Author Topic: An open letter to HTC and the Aces High community  (Read 3916 times)

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
An open letter to HTC and the Aces High community
« Reply #90 on: October 29, 2006, 10:11:45 PM »
:aok
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Messiah

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.theblueknights.com
« Reply #91 on: October 29, 2006, 10:30:18 PM »
See Rule #2
« Last Edit: October 30, 2006, 07:31:10 AM by Skuzzy »
Messiah(The O.G.)
The Blue Knights

Offline TimRas

• Nickel Member
« Reply #92 on: October 29, 2006, 11:40:27 PM »

Offline Paawo

• Copper Member
« Reply #93 on: October 30, 2006, 02:03:43 AM »

Offline Grendel

• Silver Member
      • http://www.compart.fi/icebreakers
« Reply #94 on: October 30, 2006, 03:00:45 AM »

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #95 on: October 30, 2006, 05:30:05 AM »
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!

Offline Sloehand

• Silver Member
« Reply #96 on: October 30, 2006, 06:51:21 AM »
OK, I've got a couple of things to say, so I'll start with the most important.

My apologies to all the Finns who play AH, including those of Lentolaivue 32.  I should not have interjected what was a personal incident into the thread.  It had nothing to do with the topic and was most certainly bad manners.  And quite frankly, as true, though transplanted Southerner, I am all about good manners and proper courtesy.

Please understand I'm not recanting what I claimed happened or my anger over it, just that it had no place in the conversation, and it thoughtlessly and inapproprately shed a bad light on the whole Finnish community.
I have voiced this apology to Mipoikel in a private email, but I think it only proper I say it to all the Finns and the whole AH community.

That having been said, as for me provoking such an incident, as at least one person has suggested, anyone who was ever in the DA with me before it was neutered, will remember I always championed proper dueling manners.  I never, ever jumped into an ongoing fight.  It simply would not occur to me to do so.  And for the first 4-6 weeks I spent as a newbie, I so determined not to break any rules or anger someone inadvertantly, that I spent much of the time flying high over the base, watching the duels below.  Further more, on the night in question, I didn't even have a chance to do anything wrong as I never stayed off the ground for more than 15 seconds from the moment I got into the DA.

But enough of that.  It should be obvious that anything I can remember this long with such anger was significant and important, at least to me.  It was the height of discourtesy in my mind at the time.  

However, my current faux pas has shown just how angry over it I was and that holding that anger is not a good thing.  Therefore, I'm going to try and forget it, get over it, and go on.

So again to the community as a whole I apologize for ever bringing it up.  To the members of Lentolaivue 32, I will fight you and respect your skill from now on, without rememberance of the past, as best I can.
Jagdgeschwader 77

"You sleep safe in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do you harm."  - George Orwell
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Offline Jompalainen

• Zinc Member
« Reply #97 on: October 30, 2006, 07:52:52 AM »

B-r-e-w-s-t-e-r
Kapt. Jompa
1. Lentueen Päällikkö
Lentolaivue 34

Offline Harppa

• Nickel Member
« Reply #98 on: October 30, 2006, 08:02:44 AM »

Harppa

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
« Reply #99 on: October 30, 2006, 05:28:10 PM »
However, my current faux pas has shown just how angry over it I was and that holding that anger is not a good thing. Therefore, I'm going to try and forget it, get over it, and go on.

So again to the community as a whole I apologize for ever bringing it up. To the members of Lentolaivue 32, I will fight you and respect your skill from now on, without rememberance of the past, as best I can.
Good show for you slowhand. Well said sir.
Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline -Mo-

• Zinc Member
Re: An open letter to HTC and the Aces High community
« Reply #100 on: October 30, 2006, 07:18:10 PM »
See Rule #2, #5
« Last Edit: October 31, 2006, 06:55:38 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline JussiK

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34/
« Reply #101 on: October 30, 2006, 11:27:40 PM »

JussiK00
Jos AH olisi quake niin sitähän pelaisi kaikki quaken pelaajatkin.

Mutta kuinkas ollakaan, IIÄLLÄÄ pelaa kaikki samaaan kuluttajaryhmään kuuluvat kuin quaken pelaajat. Boxipeli kun on... jotain 10-15V ikäryhmä.:rofl

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #102 on: October 31, 2006, 10:58:17 AM »
WTG Sloehand...!

You'll have a lot more fun worrying about the fights at hand than some old historical thing that don't mean anything right now.

Best Rgds
Ren
The Damned

Originally posted by Sloehand
OK, I've got a couple of things to say, so I'll start with the most important.

My apologies to all the Finns who play AH, including those of Lentolaivue 32.  I should not have interjected what was a personal incident into the thread.  It had nothing to do with the topic and was most certainly bad manners.  And quite frankly, as true, though transplanted Southerner, I am all about good manners and proper courtesy.

Please understand I'm not recanting what I claimed happened or my anger over it, just that it had no place in the conversation, and it thoughtlessly and inapproprately shed a bad light on the whole Finnish community.
I have voiced this apology to Mipoikel in a private email, but I think it only proper I say it to all the Finns and the whole AH community.

That having been said, as for me provoking such an incident, as at least one person has suggested, anyone who was ever in the DA with me before it was neutered, will remember I always championed proper dueling manners.  I never, ever jumped into an ongoing fight.  It simply would not occur to me to do so.  And for the first 4-6 weeks I spent as a newbie, I so determined not to break any rules or anger someone inadvertantly, that I spent much of the time flying high over the base, watching the duels below.  Further more, on the night in question, I didn't even have a chance to do anything wrong as I never stayed off the ground for more than 15 seconds from the moment I got into the DA.

But enough of that.  It should be obvious that anything I can remember this long with such anger was significant and important, at least to me.  It was the height of discourtesy in my mind at the time.  

However, my current faux pas has shown just how angry over it I was and that holding that anger is not a good thing.  Therefore, I'm going to try and forget it, get over it, and go on.

So again to the community as a whole I apologize for ever bringing it up.  To the members of Lentolaivue 32, I will fight you and respect your skill from now on, without rememberance of the past, as best I can.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2006, 11:03:34 AM by DamnedRen »

Offline JoppeX

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.kesalesket.net/llv32
Re: An open letter to HTC and the Aces High community
« Reply #103 on: October 31, 2006, 12:50:26 PM »

Offline Kentso

• Zinc Member
« Reply #104 on: October 31, 2006, 02:55:55 PM »