Author Topic: ThrustMaster Joystick  (Read 586 times)

Offline Airscrew

• Platinum Member
ThrustMaster Joystick
« on: September 10, 2001, 09:06:00 AM »
Is anybody else using the Thrustmaster MarkII joystick?   I would like to find out what settings are best.  I followed some from Lephturn's website (i think it was his) and some suggestions from other postings.  Although a/c handling has improved considerably I am still having problems with the stick returning to center and autopilot and auto climb are a squeak to set because the stick is still inputing to the airelons.  I have calibrated the joystick in setup several times the last couple of weeks.  The only other thing I can think to do is disassemble and clean the stick, it is after several years old, I bought in 96 and I played a lot of sims with it.  But before I give up on the thrustmaster and get a new stick I would like to try to fix it.  Any suggests??

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
ThrustMaster Joystick
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2001, 09:18:00 AM »
Have you checked the Potentiometer springs?  They need cleaning occasionally and replacement if they are too worn.  You can get repair kits via the Thrustmaster website and they have a forum for issues with their older material.  Personally I would get a different stick for a while but you might want to hold out for the next TM gear coming up in a couple of months.  The Cougar HOTAS setup is going to be around $250 from Chips and Bits online store.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline Airscrew

• Platinum Member
ThrustMaster Joystick
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2001, 01:12:00 PM »
Thanks Reschke, I'll check out the website for information.   I figured I would probably open it up and clean it and see if that helps,  but still would like to see if anyone has any settings particular to the Thrustmaster, or are the settings the same regardless of the type, style or brand of joystick?