Author Topic: views  (Read 517 times)

Offline whirl

• Zinc Member
views
« on: September 11, 2001, 07:30:00 AM »
i've got a problem with the views.. i feel there should be a better way to keep tracks of enemy planes when in combat--the reason i say this is, i don't have any peripheral view or the ability to quickly look around any cockpit obstructions.  there should really be a way(aside from a 360* virtual helmet<G> )to adjust the views for those of us flying in birds with hvy cockpit obstructions(namely the p-38.)sliding up or down or left or right isn't the solution.  couldn't the obvious obstructions(canopy frame to be exact) be more like the message window?  its not realistic at all to loose a bogey because i can't look around a thin overhead cockpit frame--i've died, more often than not, because i'll loose a bogey for a split second then have to loop or split several times just to re-establish visual contact.  this really sucks.  

:confused:   :confused:

Offline skernsk

• Platinum Member
views
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2001, 08:34:00 AM »
It's been like this for quite sometime.  Origionally you could see the bogey throught the front panel of the cockpit.  Several people asked that to be fixed and along with it the icons disappear when any obstruction is there.

It takes some getting used to, but eventually you won't notice it.

Offline Lephturn

• Silver Member
      • http://lephturn.webhop.net
views
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2001, 08:05:00 AM »
You do know that each view is adjustable and you can save that position for each view, right?

Check out my article here:  http://lephturn.webhop.net/views.htm

However, you can't make it too easy to see around cockpit obstructions.  After all, there was a reason that the bubble canopies were such an advantage in combat.  We need to model the view strengths and weaknesses of each plane and AH does it well.  Make it too easy and having a bubble top bird does not matter... and in the real deal it surely did.

Offline whirl

• Zinc Member
views
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2001, 10:03:00 AM »
thanks dude.. that was an informative lecture on views in AH..  <S>