Author Topic: 4 unbalanced arena  (Read 3080 times)

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
4 unbalanced arena
« Reply #45 on: November 04, 2006, 10:39:36 AM »
I've noticed that all the supporters seem to be under the impression that the dissenters all fall under one of these catagories:

ElGay Ho'n'Go vulch dweebs

Whorde dweebs

The BAD strat guys (the ones who knock down a FH only for the purpose of stopping a furball thinking it gets the FB'ers to help with the war aspects. I've flown with plenty of base captures that REQUESTED the FH's to be dropped).

This is NOT the case, and it's starting to burn me up that the dissenters are basically being told that for those reasons we have no right to voice OUR opinion.

Let me set the record straight here:

I wouldn't touch the cockpit of an ElGay with a hundred-foot pole. If I'm in a HO it's most likely because of a friggen Hurri2C insta-reversing on me, and I vulch only as part of base capture.

I am NOT with the whorde. I look for large but BALANCED fights.

I WILL advocate dropping an FH at a target if it's part of a base capture attempt, but NOT for no reason than to stop a furball, because I WILL furball if I'm in the mood to.

Stop lumping everyone who disagrees with the changes in just because they disagree. I'm more and more getting the impression from threads like this that I'm being told I'm not ENTITLED to my opinion. It's CLEAR that switching sides is not going to correct the problem, because it's already been proven that there's not enough people WILLING to switch. If the system worked as intended guys shouldn't HAVE to switch and fight against their friends on a country in the first place.

I wish some of the guys opposed to the change from in-game chat would start posting on the forum. I think you'll find the pro/against numbers would change DRASTICALLY because online the opinion is FAR more negative than on the boards.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
4 unbalanced arena
« Reply #46 on: November 04, 2006, 10:43:15 AM »
Originally posted by bj229r
Human nature of the horde dweeb has to be overcome here:

Notice the large # of planes on the bish-nit border:furious

Beej, only you and myself have said this at various times.   <> bro

This has been the "Rooks are Numbers potatos".    Again, 80 Rooks, 65 Knights, and 55 Bish translates to 80 Rooks fighting around 100 combined.   With the 20 being "token Bish/knit" border fighters.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
4 unbalanced arena
« Reply #47 on: November 04, 2006, 11:08:27 AM »
Originally posted by lazs2
before we had one arena with three sides and no real place for anything but about 5% of the plane set to be competitive  If you liked early war planes, you were SOL for the most part...

If you like early stuff in a 1 arena MA then you need skills enough to use those planes otherwise you run the risk of a competative plane set whine.  You either got it or you ain't and lets face it in a turn fight slower early planes have the ADVANTAGE.

... in this arena it mattered not what the numbers were because everyone was in a whorde and milkrunning in a huge circle jerk of hiding from each other...  if you stayed on for an hour or two you might find a fight had broken out on some little corner of the map but...

What a load off Tosh.  You must be the only guy that logs on and see's this day in day out.  You constantly talk like this was a daily occurance.  A regular event.....  Load of  b***ks!   Here's what your grief comes down to :-   if you stayed on for an hour or two As I'v said of you in the past all you wanna do is turn in and up your F4F in a 1 minute flight to the fight. ..... Free 8 man style ain't MA.

It the "strat" girls who "love good gameplay' found it... they would shut it down a soon as possible.  

You must have a "stalker".  They are prolly pissed off listen to the same whine for the last 6 yrs they find out exactly what field your uping from in your 1 minute flight to a fight and avacado ya hangers.  Someone has it in for you and you alone.

Now... we have 4 arenas with 12 choices of what side to be on depending...  we have twelve choices of country and style and within those choices... usually at least 2 or 3 places in each to take off and find a good fight.  and.. it will only get better as those who came here with the whorde mentality leave.

lazs
Public Relations Officer for the BK's

Glad your concerned bout HTC's business enough for alot of the punters to leave.  What happens if the remaining punters ain't interested in EW or MW ?  

"Side swapping" isn't happening......fact.  The very thing you seemed to think happened daily in the old MA is compounded,  MAGnatised in 4 arena's now.  4 arena's with the same handfull of maps.  

Lazs2 me ol fruit explain to me whats "healthy" about the situation now.

Offline golddredger

• Zinc Member
ENY......WTF, OVER
« Reply #48 on: November 04, 2006, 11:20:34 AM »
Jesus, this damn eny crap is the gayest thing i have ever seen.  They really need to stop the madness.  Are they sitting there and trying to find ways to screw up a good game?  The last 3 days in the arena have sucked.  The only planes I could get were crap due to the high eny.  I minored in history for 2 years in college and call me crazy.....but I DON'T REMEMBER ANY ENY CRIPPLER DURING WWII.     WTF?

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
Re: ENY......WTF, OVER
« Reply #49 on: November 04, 2006, 12:06:04 PM »
Originally posted by golddredger
Jesus, this damn eny crap is the gayest thing i have ever seen.  They really need to stop the madness.  Are they sitting there and trying to find ways to screw up a good game?  The last 3 days in the arena have sucked.  The only planes I could get were crap due to the high eny.  I minored in history for 2 years in college and call me crazy.....but I DON'T REMEMBER ANY ENY CRIPPLER DURING WWII.     WTF?

