned inside AH hardware config and CH Pro Peds USB for rudder. It works well though the feel is totally different as the X52 is much softer touch than the X45 ever was.
I use the same setup with CHPro Peddles. The X45 throttle is superior to the X52 but the X52 stick is smooth and rock steady, a big improvement over the X45 IMO. Recommended.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline TMAW

• Zinc Member
X52?
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2006, 12:27:31 PM »
Ok, i do the disconnecting thing, but the only way it redetects is by unplugging from the usb and back in again. is there a different way to ground the switch?

Wolfala I've never had to unplug the USB to reset mine. The static discharge to/from the pinky switch only "disconnected" the Joystick, but not the throttle.
TMAW

Offline handy169

• Copper Member
X52?
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2006, 02:42:55 PM »

Offline MacGlide

• Zinc Member
X52?
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2006, 06:57:01 PM »
Sounds like TMAW needs to be grounded. :lol

Offline Mace2004

• Silver Member
      • TrackIR 4.0
Re: X52?
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2006, 07:30:53 PM »
Originally posted by 68slayr
i'm lookiing to get a new joystick.  (this time i'm not going for a crappy logitec stick  but going to spend some money)  I've been told about the saitek X52.  Would that be good to get?

Or is there something else out there?

X-52 is going for around $100 now,  excellent stick.....or....the X-52 Pro is coming out this month.  Looks like it'll list at $200 but it's pretty impressive.  Look here ][/URL]
Mace
Golden Gryphon Guild Mercenary Force G3-MF