Author Topic: just an idea Squad Land  (Read 510 times)

Offline wrongwayric

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
just an idea Squad Land
« on: October 27, 2006, 11:57:22 AM »
Here is an idea i just had not sure if it could be done or not. Could a squad arena be created? Were you had to fly and defend as squads? No squads of say 5 people or less allowed? Seems like it might work to satisfy some of the squad player complaints. Any thoughts on this? Toss it around and see what ya think.

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
just an idea Squad Land
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2006, 12:21:56 PM »
We already have something close to this.  It's called Friday Night Squad Ops.

FSO.

Every 3 out of 4 fridays.
Time's fun when you're having flies.

Offline Mr No Name

• Silver Member
just an idea Squad Land
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2006, 12:26:16 PM »
i'd love this if cap was off arena size

the squad ops thing is boring, i used to do that sort of thing but it was dumb to spend 45 minutes climbing and flying waypoints for a short amount of fighting time
Vote R.E. Lee '24

Offline Geary420

• Silver Member
just an idea Squad Land
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2006, 04:28:58 PM »
Originally posted by Kermit de frog
We already have something close to this.  It's called Friday Night Squad Ops.

FSO.

Every 3 out of 4 fridays.

And it's usually a blast, would reccomend this or other special events to all those having trouble connecting with squadies.

Offline wrongwayric

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
ok, to be more clear
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2006, 07:09:01 PM »
The intent was to have a dedicated arena for squads on a daily basis. Squad night for quite a few of us with variable job hours, me especially as my schedule varies daily, sometimes hour by hour, this type of arena would give squad members a daily meeting place. Say if you log on tuesday at midnight there are 5 or more squad mates across all the arena's but there isn't anything really going on in any of them, you could get together in squad arena. I think it would definately have an impact on squad moral and promote more competion between squads. It also would help same country squads to coordinate better and enhance communication between squads. It's just a concept i've been thinking about and wondering if it would work here.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
just an idea Squad Land
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2006, 09:32:06 AM »
So what your saying is that when you log on, you locate all your squadies, and everyone moves to the "squad dedicted" arena to fly together, right?

We have 4 "main arenas" now and squads are complaining they can't get together as it is! Whats a 5th arena going to do?

Stop worrying about the "names" of the arenas , form up with your squad in which ever arena has cap room and have fun ! Doesn't sound so tuff to me!

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
Re: just an idea Squad Land
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2006, 11:38:51 AM »
Originally posted by wrongwayric
Here is an idea i just had not sure if it could be done or not. Could a squad arena be created? Were you had to fly and defend as squads? No squads of say 5 people or less allowed? Seems like it might work to satisfy some of the squad player complaints. Any thoughts on this? Toss it around and see what ya think.

It's called Head to Head or Free Multiplayer Arenas.