It PROBABLY means you are flying as a Bish in one of the LW arenas in which they have more guys than the other 2 countries combined. How can you have fun if you have a 2:1 advantage over your enemy? More and more, I'm getting into Laz's camp on this stuff--- my fighter skills will never make anyone forget the Red Baron, but I can't see what sense of accomplishment comes from kills had from a 50 plane horde running over 5-6 defenders
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
Re: Re: ENY......WTF, OVER
« Reply #50 on: November 04, 2006, 01:12:47 PM »
Originally posted by bj229r
but I can't see what sense of accomplishment comes from kills had from a 50 plane horde running over 5-6 defenders
You'd think, but to listen to them slapping each other in the butt and wtg'ing each other as they steamroll, they don't seem to get it.  They just see they are "winning."  ROFL.

Offline golddredger

• Zinc Member
4 unbalanced arena
« Reply #51 on: November 04, 2006, 01:12:56 PM »
Nope, I've been a happy rook since I joined a few years ago.

Offline golddredger

• Zinc Member
4 unbalanced arena
« Reply #52 on: November 04, 2006, 01:47:01 PM »
Exactly, Stang, thats' my point.  Just because one side or the other has more ground, people, etc.......I've got to put up with planes that are crap, at least crap for the defense that is needed.  Today I wanted to help defend a base that was being overrun, but the eny was 29 so I couldn't get any of my planes of choice.  I was repeatedly vulched until I finally gave it the middle finger.  When there are vulchers overhead, a p-38 aint gonna cut it.  My fav is a nik but of course it's eny was 5.  Bull****, pure Bull****.

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
4 unbalanced arena
« Reply #53 on: November 04, 2006, 05:17:39 PM »
Jeez, if the eny was 29, you must have had an incredible # of people online in your country---try upping a base a sector back with some of that human excess, come in high, and break the vulch. Ya get enough guys, athe P40 wil do it.

(the other obvious thing...if your base is under vulch, WHAT plane IS useful? Ya roll 30 feet and 5 guys are puring lead into ya)
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline golddredger

• Zinc Member
4 unbalanced arena
« Reply #54 on: November 04, 2006, 06:03:23 PM »
The Nik-1 is excellent in those conditions.  Tightest turn of any plane in the game.  And it gets off the ground quickly and performs really well at slow speeds, as in just having taken off kind of speeds.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
4 unbalanced arena
« Reply #55 on: November 04, 2006, 06:38:25 PM »
The Nik-1 is excellent in those conditions.  Tightest turn of any plane in the game.  

There are several planes that  can turn tighter than a Nikki. For example both A6M, Spit I, Spit V, Val, Hurri I & II and a few more
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline pluck

• Silver Member
4 unbalanced arena
« Reply #56 on: November 04, 2006, 07:35:12 PM »
ya, i really don't see any valid argument about complaining when your country clearly outnumbers another country.  eny is to help prevent this.  if you can't defend your own fields with a huge number advantage, i would be wondering where everyone else is on the map.  i could make a few guesses.  steam rolling empty bases and vulching other pieces of territory for the glory of the empire would be near the top of the list.
-Vast
NOSEART
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
4 unbalanced arena
« Reply #57 on: November 04, 2006, 07:37:37 PM »
The Nik-1 is excellent in those conditions.  Tightest turn of any plane in the game.  And it gets off the ground quickly and performs really well at slow speeds, as in just having taken off kind of speeds.

I'll shoot you down ALL DAY LONG in a Spit 1, Spit 5, Hurry 1, IIC, La5 & La7.   I'll also outturn you while I'm doing it.  

You made my evening.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline golddredger

• Zinc Member
4 unbalanced arena
« Reply #58 on: November 04, 2006, 07:52:52 PM »
Kinda funny you'd say that...........the planes you listed are the easiest to get away from, especially in a nik.  You must be really good at sneaking up behind em.  Oh I almost forgot, I love La-7's, especially when I'm flying "the 110 of death" :)

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
4 unbalanced arena
« Reply #59 on: November 04, 2006, 08:02:21 PM »
Kinda funny you'd say that...........the planes you listed are the easiest to get away from, especially in a nik.  You must be really good at sneaking up behind em.  Oh I almost forgot, I love La-7's, especially when I'm flying "the 110 of death" :)

Ask Sads.   I wasn't playing this game more than three months and he played hell in a Spit 9 to get me in a 109G6.   I had the plane down to 80 and almost made him pancake more than twice.   Not to mention the MASSIVE scissors moves he was forced to do.  

Again, any of the planes I listed will make that Niki confetti.   I had no problem flying below 100mph, or keeping the nose down at 550mph in an La7 when I flew em.   Sorry, but I think you are boasting uninformed.   The La7 is the best overall plane in the game for a "Pure Fighter".    I'll outturn you ALL DAY LONG in an La7 matched to the Niki.   The ONLY person I would fear in a Niki, would be Wax, that's it.  

You see sadly, since 95% of the folks who fly the La7, HO or BnZ.   The other 5% shocks the watermelon out of others by turning and making the "misinformed" pay dearly.   I'm a turnfighter, and no you won't get away if I'm behind you in any of those.   I'm sorry.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC