Author Topic: HELP ! CH F16 Fighterstick / WIN2K  (Read 673 times)

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
HELP ! CH F16 Fighterstick / WIN2K
« on: June 07, 2001, 01:31:00 AM »
EEEK !

I had to go for WIN2K on my homesystem, and I installed my joystick alright (tried 4Button/throttle/Rudder drivers as well as the CHF16fighterstick drivers).

Windoze recognises the Joystick alright, but as soon as I fire up SPEEDKEYS, it says there is no joystick...

[ 06-07-2001: Message edited by: Saintaw ]
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline bigUC

• Nickel Member
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2001, 06:21:00 AM »
Ahhh - I just did the same thing - been running win2k for a while, and decided to get my ch pro throttle out of the closet - but the problem is (as stated on CH's webpages) that speedkeys doesn't work in win2k.  Searched the net for alternatives, but to no avail...

What i finally came up with was a dos bootdisk and a copy of the old dos-programming interface for my throttle at ftp.chproducts.com (/pub) (use an ftp-client) -  get the file prothrot.exe. This might work for you too: Just make a folder called "throttle" on your bootdisk and expand the files there.  You can also try some other files there, maybe they are better suited to your f-16 flightstick...

Good luck , and e-mail me in case of problems....
--
Regards,
BigUC   :D
Kurt is winking at U!

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2001, 06:37:00 AM »
Weee, thanks a bunch, will try that out tonight (I think SOB is the CHF16 Fighterstick --> WIN2K Support expert, or was it Vulcan...  ;) )

I knew it was not supportd, but that didn't mean it's not working at all to me  :(

Also, not only Speedkeys doesn't recognise it, but neither does AH (only shows mouse in the controlers available)
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline bigUC

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2001, 06:45:00 AM »
Don't use the drivers from CH - use a standard 6-button joystick w. 2 POVs and throttle from the joystickapplet in Control panel instead - that way, you should be able to use the stick with some of the buttons and hats...  I would recommend unistalling the ch-driver - Win2k treats joysticks differently than win98/me
--
BigUC
Kurt is winking at U!