Author Topic: Bloody Cockpit  (Read 796 times)

Offline Big Mickey

• Zinc Member
Bloody Cockpit
« on: November 03, 2006, 01:26:05 AM »
Any way to turn off the bloody cockpit graphics when you get a pilot wound? For me I just don't need to see the spattered gore to increase my immersion,

Big Mickey

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
Bloody Cockpit
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2006, 02:26:47 AM »
You could try wiping it off between blackouts, but you'd probably just smear it and make more of a mess.

Offline FBplmmr

• Silver Member
Bloody Cockpit
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2006, 05:05:00 AM »
I'm sure there are several people that frequent this forum with good techniques for cleaning up blood.. and quite frankly that scares me!:eek:

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
Bloody Cockpit
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2006, 05:26:01 AM »
Yes, Plmmr, were all out to get you... :D

BigMickey, no, theres no way turning the "blood" graphic off. But there are planes where it is more or less visible.
21 is only half the truth.

Offline stantond

• Nickel Member
Bloody Cockpit
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2006, 06:53:30 AM »
If you press enter three times in rapid succession, that will clear the spattered wind screen from your view.  

Regards,

Malta

Offline Big Mickey

• Zinc Member
Bloody Cockpit
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2006, 09:34:29 AM »
Thanks for the answer Schatzi. Sorry to hear that there is no way to turn it off, but I appreciate the reply.

For the rest of you budding comedians that jumped in with your nuggets of wisdom, let's just say that I've experienced enough in life to not need spattered gore in my recreational activities.

Big Mickey

Offline stantond

• Nickel Member
Bloody Cockpit
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2006, 11:19:20 AM »
Oh come on now, everyone likes a bit of blood and gore with their recreational activities.  Your just sore because we teased you a bit.  Nothing personal and all in good fun.  I do prefer mine animated rather than real if I'm providing the blood and gore.

Regards,

Malta

Offline Big Mickey

• Zinc Member
Bloody Cockpit
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2006, 12:35:14 PM »
Malta....no no no... my mistake, didn't put silly smiley face graphics after the comments. It was meant in jest and my only intent was for a laugh. I am not sore at all.

Some folks like the bloody stuff which is fine by me. It's just not my cup of tea and I wish there was a way to make it not happen. I guess the only way is to not get hit....more incentive to fly better I guess.

Big (but not bloody) Mickey

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Bloody Cockpit
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2006, 02:36:01 PM »
I believe that the point of the blood is to let you know you have a pilot wound before you black out from it.

Offline flyboy97

• Zinc Member
Bloody Cockpit
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2006, 12:35:59 PM »
well just like that person sead press enter  times and u will bail out no blood but then u could just ignore it:D

Offline Benny Moore

• Silver Member
Bloody Cockpit
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2006, 02:52:25 PM »
He might be a paramedic or something.  It would be understandable why he would not want to see blood in a game.

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Bloody Cockpit
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2006, 08:05:36 PM »
i figured it out!! its alt f4

Offline Sethm35

• Zinc Member
not bad at all for a ww2 game..
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2006, 12:56:53 PM »
ya'll ahve to admit that for a ww2 game its pretty tasteful, ive seen alot worse it think HT did a great job making this a game/sim that is suitable for all ages. considering the the detail they use to make it as real as poss, it could have been verrryy graphic. im more than satisfied, especially when my 4yrold little girl wants to sit on daddys lap and fly i dont have to worry bout her gettin freaked plum out. thanx for the hard work HT guys  :D

Offline DustyR

• Copper Member
Bloody Cockpit
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2006, 08:11:30 PM »
I close my eyes, punch enter x3 and all the blood goes away, unless I'ave already blacked out.  Hope the chute deploys.:confused: :noid
Coal Country WV -- Home of the free ** because of the brave.