Author Topic: Chest Thumping? PLEASE  (Read 2350 times)

Offline AirMann

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.windsockpilotsupplies.com
Chest Thumping? PLEASE
« Reply #45 on: November 06, 2006, 07:41:30 PM »
I will hire you to build my perkys for $100,000.00 a year, just because you are soo cool.

Offline dhaus

• Copper Member
Chest Thumping? PLEASE
« Reply #46 on: November 06, 2006, 07:44:47 PM »
I r 1337!!  I r the one that gets shot down so the chest thumpers can thump!  If it weren't for piluts lik me, thre wud be no aces high.  HiTech needs to put me on the payroll.

Offline SAS_KID

• Silver Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/saskid
Chest Thumping? PLEASE
« Reply #47 on: November 06, 2006, 08:04:24 PM »
Originally posted by x0847Marine
I'd be embarrassed to "brag" about being good at a game any drop out loser can master.. I've accomplished & done way too much cool stuff in life to even consider 'gaming skill' an asset.

For those with jack squat accomplished in life, being a good joystick manipulator just might be the best thing they'll ever do.

BTW gaming doesn't require "skill", just practice.. any numbnut kid can become an AH ace, try brain surgery, earning a professional certificate or accomplishing something most others cant... like geting a job that washes out 97% of applicants.

Edit: BUT for those who really think they're skilled gamers, put your $$ where your mouth is...  nothing says "skill" like a fat wad of cash, and nothing shuts up the net mouths faster than when they loose their lunch $$.

eye'm goinng two Harverd
eye'm goinng two Harverd
eye'm goinng two Harverd
Wit my 4.6...GPS!:cool:
Quote from: hitech on Today at 09:27:26 AM
What utter and compete BS, quite frankly I should kick you off this bbs for this post.

The real truth is you do not like the answer.

HiTech

Offline JB88

• Plutonium Member
Chest Thumping? PLEASE
« Reply #48 on: November 06, 2006, 08:37:21 PM »
Originally posted by SAS_KID
eye'm goinng two Harverd
eye'm goinng two Harverd
eye'm goinng two Harverd
Wit my 4.6...GPS!:cool:

it's GPA at harverd. nimwit.

:D
« Last Edit: November 06, 2006, 09:20:40 PM by JB88 »
this thread is doomed.
www.augustbach.com  

To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield. -Ulysses.

word.

Offline 47Hooker

• Zinc Member
Chest Thumping? PLEASE
« Reply #49 on: November 06, 2006, 10:19:56 PM »
oh...my...gawd.:huh

If someone feels the need to brag about how good they are at a video game , that pretty much tells you all you need to know about them.

It's nothing but entertainment.  Nobody is going to knock on your door and say "I've been watching you play that game, will you come test fly my restored Spitfire?":rofl

Offline MOIL

• Silver Member
      • http://www.ltar.org
Chest Thumping? PLEASE
« Reply #50 on: November 06, 2006, 10:38:53 PM »
" on the other hand, this game is based on skill"

:lol :rofl :lol :eek: :rofl :lol :lol :rofl

Offline Nomak

• Silver Member
Chest Thumping? PLEASE
« Reply #51 on: November 06, 2006, 10:42:11 PM »
Originally posted by x0847Marine

BTW gaming doesn't require "skill", just practice.. any numbnut kid can become an AH ace, try brain surgery, earning a professional certificate or accomplishing something most others cant... like geting a job that washes out 97% of applicants.

Quite a boast from someone who has never achieved real sucess at this game.  Who are you to judge what it takes to be "Great" at this game when you yourself never have?  The truth is you have no clue.

I ran into you a week or 2 ago in the MA.  I have to admit that you impressed me.  You are worlds better than I ever thought you would become from your "bail at the first sign of trouble" days.  That being said...... you are still in no position to judge what it takes to be a bad arse in this game.

I respect you far more than I did in the past, however you are still speaking about things that you don't really understand.  

Better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.  FWIW..... I have been guilty of the same many times.  Opening my mouth when I should'nt that is........

And to Lawman......  How do you presume to have any idea weather or not I take my "Bad arse online persona" into real life?  Just because I act the "bad mutha" online does'nt mean that I can't seperate real life from this game.  I have earned the right to act the bad arse online.  Have you?? If you havn't then step off and don't judge me until you have.  I understand that your post wasn't directed at me..... however.... I have played the part you describe many times.  You are passing judgement when you havn't walked a mile in others shoes.

People play the bad arse often in AH.  Sometimes it is played appropriatly and sometimes it is not.  Don't try to paint all breeds with a single wide brush.  It just does'nt work that way.

That is all..... carry on.

