Author Topic: Question for gatt (Ditching)  (Read 351 times)

Offline Apache

• Silver Member
Question for gatt (Ditching)
« on: April 06, 2000, 08:58:00 AM »
Gatt, (refering to your post in the bug reports forum)the Knight spit you shot down, was it last night (4/5/00)at approx. 2330 est., east of 16? If so, I was the spit driver. I was badly damaged by a spit and a 51 (was piloted by fd-ski). On the last pings on me, I banked slightly left because I was near a mountain wall. I was actually closer than I thought, because the next thing I know, I flair a little ( was at stall speed with flaps extended) and sit right down on the side of the hill, slide a few feet, then exit and run like hell.

------------------
Apache
++Renegade Nation++

Offline gatt

• Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2000, 09:20:00 AM »

Hi Apache,
time and place is right, but "my" Spit was dogfighting like hell and looked in good shape.
I got on his six in my C.205, he break turned left, I pulled lead and fired. Left wing off, fire, black and white smoke. I watched him flying for some 10 sec, waiting for the kill message, then he landed gently on the flat ground. Well, it was not his fault, it is a DM bug. I'm sure I saved my life some times in the same way.
Cya Apache.

Gatt
4°Stormo CT

"And one of the finest aircraft I ever flew was the Macchi C.205. Oh, beautiful. And here you had the perfect combination of italian styling and german engineering .... it really was a delight to fly ... and we did tests on it and were most impressed." - Captain Eric Brown

Offline Apache

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2000, 09:27:00 AM »
Ok. Nope, wasn't me. I was definetly against a spit and a 51.

------------------
Apache
++Renegade Nation++