Author Topic: Flying Musicians  (Read 1754 times)

Offline Newman

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.327th.com/
Flying Musicians
« Reply #60 on: November 06, 2006, 11:20:42 PM »
Originally posted by T0J0
Using Top of my game in the same sentence as cover band is shameless:)
Looks like you have lots of fun! Thanks for sharing the link!
TJ

:rofl :rofl

The key to staying sane in a cover band is to grab the essence of the part, play cue's, or important riffs, and be yourself the rest of the time ;)

CJ's drummer and I are very interactive. We challenge each other constantly, tossing riffs back and forth. The rest of the band stays right with it!

I also play drums in an original band called Slugbait.

I liked Mirror TJ  :aok

SALUTE!

Newman
327th Steel Talons TFS CO (ret)
CM Scenario Team (ret)

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
Flying Musicians
« Reply #61 on: November 07, 2006, 10:15:46 AM »
Originally posted by Newman
:rofl :rofl

The key to staying sane in a cover band is to grab the essence of the part, play cue's, or important riffs, and be yourself the rest of the time ;)

CJ's drummer and I are very interactive. We challenge each other constantly, tossing riffs back and forth. The rest of the band stays right with it!

I also play drums in an original band called Slugbait.

I liked Mirror TJ  :aok

SALUTE!

Newman

Heelllllooooo.........Newman!   Whassup!  Still wearing those pink converse??:aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Newman

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.327th.com/
Flying Musicians
« Reply #62 on: November 08, 2006, 12:54:08 AM »
Originally posted by SkyRock
Heelllllooooo.........Newman!   Whassup!  Still wearing those pink converse??:aok

Oh YA! Wearing and playing pink  ;)  Chicks dig it!

Nice to see your still lurking SkyRock  :aok

SALUTE!

Newman
327th Steel Talons TFS CO (ret)
CM Scenario Team (ret)

Offline Optiker

• Zinc Member
Guitar
« Reply #63 on: November 08, 2006, 08:28:15 AM »
Started playing while recuperating from a football injury in high school. Learned three moveable chords and gigged as a rythme guitarist 'til I got married and kids started coming along (wonder how that happened?). Didn't play 'til I got scrambled off a motorcycle and was laid up for better part of a year (see a trend here?). Started playing classical to try and recover some right hand function (busted up pretty good). Got good enough to play out (light jazz, backing up singers, supper clubs, etc;) and made a living for ~ 5-years. Recovered physically and went back to real job which involved so much trave it was difficult to maintain music ties. Pretty much gig in my living room for fun.