Dave

Offline jaxxo

• Silver Member
Chest Thumping? PLEASE
« Reply #52 on: November 06, 2006, 11:07:37 PM »
chest thumping is just  a stage in the career of an AH'r...when they do actually become a great "toon" ftr pilot most are happy to let their flying talk for them, matter of fact its usually the lesser skilled ftr tooners that do all the boasting...

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Chest Thumping? PLEASE
« Reply #53 on: November 06, 2006, 11:17:42 PM »
Originally posted by jaxxo
chest thumping is just  a stage in the career of an AH'r...when they do actually become a great "toon" ftr pilot most are happy to let their flying talk for them, matter of fact its usually the lesser skilled ftr tooners that do all the boasting...

Yep.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
Chest Thumping? PLEASE
« Reply #54 on: November 06, 2006, 11:22:03 PM »
Originally posted by jaxxo

And we all hope that day is sooner than later for you Jaxxo.

:p :D

Offline megadud

• Gold Member
Chest Thumping? PLEASE
« Reply #55 on: November 07, 2006, 03:36:14 AM »
i'm teh 133735+

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
Chest Thumping? PLEASE
« Reply #56 on: November 07, 2006, 03:44:48 AM »
Originally posted by Major Biggles

remember i'm 5+ hours ahead... when are you free?

Will you just quit pounding your chest???

Blah... +5... any noob can do that.... ever tried +6??!!??

:t
21 is only half the truth.

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
Chest Thumping? PLEASE
« Reply #57 on: November 07, 2006, 03:50:04 AM »
Originally posted by Guppy35
Sticking out chest and pounding it.....Cough, gasp!

I can wreck a P38G faster then any of you punks!  I've got the skills!

So there!

My hard drive is bigger then your hard drive too!

Hah!

I CHALANG3 U!1!1!11!111!!1!!!!1!1!11!!!!!111!1111!!11! WTF LOL I CAN WRAK A P38 LIEK ANY HEAD HUNT3R!!11!11! WTF

:rofl

(This 12-year-old AOL translator really is a handy thing.... :D)
21 is only half the truth.

Offline BigR

• Silver Member
Chest Thumping? PLEASE
« Reply #58 on: November 07, 2006, 04:06:49 AM »
Remember...this is a game...why even get upset about people talking trash in the first place? It's what they want you to do =) I do it all the time in the MA. It makes people make mistakes in a fight. I have my friends online and I have my enemies too. It makes things interesting. I don't ACTUALLY dislike ANYONE in this game. I may appear to, but in real life, I'm sure i would get along with pretty much everyone here. I've been messing with the Sick Puppies lately because of a couple of their members timidness. Some guy called me a "bad person" because of it... LOL! People take this stuff too seriously.

Offline NCLawman

• Nickel Member
Chest Thumping? PLEASE
« Reply #59 on: November 07, 2006, 04:24:29 AM »
Originally posted by Nomak

And to Lawman......  How do you presume to have any idea weather or not I take my "Bad arse online persona" into real life?  Just because I act the "bad mutha" online does'nt mean that I can't seperate real life from this game.  I have earned the right to act the bad arse online.  Have you?? If you havn't then step off and don't judge me until you have.  I understand that your post wasn't directed at me..... however.... I have played the part you describe many times.  You are passing judgement when you havn't walked a mile in others shoes.

People play the bad arse often in AH.  Sometimes it is played appropriatly and sometimes it is not.  Don't try to paint all breeds with a single wide brush.  It just does'nt work that way.
Dave [/B]

First off... I don't even know you, nor have I ever heard of you.  So no need to assume I am judging you.  In fact, I have not passed judgment on anyone in this game.  I have not accused anyone, or passed myself off as better than they.  That is exactly the purpose of the original post.  That no one here is qualified to pass judgment.  If you are going to brag about "uber" skillz then come in and tout your skillz.  But don't come to the boards passing judgment about "lower class people" who should just leave the game because they are spit dweebs, hoarders, hanger bangers,milk-runners, tool sheeders, furballers, l-gay drivers, P-fiftyruns, run-ninetys (have I forgotten any?).  

As I said in a previous response, a bit of smack talking, bragging, and challenging is what gives the game personality and adds to its flavor.  Go out and challenge another and  fight to the end of your cartoon bullets or plane.  Talk smack and send your salute or whatever you choose.  

The reference I was attempting to make, apparently unsuccessfully, was simply that the chest pounding which is meant to state that one person (or group) is a lesser class of society because they don't {fill in the blank} or because they do {fill in the blank}.

So Nomak, as you have admittedly passed judgment of others, I suggest you take your own advise to "not pass judgment".
Jeff / NCLawMan (in-game)

Those who contribute the least to society, expect the most from it.

Light travels faster than sound.  This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.