Author Topic: Zone Alarm warning  (Read 465 times)

Offline flakbait

• Silver Member
      • http://www.worldaccessnet.com/~delta6
Zone Alarm warning
« on: June 04, 2001, 05:00:00 PM »
I just recovered from a near-fatal collision with Zone Alarm and it's lack of willingness to uninstall files. Here's what happened:

Installed ZA 2.6 and figured it would work better. Since I didn't see a difference I went back to my old version (2.2) after getting rid of 2.6.

Saturday night/morning I couldn't get on. I thought it was an ISP problem but had to wait until today. No 24/7 tech support   Sooooo I restarted the system and I got a Blue Screen Error:

VxD (forgot this part) error calling from VSDATA95(01)

Zone Alarm FORGOT to take the file "vsdata95.vxd" with it, and left me with a mongo headache. That file was generating a Blue Screen of Death because it was calling on non-existant files.

Solution:

Edit System.ini to REMOVE the call line to that file if you find it. And run Regedit to REMOVE the regestry entry. Just do a search for the file name, it'll come up with a folder with the name. DELETE THE FOLDER!!! Once you do that, DELETE the file. All will be back to normal.

-----------------------
Flakbait [Delta6]
Delta Six's Flight School
Put the P-61B in Aces High
"With all due respect Chaplian, I don't think God wants to hear from me right now.
I'm gonna go out there and remove one of His creations from this universe.
And when I get back I'm gonna drink a bottle of Scotch like it was Chiggy von
Richthofen's blood and celebrate his death."
Col. McQueen, Space: Above and Beyond